What's new

My SG matchup chart

I play this matchup a lot, it is either 5-5 or 6-4 brainiac. Her neutral is great and she has some hella dirty mixups but once brainiac gets a knockdown it is party time. He controls the air, and if you make good use of his trait you can make her respect your approach from air and ground. Idrk how to explain that matchup, but it just feels like doesn't matter the position I am on screen I'm always in control of the match as brainiac. She has to be extremely careful getting in once I have the lifelead bc 1 divekick means 40% health, and she can't really keep me out. That's just how I feel about the matchup tho, but I have a "lame" brainiac playstyle.
Well fuck, I feel like I'm playing a completely different game then..
I feel like my air approach it's virtually nullified by her trait, mobility and AA.
And my trait usage outside upclose pressure feels pointless as one laser fucks it up.

I agree that a knockdown is essential for brainiac to gain momentum and stay on top of her.

But if she gets a life lead, I feel doomed.

And as I've mentioned before, it feels as if she sits at 3/4 and just plays a reactionary game, baiting and responding to my relatively slow movements.

I feel like I have no control and she dictates the pace of the match.

I reallly really really hate this MU.
Would love to know some solid options coz I feel like I've tried everything.

ClayW

Samourai
Well fuck, I feel like I'm playing a completely different game then..
I feel like my air approach it's virtually nullified by her trait, mobility and AA.
And my trait usage outside upclose pressure feels pointless as one laser fucks it up.

I agree that a knockdown is essential for brainiac to gain momentum and stay on top of her.

But if she gets a life lead, I feel doomed.

And as I've mentioned before, it feels as if she sits at 3/4 and just plays a reactionary game, baiting and responding to my relatively slow movements.

I feel like I have no control and she dictates the pace of the match.

I reallly really really hate this MU.
Would love to know some solid options coz I feel like I've tried everything.
When I played PL and scar their options were to completely through patience out the window and just rush in. Scar does this thing where he does instant air divekick when he has meter, and when I already realized that he’s not going to meterburn it, then he’s safe. As soon as you put SG into knockdown I would send out a beta bomb or 1-2 drones and just rush in. One thing I’ve seen is bf3 meterburn as a meaty or after she does laser midscreen. Ultimately brainiac is not the best option but I think if you’re commited you should wait for her to expend trait and just rush in. D1 d1 d1 d1 instant dive kick type shit

ClayW

Samourai
As nice as that sounds that puts Fate in a situation where he has to respect her immediately after she blocks a projectile due to teleport threat and lasers. Honestly getting Fate off a meter for chip damage is what the supergirl player wants.
I am actually really interested in Fate I think he’s a good character but I cant find anyone to teach me. Watching unrealistic yt vids on combos doesn’t tell me with his game plan or bnbs.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I am actually really interested in Fate I think he’s a good character but I cant find anyone to teach me. Watching unrealistic yt vids on combos doesn’t tell me with his game plan or bnbs.
I consider him just outside of top 15. He only loses to Supergirl, Superman, Catwoman, and he gets murdered by deadshot. The problem is Fate's main foostie tool is f2 and if you commit to if you're unsafe. Meanwhile supergirl, Superman, have these two hitting advancing mids that are hitconfirmable. It takes time getting used to his tools but he's extremely rewarding once you know them.

ClayW

Samourai
I consider him just outside of top 15. He only loses to Supergirl, Superman, Catwoman, and he gets murdered by deadshot. The problem is Fate's main foostie tool is f2 and if you commit to if you're unsafe. Meanwhile supergirl, Superman, have these two hitting advancing mids that are hitconfirmable. It takes time getting used to his tools but he's extremely rewarding once you know them.
I have problems with Wonder Woman does fate do well against her?

JontyHar23

Never Stop Improving
I can't speak for any other match-up, but I respectfully disagree about Batman beating Supergirl 6-4. I'd consider that match-up to be closer to 5-5, personally. Batman has to play patiently to get in, and one laser takes his trait away while knocking him back. However, he can begin his pressure once up close. Both characters have great and I feel the match is mostly about if Supergirl can keep Batman out or if Batman can stay in.

ClayW

Samourai
She beats darkseid 6-4 lol, she easily gets rid of trait, hard to mix her bc of her movement and lasers, she has better neutral, can anti air him consistently, she also doesnt lose the zoning war.
Doesn’t lose the zoning war? Interesting. Other things I’d have to agree they are valid points

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Hey guys,

I understand the hate and I did make a mistake. Ivy is 6-4.

She loses to cw and wowo because of their full combo punishes on her gaps and jump ins.

Theo scar and yung agree.
so she loses fo Flash too? Because I imagine he can AA her and get huge punishes on gaps too, and what about Robin?

Doesn't Supergirl have a safe way to make people respect her? I don't think that having good punishes against her is as relevant now that she has safe ways to make people respect her. And if someone can AA you just don't jump in, especially since you are not the one who has to get in and Supergirl can also AA Catwoman and WW well (you know, the charactrs who have to get in on her)

Wonder Woman definitely can't lame Supergirl out, it's the other way around. Wonder Woman's shields get punished by lasers and she even gets hit out of it a lot because of how fast lasers are.
Is your only argument gonna be "X player agrees"?

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
What makes you say the Cyborg matchup is 5-5?
Just stay fullsc

so she loses fo Flash too? Because I imagine he can AA her and get huge punishes on gaps too, and what about Robin?

Doesn't Supergirl have a safe way to make people respect her? I don't think that having good punishes against her is as relevant now that she has safe ways to make people respect her. And if someone can AA you just don't jump in, especially since you are not the one who has to get in and Supergirl can also AA Catwoman and WW well (you know, the charactrs who have to get in on her)

Wonder Woman definitely can't lame Supergirl out, it's the other way around. Wonder Woman's shields get punished by lasers and she even gets hit out of it a lot because of how fast lasers are.
They don’t their projectile superiority contested by anything else I guess.

