What's new

Match-up Discussion My Shang Tsung MU Chart

LEGEND

YES!
Thats what I was talking about, if you wanna do Ex SS or a mid GS be my guest, thats Shangs risk.
But what do you mean by simply Jump out/away from F4-GS pressure? (since thats not actually possible)

And those aren't risks unless you want to burn meter for a Ex Tele

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
As a mu police officer I have to call out this mu chart as serious downplaying. 20 shangs mus=dis adv and even while the good mus are 6-4 vs Kano and losing to jade..... Lbsh Shang rushdown is better than cages. Has good zoning and good armor.

I think it's time for the REAL Shang chart
GTFOH. When did you start playing Shang? Please don't start this numbers shit again, you always do.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Related to his pressure, I feel that it is quite strong but not quite at the level of Cage because Shang isn't is fast and can't mix you up as frequently as Cage. I definitely think that Shang has a top 3 corner game though. Shang blows up very few characters but also only gets blown up by a few, which is why my current mu chart looks this way. I honestly don't see him having any 7-3's besides Sheeva, Quan, and possibly Ermac. Death

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
WoundCowboy

Eye Sea Ewe changed the CSZ match-up two a 4-6/possible 5-5.

That's very agreeable and CSZ can do a lot of gimmicks in this MU but as the MU approaches the highest level it won't work as much ;_;

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Why do you have cyrax as 3-7?
Shang has very limited footsie options in this match. SS is super risky because Shang loses all trades and even if he doesn't get the net out, you risk getting stuck morphing with a bomb under your feet. It is really tough.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
5-5 vs Cyber Sub-Zero

..............? Other than that I like it
While I do agree that the divekicks are not as bad as I originally thought, the fact is that CSZ has an option to get out of pressure that 90% of the cast does not have, the parry. It is REALLY difficult to punish it, especially since Shang's low is still eaten up by the parry for some reason.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
While I do agree that the divekicks are not as bad as I originally thought, the fact is that CSZ has an option to get out of pressure that 90% of the cast does not have. It is REALLY difficult to punish it, especially since Shang's low is still eaten up by the parry for some reason.
I assume you're referring to parry?

zaf

professor
While I do agree that the divekicks are not as bad as I originally thought, the fact is that CSZ has an option to get out of pressure that 90% of the cast does not have. It is REALLY difficult to punish it, especially since Shang's low is still eaten up by the parry for some reason.
did you get in games with j360's csz?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I didnt know f3 <parry

interesting enough it beats Kenshi's low as well but not liu ang, kano, etc

CSZ pokes are ass so you could just d3 his ass after f4 gs. Bloced DKs get 35-45% punishes. Ice ball and ex ice ball is useless in mu. Teleport on reaction you could GS or wait and full combo it on other side. DK has zero priority in this game same goes for ex dive kick and a fart in the wind knocks it down such as a d3.

Up close when pressuring is CSZ's chance and he has to make it count. 332 interruptable w ex ss, 21+1+2 is as well and those are his two main pressure options. Slide is risky and again gets blown up. His aa outside of NJP and parry is below avg and even if he AAs u with standing 1 it leads to shit

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I assume you're referring to parry?
lol yes, my bad.

did you get in games with j360's csz?
Yes, I did well. He said that it was either 5-5 or 6-4 in Shang's favor. I guess the reason that my matchup numbers were not "real" before is because I was trying to give other people the benefit of the doubt. But now, I will not change my numbers until they are proven otherwise. I am REALLY close to changing Sub (normal) to 7-3 but you sub players can thank Cyus for keeping our matches competitive.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
lol yes, my bad.
In that case it's not necessarily a black and white advantage that CSZ has over the rest of the cast. If you make the read he is going parry you can always just do a gs without the f4. Its in shangs favour slightly because of the meter need for CSZ to convert off a successful parry,

It just adds another layer to the guessing game.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
i think 5-5 vs raiden and sindel is wishful thinking but everything else looks good
I played PL's Raiden s in casuals. He won a few more, but really it was because I was letting him get away with teleports. He didn't do anything that made me feel helpless or overwhelmed and he agrees that it is probably 5-5. I had the chance to play Mr. Mileena's Sindel (undoubtedly the best) in casuals and I did well. She is actually stuck in recovery from her fireballs for much longer than I had known, which leaves her open to air punishes. She is also pretty helpless up close.

I didnt know f3 <parry

interesting enough it beats Kenshi's low as well but not liu ang, kano, etc

CSZ pokes are ass so you could just d3 his ass after f4 gs. Bloced DKs get 35-45% punishes. Ice ball and ex ice ball is useless in mu. Teleport on reaction you could GS or wait and full combo it on other side. DK has zero priority in this game same goes for ex dive kick and a fart in the wind knocks it down such as a d3.

Up close when pressuring is CSZ's chance and he has to make it count. 332 interruptable w ex ss, 21+1+2 is as well and those are his two main pressure options. Slide is risky and again gets blown up. His aa outside of NJP and parry is below avg and even if he AAs u with standing 1 it leads to shit
You are probably right. I haven't played a CSZ that gives me trouble in quite awhile.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I played PL's Raiden s in casuals. He won a few more, but really it was because I was letting him get away with teleports. He didn't do anything that made me feel helpless or overwhelmed and he agrees that it is probably 5-5. I had the chance to play Mr. Mileena's Sindel (undoubtedly the best) in casuals and I did well. She is actually stuck in recovery from her fireballs for much longer than I had known, which leaves her open to air punishes. She is also pretty helpless up close.

You are probably right. I haven't played a CSZ that gives me trouble in quite awhile.
You're not a 2011 Shang player so don't downplay the shang csz MU

2011 it was called 8-2 /9-1 CSZ FavorIve been saying 4-6 since 2011 even when i dominated shangs w csz