What's new

NEC8 UMK3 Tournament Results

After I pwn Frankie in jersey im gonna have to head over to philly and crush niggygot5 :twisted:

I'll be in philly as well the only thing im not sure about is whether il will be staying the night. If the menu includes Drugs, booze and whoo-ores then im staying.

DARKVIRU5 said:
After I pwn Frankie in jersey im gonna have to head over to philly and crush niggygot5 :twisted:

I'll be in philly as well the only thing im not sure about is whether il will be staying the night. If the menu includes Drugs, booze and whoo-ores then im staying.
It will include booze thats for damn sure, there might be some maryjane goin around, not by me but it will be there I bet. Whores, well I dunno I'm sure they got a strip joint around philly we could hit up! hahaha

Frankiebonez said:
It will include booze

Nuff Said. Im there.

***Edit***

Frankz you offer whoo-ores and then renege in another thread! how dare you!

If you don't show up in philly were gonna have to plan a "pwn Frankz" night on your basement cab. xp

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Just a reminder folks, less than a month away. Let's hope to see at least 16 players and make it a good tournament.

dreemernj

Ambassador
I really wanted to practice on stick for this since I know I can't use a 360 pad and I don't think I'll have a custom Keyboard controller by then, lol. The stick I have is horrible.

Tim Static

Adminerator
dreemernj said:
I really wanted to practice on stick for this since I know I can't use a 360 pad and I don't think I'll have a custom Keyboard controller by then, lol. The stick I have is horrible.
What do you mean you cant use a pad? :roll:

Feel my pain! :cry:

i forgot about mk at nec lol. damn need a bit of practice for all the game im going to enter. though mk is always fun cant wait

dreemernj

Ambassador
I wish I could hook the DS up to the 360, lol. It's d-pad is so much better.

I'll try and practice on a stick so I'm not just flailing aimlessly.

Tim Static

Adminerator
dreemernj said:
Quoted for truth.

But I am about tired of jumping up instead of forwards or backwards and vica versa. :eek:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
dreemernj said:

If you go to your parents for Thanksgiving I can let you borrow one of the new sticks.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
dreemernj said:

Hell yeah man, totally agree lol.

I wish you could hook up the DS pad or SNES pad to an arcade machine hehe :wink:

It changes my game dramatically compared to a 360 pad or stick, btw if there's ever an UMK3 tournament or MK in general in NYC somewhere SI or BK let me know, I'll be there if I'm free guys. :wink:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I ran through a list of possible players for the tournament of ones I know will be there and ones who might be. If everyone shows up on the same day we will have between 20 to 25 players, but I expect it to be broken up. Hopefully at least 1 day will have 16 players.

Possible players who'll be there, not all are confirmed and have travel difficulties, but a bunch are always at NEC:

Me, DreemerNJ, Crazy, DJ Eric, Julian, Jeron, Mach1, Kyle, RushedDown, Summoning, TarkanX, GemDoom, Phi (if he can make it), Dark Geese (if I can get him to play), Sean and Mike from Philly hopefully again this year, Amir wanted to play last time at ECC12 but didn't come back, and also fLoE if he's there.

I need to know if Dark Virus, any of the L.I. guys are planning on going like Natas, Hades, or the Made in NY guys. If anyone talks to them let them know it's coming up soon and I know players expressed interest.

Also about 4 or 5 guys have signed up on the SRK boards who don't post here, one says he's bringing a couple friends to play as well. Looks like the turnout could be pretty big.

mach1

Noob
Is it gonna be on sat. or sun.? What time will it start? I need to start making concrete plans with my driving schedule and hotel arrangements, etc. Any info would be helpful.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
If I were you I'd try and be there Saturday and Sunday. With a two day weekend it's hard to tell when the tournament will be. It won't start before 6PM on Saturday and not after 6PM on Sunday. It'd be more worth it to come up and stay both days I think if possible. Last year I wanted to have a tournament on Saturday and then if we had enough run another Sunday. There were only like 5 players last year on Saturday who would enter but 11 on Sunday so it worked out.

Mach1, if you can, bring your equipment (360, the arcade stick you won etc) because we might need two set ups depending how many players there are. That of course doesn't guarantee we'll have room for two but we'll see, it's better to have it ready. Generally we run UMK3 next to Battousai's set up for other classic fighting games.