What's new

Discussion MY MKXL PATCH LIST FOR KP3 (Post Yours)

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Give Smoke unlimited meter, full armor on all specials and a bigger life bar. I'd also like a 4 frame start up on every one of his attacks but I don't want to sound too nitpicky.

I don't know if I came across wrong, but I completely agree with her losing the stun when getting hit. I was more asking why only stun nades and not some of those other examples, too.

Puddle catches players constantly while they punch D'vorah in the face and she combos and goes right back to auto piloting. Same with Drones. Etc.
Compared to drone and frag, it's the the damage output makes all the difference. If you get hit by the first stun genade it's almost a full combo whereas drone and frag are mainly used as footsies/ set up tools and deal less damage overall. Compared to puddle, the start up frames makes all the difference. Up close puddle is not an ideal tool to abuse for pressure for the reasons I stated. From mid screen it can be full combo punished on a read. Once you get to know the mu you'll understand why it's overrated.

I was justifying my reasoning to why I agree because despite the suggested nerfs in my opinion the stun grenades still serve their purpose

In my opinion she was never as braindead as this fucking waste of slot character
And I didnt say she needs to be like before. but she deserves buffs
In all honesty, I do agree with what you are saying. I think she needs buffs but not Kobo. Focus on Dragon and Pyromancer (like actually give Pyromancer some unique combos that utilizes those variation specific moves better.)

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
you get punished for using f41 only if you abuse it, as far as my experience goes at least. also I don't thinkk you should ask for buffs so that your character can compete with the top tiers, the tops are those that should probably receive nerfs.

in my opinionn reptile is in an almost perfectly balanced spot at the moment. he could use some slight nerfs in deceptive and nimble and maybe that b2, but besides that reptile's perfect.
You're right ideed

I didnt ask for buffs tho, i dont think he needs something other than some quality of life changes. .

I Just listed some buffs that would make him better and make a jump in the tier list

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
In all honesty, I do agree with what you are saying. I think she needs buffs but not Kobo. Focus on Dragon and Pyromancer (like actually give Pyromancer some unique combos that utilizes those variation specific moves better.)
Necromancer mains. I thought they were extinct :DOGE

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Lol. I thought they were too, until I took a arrow to the bone.....shaper.

:DOGE.

But seriously though, I'm the only Necro player on this site :eek:
I know how you feel... Kind of.
I actually play Lasher now.
Though @Vman plays Lasher so I feel better :D

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
When did I say that? That wasn't me and has NEVER been me. If anything I said Jacqui was mid tier at best but had glaring difficulties that suppressed her from reaching her true potential. I remember saying Kitana was crap because at that time, she was crap. And honestly, she still is with the most recent patch. You can't tell me she wasn't affected by the breaker change, other characters having something similar to her and excelling in areas where she lacked in (defense, rushdown (outside of assassin perhaps)). I still to this day stand by those comments and if those measure "validity", fine. But don't act like your shit don't stink either because you've said some questionable things on this site as well that was plain ludicrous.
You just need to stop playing the game completely

You just need to stop playing the game completely
What the heck do you want now? Go read the other posts regarding Kitana I made here. Though with that, I still think she's not that good (regardless if she worked for me or not)>

It was widely known that Kitana was bad then and with the current meta, there are way more characters in this game that can do what she does for free and they can get away with a lot more bull than she can now. Admit it, your golden girl isn't as stable as she was once thought to be. I still stand by the notion she's low-mid tier at best and low tier at worst.

I know how you feel... Kind of.
I actually play Lasher now.
Though Vman plays Lasher so I feel better :D
If REO gets his hands on Lasher, you could be seeing him write up a few good nerfs for him. Like having hurtboxes on his whips... yikes!

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
What the heck do you want now? Go read the other posts regarding Kitana I made here. Though with that, I still think she's not that good (regardless if she worked for me or not)>

It was widely known that Kitana was bad then and with the current meta, there are way more characters in this game that can do what she does for free and they can get away with a lot more bull than she can now. Admit it, your golden girl isn't as stable as she was once thought to be. I still stand by the notion she's low-mid tier at best and low tier at worst.
We all knew Kitana was bad back then. VERY bad. I was very vocal about that and no one is denying that (if someone is, then they are complete idiots). But she was given MULTIPLE buffs. She is in no way a bad character. She is in no way bottom 10.

Just because she "doesn't play MKX", doesnt mean she's a bad character. She legit has her own meta and it works in this game. She doesn't need to be like everyone else with the 50/50s and the restands and vortex and such. She's just fine without them. She's still a good zoner and and good rusher, still does great damage, no one bodies her, builds meter quick, I can go on and on.

I'm convinced the people who know what she's about are the ones who agree she isn't bottom 10 and the ones who don't know anything are the ones saying she's bottom 10

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
If REO gets his hands on Lasher, you could be seeing him write up a few good nerfs for him. Like having hurtboxes on his whips... yikes!
39% midscreen 1 bar yummy!
I probably didn't create it, but it wasn't on the TYM combo thread

We all knew Kitana was bad back then. VERY bad. I was very vocal about that and no one is denying that (if someone is, then they are complete idiots). But she was given MULTIPLE buffs. She is in no way a bad character. She is in no way bottom 10.

Just because she "doesn't play MKX", doesnt mean she's a bad character. She legit has her own meta and it works in this game. She doesn't need to be like everyone else with the 50/50s and the restands and vortex and such. She's just fine without them. She's still a good zoner and and good rusher, still does great damage, no one bodies her, builds meter quick, I can go on and on.