ClayW

Samourai

No if my only argument was “x player agrees” then I wouldn’t have posted it. Wonder Woman can air shield and can get in very fast with ex bash. The full combo punishes are too heavy to ignore considering if I do b12 breath or d1 breath or I’m eating 40%. Supergirl has to recharge her lasers and Wonder Woman can air shield her MB laser every time. SG d2 is not nearly as consistent considering catwoman has a jump in from half screen and WoWo has a j3. I play those characters too

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
No if my only argument was “x player agrees” then I wouldn’t have posted it. Wonder Woman can air shield and can get in very fast with ex bash. The full combo punishes are too heavy to ignore considering if I do b12 breath or d1 breath or I’m eating 40%. Supergirl has to recharge her lasers and Wonder Woman can air shield her MB laser every time. SG d2 is not nearly as consistent considering catwoman has a jump in from half screen and WoWo has a j3. I play those characters too
But it's read based, if the other player is making the better reads then that's on you, you could be the one getting the full combos if you made the good reads. It's not like pre-patch where Supergirl had to commit to all risks.
Only instant air shield toss is safe-ish (not sure if SG can punish it tho and I can't check rn but I can see that happening) and it's just as risky because she can get hit out of it, non instant air shield gets punished each time for sure.
Good Supergirls will barely run out of laser meter and even then it comes back really quick, it's not like having to play honest neutral is hard as Supergirl either.
Supergirl can definitely AA them well, just stay at the right distances or try to a2a, Supergirl's J1 is good for that

ClayW

Samourai
But it's read based, if the other player is making the better reads then that's on you, you could be the one getting the full combos if you made the good reads. It's not like pre-patch where Supergirl had to commit to all risks.
Only instant air shield toss is safe-ish (not sure if SG can punish it tho and I can't check rn but I can see that happening) and it's just as risky because she can get hit out of it, non instant air shield gets punished each time for sure.
Good Supergirls will barely run out of laser meter and even then it comes back really quick, it's not like having to play honest neutral is hard as Supergirl either.
Supergirl can definitely AA them well, just stay at the right distances or try to a2a, Supergirl's J1 is good for that
No matter how many reads you make or how good of a player you are, you are still going to do d1 breath or b12 breath on block. All the best ones do.

I fucking said that Supergirl is top 5 maybe number 3 or 4 and she loses 3 matchups how in the actual hell is that downplay
Because she doesn't lose those three match ups! She just has to actually try and think for once.
And you calling Ivy, brainiac and grodd even is ludicrous.

ClayW

Samourai
Because she doesn't lose those three match ups! She just has to actually try and think for once.
And you calling Ivy, brainiac and grodd even is ludicrous.
To say that I don’t think while playing this character isn’t cool. I bodied kids with an absolutely atrocious pre patch Supergirl and suddenly she’s buffed, I go autopilot? Doesn’t work like that. I think she loses those match ups, but its not unplayable. That’s why it’s only 6-4. I have to think in any other matchup, but those characters just have a few extra options. I tried to help you with brainiac but you just want to insult me? Fine, fuck you too. Amazing how stating your opinion has such consequence. I get labeled by people who have NEVER SEEN ME PLAY.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
No matter how many reads you make or how good of a player you are, you are still going to do d1 breath or b12 breath on block. All the best ones do.
... what?
Yeah, of course! But only the BEST players know how to condition their opponents and use all their options to counter their oponent's which ends up in mindgames, you act like Supergirl can't bait a punish and get a full combo herself.

To say that I don’t think while playing this character isn’t cool. I bodied kids with an absolutely atrocious pre patch Supergirl and suddenly she’s buffed, I go autopilot? Doesn’t work like that. I think she loses those match ups, but its not unplayable. That’s why it’s only 6-4. I have to think in any other matchup, but those characters just have a few extra options. I tried to help you with brainiac but you just want to insult me? Fine, fuck you too. Amazing how stating your opinion has such consequence. I get labeled by people who have NEVER SEEN ME PLAY.
Why is your ego so entwined with the character that whenever someone suggests the character is easy as fuck to use, you immediately get defensive.
ITS THE TRUTH.
Why do you think so many scrubs play her?
Powerful yes, but also extremely accessible.
all she has to think about is what she wants to do next out of her plethora of options.
In 90% of her match ups she gets to play her game, giving little fucks about anything else.

Edit:
Call me bias, but when everytime I play online I have to play this terrible MU - which seems to be atleast 50% of the time, not to mention everyone pockets her - it's frustrating as fuck.
That if I wanna play my fav character I have to face this uphill battle constantly where I feel I'm working ten times harder than her, for the majority of the time..
- something isn't right...
I either have to suck it up and struggle or pick up a character I don't like just to compete ( wowo ) and both options are no fun.
SG is the sole reason I haven't played this game in two weeks. I'm fucking over her bullshit and I'm sick of people pretending she is fine.

Atleast if she had some sort of execution barrier I wouldn't face so many..
Or even ONE solid counter.

Last edited:

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Doesn’t lose the zoning war? Interesting. Other things I’d have to agree they are valid points
Obviously the trades arent in supergirls favor, but her recovery more than makes up for it, she will hit u more with lasers than the other way around.

ClayW

Samourai
Obviously the trades arent in supergirls favor, but her recovery more than makes up for it, she will hit u more with lasers than the other way around.
Yeah you’re right she can air laser and punish him midscreen by ducking.
I’d like your input on darkseids following MUs, I don’t know them.

Deadshot
Fate
Aquaman
Green Arrow