What's new

My SG matchup chart

xMEECH

Dyslexic
I think not considering her projectiles do approx 50 dmg his projectiles are mids and do 90 dmg and have no recharge. Not counting his trait.
His projectiles aren’t very plus on hit, hers cause a knockdown. She wins any trade. Besides, if you’re supergirl and you’re trying to zone cyborg, you’re not playing the matchup right. You can react to any air shot and punish it with a tele. And up close supergirls stupid d1 breath shenanigans stop cyborg from trying to do anything.
She beats him 6-4, not because she outzones him, but because he can’t keep her out and she beats him up close.

ClayW

Samourai
Then why do you even have SG losing a match-up? What specific tool does she lack or get bodied against?
Catwomans standing one and Wonder Woman’s d12. Batman because of his shenanigans.

People really get mad when I say something is a 6-4 but I think it’s completely possible for Supergirl to win in those matchups. Their tools don’t completely shut down her game. Supergirl is still top 5

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Catwomans standing one and Wonder Woman’s d12. Batman because of his shenanigans.

People really get mad when I say something is a 6-4 but I think it’s completely possible for Supergirl to win in those matchups. Their tools don’t completely shut down her game. Supergirl is still top 5
Nobody is mad, just confused.

D12, has no range and you can walk back all day in this match-up, instant air dash in on reaction to a whiffed button and just do 112 and hit confirm into breath or use the plus frames however you please then back off. Avoid using d1 breath and b12 breath unless its a punish or hitconfirm. Make use of your meter with b2-throw as its pretty much free damage (WW will be focused on d12 the gap), try not to get too predictable.

The match-up is only hard for super-girl when she is cornered, but again wonder-woman has no mix unless she is point blank. The trick here when cornered is block high and air-air with jp1 when she tries to get in closer. Bear in mind once wonderwoman has nearly any character in the game cornered its very hard, at least SG has a 7 frame D2, an excellent air-2-air, teleport and excellent range ground normal to contest the space.

I'm not saying SG wins the match-up, its most likely dead even. What you need to understand is saying "she loses" is a slap in the face to characters who really do suffer and have no options in a lot of situations but they make it work.

Last edited:

ClayW

Samourai

D12, has no range and you can walk back all day in this match-up, instant air dash in on reaction to a whiffed button and just do 112 and hit confirm into breath or use the plus frames however you please then back off. Avoid using d1 breath and b12 breath unless its a punish or hitconfirm. Make use of your meter with b2-throw as its pretty much free damage (WW will be focused on d12 the gap), try not to get too predictable.

The match-up is only hard for super-girl when she is cornered, but again wonder-woman has no mix unless she is point blank. The trick here when cornered is block high and air-air with jp1 when she tries to get in closer. Bear in mind once wonderwoman has nearly any character in the game cornered its very hard, at least SG has a 7 frame D2, an excellent air-2-air, teleport and excellent range ground normal to contest the space.

I'm not saying SG wins the match-up, its most likely dead even. What you need to understand is saying "she loses" is a slap in the face to characters who really do suffer and have no options in a lot of situations but they make it work.
There is a 5 frame window to do a 6f poke after her air dash. Her b12 breath and d1 breath are full combo punishable by wowo d12. Her crossups can be tripguarded by any character and full combo punished.

ClayW

Samourai

I appreciate that you’re not mad but some people genuinely are and feel it’s ok to attack supergirls players and label them

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I think not considering her projectiles do approx 50 dmg his projectiles are mids and do 90 dmg and have no recharge. Not counting his trait.
She does beat him, bro. The problem with Cyborg is that he can't keep her out for long. Her mobility is enough to quickly dash forward. and all she needs is one laser shot & she gets a free dash in.

B1 & F2 covers a lot of distance enough to whiff punish him before he shoots another. It's almost better for him to try & oppress her with offense than to try & outzone her. He's safer too. Plus he does have to worry about teleport. He has a move that attacks from the air (can't think of off the top of my head), but he uses it to get in on a lot of characters.

That's one of his ways to knock her out of the air, but since she can also float, backlash, & teleport in the air, it's a tall order for him to do. Even with his air fireballs, it's hard for him to do.

The fact that Deadshot' projectiles travel faster is huge reason that her fight with him is even. Wonderwoman also, granted some feel this is 6-4 in Supergirl's favor. Same can be said about Blue Beetle. Cyborg is a different story. He doesn't have that luxury.

