What's new

NEC8 UMK3 Tournament Results

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
ÐarkMoon said:
Thats what I was wondering, I think the guy in the sam n max shirt (bunny crossbone) is BustaUppa since he has a Day of the Tentacle avatar.
Correct. And the dude in the green skull shirt is CD. And Niggy is of course, the white dude with black spikey like hair with Shock

Shock

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Premium Supporter
pic 1 is DJ Eric, Darkid and Busta, pic 2 Crazy, pic 3 crazy and Shock, pic 4 Shock and Mach1, pic 5 Shock vs Crazy starting.

I watched through the matches I had with Crazy, and he won about 10 - 5 with a streak of 6 at the end. I will try and get them up today, most of them go 3 rounds and very close, a couple ownage matches here and there.

Shock

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Premium Supporter
The final 4 was kinda funky after seeing the matches. It didn't seem like you should have beaten Joe, but then it didn't seem like Eric should have beaten you. Very odd turn out, I would have predicted: Crazy, Joe, you, Eric. I have to get Joe on sometime and teach him to be more deadly with Human Smoke, he has the potential to win with him but misses chances here and there.

Look you have fun guys... ^_^ could someone please edit some of those pics and put their names on it?...

DC: You look like the vocals of NOFX but a little more... fat (no offense^_^)

Where´s the Footage?... i always like to watch tournaments vids... please i hope someone rec some peoples talking and screaming... i love to hear shits like "damm it, i lost because the stick" haha:p is so funny or things like "shut da fucked up man im trying to play"

so this was a computer/console tournament? Weird. I can see a sign for SNK in the background, i'm sure there was more people there for those style of fightings, but did any of the capcom/snk fanboys watch some UMK3 matches to see what it was about?

dreemernj

Ambassador
ÐarkMoon said:
so this was a computer/console tournament? Weird. I can see a sign for SNK in the background, i'm sure there was more people there for those style of fightings, but did any of the capcom/snk fanboys watch some UMK3 matches to see what it was about?
There are always people that walk past, look at what's going on, and say "Wow, I didn't know you could play Mortal Kombat like that." Apparently watching a handful of decent players randoming 2vs2 match after match and having every match actually be a good match impresses people ;-)

There are a ton of different games at NEC each year. UMK3 has one of the smaller crowds around it typically. Although I think the crowd was bigger than the VF5 crowd most of the time, lol.

UMK3 was set up in the middle of the room with a few station packed with classic games, lol. For a while we had MSH next to us, then Alpha 2, MvSF, Hunter, COTA, KI, probably half a dozen others too.

It was just like the old days, lol.

Thats very cool, I wish I know of places like that here. A buddy of mine worked at Nintendo Headquarters here in Redmond (now works for microsoft) he said they have a MK2 cabinet there. If I was able to hold a tourney he would be able to get me into the headquarters, I just never did because I didn't think MK2 would bring anybody. Playing at Nintendo would be cool though.

We have a two story arcade in Seattle ( http://www.gameworks.com ), the upstairs is all classic games. I believe they have all of the MK machines but I just heard that from someone else, I am going to look into it.
:)

Shock

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Premium Supporter
ÐarkMoon said:
This year more players than ever were interested in UMK3 who play other games. On Sunday when I set up 3 guys who don't really play UMK3 saw the sticks and were like "Holy shit!" so they played for about a half hourall vs eachother, I showed them some stuff and explained the mechanics.

The other night a Super Turbo player IMed me and said he was very impressed with the UMK3 matches and wants to learn it.

mach1

Noob
rzp said:
Look you have fun guys... ^_^ could someone please edit some of those pics and put their names on it?...

Where´s the Footage?... i always like to watch tournaments vids... please i hope someone rec some peoples talking and screaming... i love to hear shits like "damm it, i lost because the stick" haha:p is so funny or things like "shut da fucked up man im trying to play"
Who is DC? And how do you know what fat mike looks like, do you like punk rock? lol

Shock

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Premium Supporter
rzp said:

What are you talking about?

Derek

Noob
Shock said:
rzp said:

I think he meant that it looks like NEC8 was a lot of fun. He also meant Crazy Dominican looks like the lead singer of NOFX except a little more chubby/fat. And he was wondering where the match vieeos are.

I think I got it right.

Yeah, CD looks just like Fat Mike, and I'll be darned if Mach1 ain't the spittin' image of El Hefe.

Or, just to put this out there, maybe you need glasses. :-P

Shock

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Premium Supporter
l SuGaR l said:
Shock said:
rzp said:

I think he meant that it looks like NEC8 was a lot of fun. He also meant Crazy Dominican looks like the lead singer of NOFX except a little more chubby/fat. And he was wondering where the match vieeos are.

I think I got it right.
I was confused because he said DC, and also, CD looks nothing like him, in fact Mach1 looks a lot more like him, and on top of that Crazy is less fat than Fat Mike since Crazy isn't fat at all. I also don't understand the question about wanting to hear people complain about things.

Shock said:
l SuGaR l said:
Shock said:
rzp said:

I think I got it right.
I was confused because he said DC, and also, CD looks nothing like him, in fact Mach1 looks a lot more like him, and on top of that Crazy is less fat than Fat Mike since Crazy isn't fat at all. I also don't understand the question about wanting to hear people complain about things.
yeah yeah yeah... now about those vids :wink:

Shock

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Premium Supporter
I have no way of getting them on my computer right now.