What's new

My SG matchup chart

ClayW

Samourai
Why is your ego so entwined with the character that whenever someone suggests the character is easy as fuck to use, you immediately get defensive.
ITS THE TRUTH.
Why do you think so many scrubs play her?
Powerful yes, but also extremely accessible.
all she has to think about is what she wants to do next out of her plethora of options.
In 90% of her match ups she gets to play her game, giving little fucks about anything else.

Edit:
Call me bias, but when everytime I play online I have to play this terrible MU - which seems to be atleast 50% of the time, not to mention everyone pockets her - it's frustrating as fuck.
That if I wanna play my fav character I have to face this uphill battle constantly where I feel I'm working ten times harder than her, for the majority of the time..
- something isn't right...
I either have to suck it up and struggle or pick up a character I don't like just to compete ( wowo ) and both options are no fun.
SG is the sole reason I haven't played this game in two weeks. I'm fucking over her bullshit and I'm sick of people pretending she is fine.

Atleast if she had some sort of execution barrier I wouldn't face so many..
Or even ONE solid counter.
I believe I play Supergirl at a high level. Not the highest, I think there are a few better than mine. I think Supergirl, yes, is easy to use. I think she’s hard(er) to master. I cannot tell you how many times people with pocket supergirls try to mirror me and end up getting bodied. She is a great pocket character and a great main character, but she has 3 losing matchups. As for brainiac, I’m sorry that you won’t play the game because of her. I think the last thing I would want is people not playing the game. I understand you don’t want to switch characters, which I get. I don’t like picking up characters for the sole purpose of a character I have a hard time with. I don’t know what else to say. I believe that brainiac vs Supergirl is close to even but easier for Supergirl. Maybe it’s a 6-4. Regardless, the bigger issue at hand is your inability to overcome the hump that is my character, not my opinion on the matchup. I can only reiterate the advice I tried to give you before.

I hope you pick up the game again, even though this character gives you a lot of trouble

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Wow.So what is really hard to master playing Supergirl?Corner float loop combos(only 20 minutes in practice mode), not spamming trait lasers, having to use a brain instead of back walking into more turtling?What is even difficult when playing Supergirl?

ClayW

Samourai
Wow.So what is really hard to master playing Supergirl?Corner float loop combos(only 20 minutes in practice mode), not spamming trait lasers, having to use a brain instead of back walking into more turtling?What is even difficult when playing Supergirl?
Hey bud. Do me a favor. Go into the lab with Supergirl for 20 min and play me. We will see how hard she is to master

ClayW

Samourai
I have no intention of playing this character as a main.What you call difficult is just plain old muscle memory.
Nothing about her except 2 combos is execution heavy. But would you say there is a difference between 2 players, both who know all her combos, but one has played the character for six months and the other for two weeks?

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Nothing about her except 2 combos is execution heavy. But would you say there is a difference between 2 players, both who know all her combos, but one has played the character for six months and the other for two weeks?
That thing you speak of is experience playing a character, not a skill ceiling.

ClayW

Samourai
That thing you speak of is experience playing a character, not a skill ceiling.
I understand. A lot of people picked up Supergirl since the patch (pros/tournament regulars). Only a few have made them work. The others just make it through pools with her. A few have become really good with her despite only picking her up a month and a half ago (theo, deoxys). Yeah she’s really easy to pick up but I feel there is a strong difference between someone who spends time with the character vs someone who hasn’t.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
I understand. A lot of people picked up Supergirl since the patch (pros/tournament regulars). Only a few have made them work. The others just make it through pools with her. A few have become really good with her despite only picking her up a month and a half ago (theo, deoxys). Yeah she’s really easy to pick up but I feel there is a strong difference between someone who spends time with the character vs someone who hasn’t.
It’s usually all about being better used to your character’s tools that tips you over in mirror matches.Which is exactly why I wouldn’t bother to have another Batman mirror vs someone who who doesn’t have experience playing as Batman in my case.For Supergirl, there is only the intial learning curve and that’s it, only your experience with the character will make you play better with her thereafter.Her gameplay is simple, stupidly efficient and usually smothering for some characters.

I believe I play Supergirl at a high level. Not the highest, I think there are a few better than mine. I think Supergirl, yes, is easy to use. I think she’s hard(er) to master. I cannot tell you how many times people with pocket supergirls try to mirror me and end up getting bodied. She is a great pocket character and a great main character, but she has 3 losing matchups. As for brainiac, I’m sorry that you won’t play the game because of her. I think the last thing I would want is people not playing the game. I understand you don’t want to switch characters, which I get. I don’t like picking up characters for the sole purpose of a character I have a hard time with. I don’t know what else to say. I believe that brainiac vs Supergirl is close to even but easier for Supergirl. Maybe it’s a 6-4. Regardless, the bigger issue at hand is your inability to overcome the hump that is my character, not my opinion on the matchup. I can only reiterate the advice I tried to give you before.

I hope you pick up the game again, even though this character gives you a lot of trouble
You have the luxury of never needing to swap characters, so in turn, you
- Get lots of experience.
- Don't come across the same character all the time
{because apparently you can best them}
- but you also lack the insight Into the struggles everyone else faces, hence my previous statement of SG players living in a fantasy land or not playing the same game as the rest of us.

No offence, but she feels like she has training wheels on...

Because she always has options, her skill ceiling is limited. The lack of struggle enables her to be mastered relatively easily IMO.

If you believe that - despite brainiac being denied crutual parts of his game - it is still even..
Then the same could be said for your apparent 3 losing match ups.
Parts of your game are affected, but atleast you still have other options -
{ unlike brainiac }
your gaps can be punished, but you can make them safe.

