What's new

Match-up Discussion My Shang Tsung MU Chart

IDK how you can have an opinion on a character you dont play/dont play against. Sorry.
You always say this, but I've never been given a reason as to why Rain sucks, by ANYONE.

He's basically Cyrax without resets and longer reach. RH vortex instead of command grabs.
rain sucks because of his bad dash speed... his lack of zoning... mediorce counter-zoning... dependency on meter and the ability to jump out of his pressure.

Death

Noob
Well, until you limit your game to 90% 4RH you'll not understand
I understand that but things online helps him too. Like fuzzy guarding lightning. Online his zoning is viable while its not viable offline really. His teleport is godlike online too

He's still good tho. I'm not like most ppl in here who thinks rain is shit.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
rain sucks because of his bad dash speed... his lack of zoning... mediorce counter-zoning... dependency on meter and the ability to jump out of his pressure.
His dash speed is fine, unless you dont dash block.
His dependency on meter is countered by the fact that he builds it like mad, and the threat of his meter allows him to build more.
Try jump out of my rains pressure, you'll be dead in 2 moves, thats like saying, jump out of Cages pressure, or Kabals pressure.

I'll stop talking cause this is a Shang thread not a Rain thread, and theres no point in explaining Rain, A VERY SIMPLE & EFFECTIVE CHARACTER, to anybody that doesnt understand just how effective his simple gameplans are.

Death, Rain is shit online, he suffers like Skarlet suffers online. You dont fuzzy guard lightning anyway, its not a mid or a low.

I promise you, if all the other Rains out there used my gameplan, people wouldnt think he was so shitty.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
yeah but unless your kabal,kenshi or freddy everyones zoning sucks in this game.

Death

Noob
yeah but unless your kabal,kenshi or freddy everyones zoning sucks in this game.
I think shangs is really good because of the adv he gets on his skulls. Mix that in with soul steal and it's good. The only difference is that you have to be good at zoning and make reads on it. It's not braindead button smashing like the chars you mentioned

Lulzlou

Noob
shangs pressure is not nearly as good as cages... shangs should never technically open you up.... the 21/21f2 mix up with cages yields far more reward because it gives him so many options because it jails you standing for frame trap plus he has way more chip its not even close
Shang's midscreen pressure is decent but I agree, its nothing like cages. His corner game is one of the best imo

His dash speed is fine, unless you dont dash block.
His dependency on meter is countered by the fact that he builds it like mad, and the threat of his meter allows him to build more.
Try jump out of my rains pressure, you'll be dead in 2 moves, thats like saying, jump out of Cages pressure, or Kabals pressure.

I'll stop talking cause this is a Shang thread not a Rain thread, and theres no point in explaining Rain, A VERY SIMPLE & EFFECTIVE CHARACTER, to anybody that doesnt understand just how effective his simple gameplans are.

Death, Rain is shit online, he suffers like Skarlet suffers online. You dont fuzzy guard lightning anyway, its not a mid or a low.

I promise you, if all the other Rains out there used my gameplan, people wouldnt think he was so shitty.
i will say 4 rh and b2 +12 are both amazing... plus he has meter control... hes not bad i just dont think hes that good... u'd say hes top 10 id say hes around 18

Death

Noob
Shang's midscreen pressure is decent but I agree, its nothing like cages. His corner game is one of the best imo
Not necessarily. His f4~gs is really good. After the gs he can either f4 again or d3 and d3 is always guaranteed. D3 d4 gs is really good too. He can also get out of pressure with his 9f mid and has armor. Safe armor too. With Shang you just have to be a really good player to use him at high levels. Hust his hitbox hurts him

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
I think shangs is really good because of the adv he gets on his skulls. Mix that in with soul steal and it's good. The only difference is that you have to be good at zoning and make reads on it. It's not braindead button smashing like the chars you mentioned
yeah i mean shangs better than alot of the cast at keeping you out but what i meant was its not like you cant get around it and get in unlike kabal,kenshi and freddy.the skulls are great but like you said you have to place them to perfection for them to work well.i guess i meant as a generalization zoning in this game is kind of irrelevent considering how fast people play these days.

