What's new

My SG matchup chart

Espio

Kokomo
I wouldn't lump supergirl players together since this is the first time I've seen a MU chart with her losing.

Also, this MU has gone both ways in tournament and King seems to do fine vs. Supergirl players now that he knows the MU.

P.S. @Espio still waiting for them games.. Beat the last guy that was supposed to show me why BB was fierce :p
Why are you saying that when I messaged you one day while you were on with an invite? Stop lol. Also UNLESS it's Atai or someone good, Good bye lol. I'm not chasing folks down to prove a point.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Why are you saying that when I messaged you one day while you were on with an invite? Stop lol. Also UNLESS it's Atai or someone good, Good bye lol. I'm not chasing folks down to prove a point.
I'm saying I want to play you still -- let me know when you're around :p

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Jokerman1427
EU or US? I know IJ2 is not region locked but I just to know in advance so we might not have any surprises of bad connection. BTW, My gamer tag is RoyArkon46.

Edit: Ok never mind, I've sent you a friend request.

Last edited:

Vex

Noob
The mu against blue beetle is most certainly not 7-3. Of course, beetle can't zone out supergirl, but with trait he has many options.

He can now compete with footsies with his crazy ranged normals F2, D1, S1.
He has a 6 frame D2 that can be used very reliably to beat out Supergirl's D1 breath or challenge Supergirl's various frame traps
He can bully her on knockdown with setups that will connect if not blocked properly, but whiff upon her wakeup and STILL punish her

I'd say 6-4 or 5-5. This is definitely a doable mu for beetle

ClayW

Samourai
The mu against blue beetle is most certainly not 7-3. Of course, beetle can't zone out supergirl, but with trait he has many options.

He can now compete with footsies with his crazy ranged normals F2, D1, S1.
He has a 6 frame D2 that can be used very reliably to beat out Supergirl's D1 breath or challenge Supergirl's various frame traps
He can bully her on knockdown with setups that will connect if not blocked properly, but whiff upon her wakeup and STILL punish her

I'd say 6-4 or 5-5. This is definitely a doable mu for beetle
Very much so. 7-3 is a stretch and I didn’t know about his 6f down 2? But I feel like her air lasers and footsie tools are too good for him

Vex

Noob
Very much so. 7-3 is a stretch and I didn’t know about his 6f down 2? But I feel like her air lasers and footsie tools are too good for him
Lasers are good, but not enough to keep out a patient player. Once beetle gets in, I really do believe trait changes the whole footsie game. I'll be happy to play some games with you over the weekend to prove it.

PSN: MYZTERY_-VEX or Vex_Chan

It’s not my fault you are itchy to get in the air. I played scar and PL multiple times and ik the matchup
It's got nothing to do with fault... nice attempt at projection...

My point is that she denies a huge aspect of his game, which is why I don't agree that it is 5-5, coupled with my other point which you conveniently overlooked.

What do PL and scar have the mu as?

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
PL is actually good with Brainiac. Idk about Scar. He probably mentioned them so that you can either see how they played with him against her or to ask them how they felt.

kcd117

Noob
care to actually provide some points for this?
I'm reallllly curious, because to me it seems like his hardest mu.
I play this matchup a lot, it is either 5-5 or 6-4 brainiac. Her neutral is great and she has some hella dirty mixups but once brainiac gets a knockdown it is party time. He controls the air, and if you make good use of his trait you can make her respect your approach from air and ground. Idrk how to explain that matchup, but it just feels like doesn't matter the position I am on screen I'm always in control of the match as brainiac. She has to be extremely careful getting in once I have the lifelead bc 1 divekick means 40% health, and she can't really keep me out. That's just how I feel about the matchup tho, but I have a "lame" brainiac playstyle.

ClayW

Samourai
It's got nothing to do with fault... nice attempt at projection...

My point is that she denies a huge aspect of his game, which is why I don't agree that it is 5-5, coupled with my other point which you conveniently overlooked.

What do PL and scar have the mu as?
Not trying to project I have nothing against you. Pl and scar I do not know and I won’t speak for them. As opposed to shutting down options? I think his d1 gets through her gaps fine. A lot of brainiacs like to do s3 drone or b21 drone but don’t finish their strings to make it safe. 5-5? Maybe not? 6-4? Maybe so.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
On a side note, I agree with the Starfire number but disagree with the Fate number; should be 6-4 in SG favor

Her lasers just bully him since they punish ankh calls and orbs on reaction; trades are in her favor too. Her floating also just lets her avoid his zoning and her walk speed makes it so Fate can not F2 unless she is point blank without possibly getting whiffed punished. Even if she blocks a glyph, Fate has to hold the b12(3) string or he'll eat a combo.

Also, unless Fate manages to stay in trait and have at least one ankh, you take like nothing for a punish. Even with a bar and no ankh, its not even 30%

ClayW

Samourai
On a side note, I agree with the Starfire number but disagree with the Fate number; should be 6-4 in SG favor

Her lasers just bully him since they punish ankh calls and orbs on reaction; trades are in her favor too. Her floating also just lets her avoid his zoning and her walk speed makes it so Fate can not F2 unless she is point blank without possibly getting whiffed punished. Even if she blocks a glyph, Fate has to hold the b12(3) string or he'll eat a combo.

Also, unless Fate manages to stay in trait and have at least one ankh, you take like nothing for a punish. Even with a bar and no ankh, its not even 30%
You right. But I think Fate can get some decent chip when he hits her on the way down from air laser. And he can interrupt her gap, albeit not with much damage. Good points

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
You right. But I think Fate can get some decent chip when he hits her on the way down from air laser. And he can interrupt her gap, albeit not with much damage. Good points
As nice as that sounds that puts Fate in a situation where he has to respect her immediately after she blocks a projectile due to teleport threat and lasers. Honestly getting Fate off a meter for chip damage is what the supergirl player wants.

ClayW

Samourai
As nice as that sounds that puts Fate in a situation where he has to respect her immediately after she blocks a projectile due to teleport threat and lasers. Honestly getting Fate off a meter for chip damage is what the supergirl player wants.
I think that while she does beat Fate, for some reason I think Fate does better than deadshot against her. Which is odd, considering that deadshot is a better zoner. P2W made a good point that deadshot leaves no room for creativity, while Fate does, which lends me to believe that against SG he does a little better comparatively