Point is that he has more to worry about

Edit: if my wording seems off it's because I'm using my phone to type. My apologies

Last edited:
Dude.

Some of us have been playing this character since launch, when she had losing MUs against half the cast. Don't come in here and tell people they can't relate to having to play 5-5's or 4-6's.
And yet how quickly ye seem to forget.
how long did you have to 'struggle' ?
Not bloody long because she was buffed pretty quickly because of complainers like yourself.
You guys whined in unison till you got what you want and now you turn around and essentially tell everyone else to suck it up.

ALSO, let's not forget that this was when black Adam and aquaman were running rampant, so they skewed a lot of match ups.
They got nerfed and she got buffed and took their place.
The matchups she struggled in were fixed, but by side effect the matchs ups that were even, were skewed.
Let that sink in.

Oh and just because you take it personally doesn't mean it doesn't apply to the bandwagoners.
So yeh, I will say it,

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
And yet how quickly ye seem to forget.
how long did you have to 'struggle' ?
Not bloody long because she was buffed pretty quickly because of complainers like yourself.
You guys whined in unison till you got what you want and now you turn around and essentially tell everyone else to suck it up.

ALSO, let's not forget that this was when black Adam and aquaman were running rampant, so they skewed a lot of match ups.
They got nerfed and she got buffed and took their place.
The matchups she struggled in were fixed, but by side effect the matchs ups that were even, were skewed.
Let that sink in.

Oh and just because you take it personally doesn't mean it doesn't apply to the bandwagoners.
So yeh, I will say it,
You've only been here since August 5..

You've only been here since August 5..
Cool, so don't address anything I said
Just sit on the fence as usual.

This is my second account.
I've been here since mk9 days
Don't see why that's relevant.
Oh, yes I do.
You have nothing to counter with.
So, instead of acknowledging facts
{ or your own bias } you look for another angle.
Bravo.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Cool, so don't address anything I said
Just sit on the fence as usual.

This is my second account.
I've been here since mk9 days
Don't see why that's relevant.
Oh, yes I do.
You have nothing to counter with.
So, instead of acknowledging facts
{ or your own bias } you look for another angle.
Bravo.
If you actually think Supergirl was great pre-patch, it's not even worth spending the time to argue with you.

But you've just done us another favor, so thanks :D

Everybody saying that “Supergirl players just autopilot” and “we don’t try” or we downplay and undermine the character. No. She’s top 5 maybe number 3 or 4. Stop attacking me as a player.
Hmmm. Where does this Supergirl uber hate came from? I'm new to playing it (as new as only played it in the pc beta) but i followed the competitive more and i haven't seen her rampage anyone. Not since the beta at the start of the game. So what is this?

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Hmmm. Where does this Supergirl uber hate came from? I'm new to playing it (as new as only played it in the pc beta) but i followed the competitive more and i haven't seen her rampage anyone. Not since the beta at the start of the game. So what is this?
The hate comes from the fact that she was already a good character that really didn't need any buffs, but the Supergirl community downplayed her and she got overbuffed. Hate also comes from her getting buffed before characters that were worse than her and needed more help than she did (Swamp Thing, Joker, etc).

The hate comes from the fact that she was already a good character that really didn't need any buffs, but the Supergirl community downplayed her and she got overbuffed. Hate also comes from her getting buffed before characters that were worse than her and needed more help than she did (Swamp Thing, Joker, etc).
That sounds a bit like whining and jealousy, to be honest.

Goatlegs

Noob
The hate comes from the fact that she was already a good character that really didn't need any buffs
Wrong. Safe b123 NEEDED to happen. She had almost no way to initiate offense without being punished before. B1 is -9, b12 is -11, and b123 was -9, all easily punishable by every character. b12 breathe can be interrupted and punished by 6f normals and breathe is highly punishable despite it the fact she can choose to hold it or not. F2, her other long reaching normal, is -9 and not hit confirmable. D1 has always been great, but she's not gonna win a major with just dash up d1. Lasers are always great but are still tied to a resource.

Does she need +frames on breathe? Long reaching d1? Ridiculous chip on walking laser? The damage buff she received? Hell no. I do agree she's pretty ridiculous right now and needs to be toned down in many areas, but please understand safe b123 needed to happen.