Not necessarily. His f4~gs is really good. After the gs he can either f4 again or d3 and d3 is always guaranteed. D3 d4 gs is really good too. He can also get out of pressure with his 9f mid and has armor. Safe armor too. With Shang you just have to be a really good player to use him at high levels
hes really solid across the charts... but i think his weaknesses are this... his damage isnt that great midscreen without meter... in the footsie game f4 is decent but is outclassed by some and very whiff punishable... forcing him to d3 which can be counter-poked... his pressure is very solid but should rarely yield full combos.... just very good chip and very good meter... when hes heavily outzoned or his zoning his shutdown his game is very weak because of his dash speed... and his wakeup game is all ex ss.. he loses quite a few matchups but not a lot are 7-3 bad... hes a vry good character whose pretty tournament viable in a game with a clear tier of characters who are broken. cowboy outplayed a lot of people this weekend... a lot.

I used to disagree with you but now I agree with the exact things I disagreed with before and I will like all of your posts because you did good at SCR.

Don't act like none of you do this.

CheapEddie

I HAVE A FACE NOW!
Shang zoning is really good. You just have to be a really good player to make it effective. It's not braindead zoning like kenshi or kabal. SS is really good in foursomes. Does good damage, safe and has good range. The only problem with Shang is that you have to be an incredible player to master him. You also have to master and use soul steal which means you better be good with most of the cast. His only con IMO is his hitbox. His slow uppercut is irrelevant because he has incredible pokes and a 9f mid.

Good in breakable damage. I refuse to believe he loses to jade, noob, CSz and barely beats Kano. This character is good. Just outside top 10.
Never thought i`ll read such smart words from Sonya player. (Cage player saying). :D I truly believe too he`s underrated.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
shang does well against most of the cast except jax but nobody can compete against a perfect character.sorry i just had to

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
he does not build nearly as much meter... 21 11f1 f33b3... enough said 21 is a far more brutal guessing game then ground skulls.
+2 means this... i can go for a poke and the best he can do is poke which i can wait to counter-poke if i read it..the worst i get for waiting is one more f4... its a very fair and simple ... i can always armor and if i read down 3 i can jump.... shangs combos do not end in a reset if i tech roll and he has to read that to force me to block an upskulll.... his combos dont do as much damage... the over head isnt too bad though for shang but its only 17% can be poked out of and an up close ss puts u at disadvantage.

its not even close cage has 21 2 21f2 1 11 11f1 f3 f33 f33b3 f33ex all has viable options if u mixup properly and utilize his core 21 mixup cage is way worst.
i agree
but shangs pressure is extended much further than anything Cage can get.
Shang builds more meter... because his special is blocked. Thats just a fact... two reps of his block string builds more meter than anything cage could hope for. Cage also burns meter to keep his only + option on block

I mean... the same you said for Shang goes for Cage. If I read something I can get out or even punish him. I think in their own rights... they are silly pressure characters that always have good options when they touch you.... block or hit.
BTW... shang can always do what Cage does an just walk away after a blocked ground skull and blow up anything you want to do. They are both a PITA when up close.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
aabout the cage mu,correct me if i am wrong,but i thing that cage an other fast down pokes,can down poke between f4 ground skull!!!!!

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Not necessarily. His f4~gs is really good. After the gs he can either f4 again or d3 and d3 is always guaranteed. D3 d4 gs is really good too. He can also get out of pressure with his 9f mid and has armor. Safe armor too. With Shang you just have to be a really good player to use him at high levels. Hust his hitbox hurts him
He doesnt have a 9f mid, F4 is 10f, 8f after a blocked GS.
D3 isnt gauranteed, you can jump away from all options after a blocked GS, except for 1 2 or mid GS

Escaping pressure with a 10f move isnt a good idea, unless against Kabal, on a good read, in the right place.

no,without armor someone check it!!!!!
Theres a 4f gap, so you can only armour it. But I say just play the rock paper scissors game and force him into doing his worst option everytime, either D1 or 1 2.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
The only guaranteed move Shang has after ground skull is d1.
it can't be jumped nor poked.

But its whatever... because after ground skull... he has 3 options.... and it makes you play rock paper scissors everytime.