As for my inability to overcome the character, it Is directly tied to the {over} strength of the character herself

Last edited:

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
- but you also lack the insight Into the struggles everyone else faces, hence my previous statement of SG players living in a fantasy land or not playing the same game as the rest of us.

No offence, but she feels like she has training wheels on... because she always options, her skill ceiling is limited.

If you believe that - despite brainiac being denied crutual parts of his game - it is still even..
{ unlike brainiac }
SG players do not want to admit that they live in their perfect match-up chart fantasy land where they get no counter picks...smh

Tweedy

Noob
Hey guys,

I understand the hate and I did make a mistake. Ivy is 6-4.

She loses to cw and wowo because of their full combo punishes on her gaps and jump ins.

Theo scar and yung agree.
No they don't. Theo says that Supergirl wins 6-4 maybe 7-3 vs Wowo and i'm pretty sure Yung changed his mind about Wowo winning after playing Theo the other day.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Yeah you’re right she can air laser and punish him midscreen by ducking.
I’d like your input on darkseids following MUs, I don’t know them.

Deadshot
Fate
Aquaman
Green Arrow
Deadshot is probably 6-4 deadshot or 5.5 in deadshots favor
Fate is 5-5 or slighlty in darkseids favor
Aquaman is 5-5 or slightly in darkseids favor
Arrow is 5 5

I really stating to hate this community. Seems like every has a ego and pride they need to defend because it could never be them. They pick bad characters so they can say well your character is better than mine and if I played a top tier. Well if your goals to win the play a top tier or your ego is getting in the way (Not saying all some). Same for down players you play a top tier embrace it support it you wanna win that's great but you not going to play a blatantly top character and say they are not. Why do you need to do that you don't but if you believe a character is worse then when you lose it soften the blow.(Not everyone).

I see alot of people shame others for their character but that ain't right. Supergirl has been my main since launch but I'd don't think it's fair for you to run me or others down based on what they like. You might like Batman, GA, BA, DS, I have no right to shame you for it.

There is 1 thing I hate is a multiplayer community is the idea of. You know what I think how much skill it takes to do something doesn't matter I the end how good the character is doesn't change. By a year or 2 into a game what was previously hard should be common knowledge. This idea of skill is well another way to protect ones ego. But guess what skill doesn't matter, developers know what they are doing the created some to be easier that others and that's how it's always ment to . Players hate on dragon for playing easy characters and say he sucks but does he really, does theo suck he plays easy character. No they don't because player skill matters more that skill for a character.

Please act better and get better as a players and stop complaining about everything. Thanks.

Ps: this has nothing to do with Supegirl. Cause I Know some of you will say that's it's about everything character and every player.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
- but you also lack the insight Into the struggles everyone else faces, hence my previous statement of SG players living in a fantasy land or not playing the same game as the rest of us
Dude.

Some of us have been playing this character since launch, when she had losing MUs against half the cast. Don't come in here and tell people they can't relate to having to play 5-5's or 4-6's.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I really wish that we could have a good general discussion without people getting personal (over a fucking video game for crying out loud; no money is on the line here in forums), or just salty players coming in posting an obvious butt hurt/hate post about a character that they generally dislike fighting.

Last edited:

ClayW

Samourai
Hey bud. Do me a favor. Go into the lab with Supergirl for 20 min and play me. We will see how hard she is to m
Man this is GM Sub levels of hatred.

No offence, but she feels like she has training wheels on...

Because she always has options, her skill ceiling is limited. The lack of struggle enables her to be mastered relatively easily IMO.

{ unlike brainiac }

As for my inability to overcome the character, it Is directly tied to the {over} strength of the character herself
If you play a supergirl and scar/pl bodies that supergirl with the same character what does it mean

ClayW

Samourai
No they don't. Theo says that Supergirl wins 6-4 maybe 7-3 vs Wowo and i'm pretty sure Yung changed his mind about Wowo winning after playing Theo the other day.
I misquoted. I should have respectively.

Theo with catwoman
Yung with Wonder Woman

I didn’t know he changed his mind

Nobus3r1

House of Bane; ID: 8V596
I really wish that we could have a good general discussion without people getting personal (over a fucking video for crying out loud; no money is on the line here in forums), or just salty players coming in posting an obvious butt hurt/hate post about a character that they generally dislike fighting.
To quote Supergirl: Gross, not happening. Specifically I don't see this happening because with their approach to balance in their modern titles NRS has fostered an environment where, for better or worse, the community as a whole has a tremendous amount of influence on balance changes made to the game. That influence manifests as the squeaky wheel getting the grease; i.e. the character(s) most vocally complained about as either being too good or too shit get the most nerfs and buffs respectively. This basically then creates the need to downplay like crazy as even if your character isn't too good if too many people complain about them they're going to get nerfed anyway. Early returns on Injustice 2 would suggest that NRS is getting better about not doing this but it will probably take a few games of this newfound measured approach for the community to let its guard down. It's certainly interesting to observe. It's also, I imagine, one of the contributing factors to NRS games having shorter competitive lifespans than other fighting games as no one likes to invest a lot of time into something only to have the rug yanked out from under them which means fewer people willing to commit to the game.

Also “no insight into struggles.” Supergirl had 7-3s pre patch
I wouldn't go that far but yeah pre patch she had some losing match ups. But one thing I'd like to see is no community ask for buffs to their character no matter how bad they are because that gets you out the struggle so don't ask you horrid person

ClayW

Samourai
I
I wouldn't go that far but yeah pre patch she had some losing match ups. But one thing I'd like to see is no community ask for buffs to their character no matter how bad they are because that gets you out the struggle so don't ask you horrid person
I would go that far. Let’s say you’re playing catwoman.

Full combo punish on

D1 breath
B12 breath
B123
Crossups

Supergirl literally cannot attack