I'm convinced the people who know what she's about are the ones who agree she isn't bottom 10 and the ones who don't know anything are the ones saying she's bottom 10
Reptile, Necromancer Shinnok and Jason all received multiple buffs yet, are they top 10? Here's the thing Necromancer Shinnok has his own meta too but it doesn't work in this game. He can zone, but he gets out zoned pretty freaking easily. He does mediocre damage, he can build meter as well quite fast. He's also got a good keep away game but he stills loses out in this meta. The "meta" he plays, suffers when you have characters like Takeda, Johnny Cage, Cassie, Erron Black pressuring you down and all you have is moves that can't even track correctly.

Kitana can easily get zoned out (Quan Chi, HQT Predator, Acidic Alien, SD Johnny, Hollywood Cassie). She can get pressured quite easily (War God Kotal, Piercing Mileena, Acidic/Tarkatan Alien, Ronin Takeda) and when approached by rush down, she has one move that can stop that but other than that, her wake up game isn't the strongest. Yes she has her own meta but the current meta that has Acidic Alien, Piercing Mileena, Ronin/SRU Takeda, A-list/SD Cage, Cutthroat Kano, is more than enough to argue that she suffers from a lot of things in this meta.

We've all seen what she can do when a good player uses her (SonicFox) but outside of big damage and zoning, she only has one big meal ticket and once people navigate that strength, weaknesses are open and are easily manipulatable.

NHDR

Noob
I don't personally agree with the CT Kano changes. Nuking DB1 and his safe overhead is basically completely changing the character. Given that he's the rushdown version of Kano, why not:

1. Nerf his overhead air ball back to not being an OH; and
2. Make his DF2 projectile worse, its not like he's a zoner at heart.

He's really strong now, sure. But he plays the way CT Kano should play.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Shinnok (Necromancer):
-the flick should be -6 block and have a slightly faster start up
-ex summon fiend should be able to be used twice in a combo

m.o.s raiden:
-should add df4f to place the spark behind the opponent
-when the two orbs are linked they chains mid

ancestral kung jin:

-slightly increased damage and chip damage on all arrows (including regular ones)
-Low shot low profiles

commando kano:
-slightly less damage scaling on b13 1+3ex
-f33-choke connects on hit consistently

brood mother dvorah:
-fix the hit stun on ex bug blast so it's easier to combo off of after b3 or f22 or less damage scaling after double ex bug blast

high tech jacqui:
-when using df2 to cancel out a projectile you gain extra meter

Shinnok (Necromancer):
-the flick should be -6 block and have a slightly faster start up
-ex summon fiend should be able to be used twice in a combo

m.o.s raiden:
-should add df4f to place the spark behind the opponent
-when the two orbs are linked they chains mid

ancestral kung jin:

-slightly increased damage and chip damage on all arrows (including regular ones)
-Low shot low profiles

commando kano:
-slightly less damage scaling on b13 1+3ex
-f33-choke connects on hit consistently

brood mother dvorah:
-fix the hit stun on ex bug blast so it's easier to combo off of after b3 or f22 or less damage scaling after double ex bug blast

high tech jacqui:
-when using df2 to cancel out a projectile you gain extra meter
-6 on block for flick? While a little lower than what it is already, that's still horrible for when you try to combo into that (F4 + BF2, B1 + BF2) for mixups and such. I think maybe -5, faster recovery and a little more chip damage. Shouldn't be a bad trade off for the negative frames and at least you get more chip.

I think the rest for Shinnok are reasonable (make his bone unique specials be cancelled.)

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Damn Kitana nerfed.
What does kitana special cancel her pokes into lol?
She's got nothing that won't let her be full comboed, if anything it'd be an indirect buff because it'd stop potential fuck ups.

And to all those saying cancelling on whiff is dumb, can't you do that in sfv too?

What does kitana special cancel her pokes into lol?
She's got nothing that won't let her be full comboed, if anything it'd be an indirect buff because it'd stop potential fuck ups.

And to all those saying cancelling on whiff is dumb, can't you do that in sfv too?
I'm pretty sure (like 98%) that after ex fan toss in a combo she low pokes and special cancels that into regular fan to continue the combo.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
@YOMI REO

Can you explain your thoughts on Sonya's Stun Grenade going away when she's hit and why you separate that property from her Frags/Drones or D'Vorah's Puddle as other examples.

I've tried to understand this in the game recently and it just strikes me as weird to hit them and then eat a combo yourself.
I think his theory is that you can't get hit and still get a combo (stun grenade), so you'd have to commit to the frag, which would stop people hitting you out of stuff but at the same time not give Sonya a full combo.

Makes sense and adds a reason for them to use frag grenades.

I'm pretty sure (like 98%) that after ex fan toss in a combo she low pokes and special cancels that into regular fan to continue the combo.
Ah I see, I mean special cancel on block. My bad. On hit (i.e. In combo) it's not such a biggie.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
-6 on block for flick? While a little lower than what it is already, that's still horrible for when you try to combo into that (F4 + BF2, B1 + BF2) for mixups and such. I think maybe -5, faster recovery and a little more chip damage. Shouldn't be a bad trade off for the negative frames and at least you get more chip.

I think the rest for Shinnok are reasonable (make his bone unique specials be cancelled.)
it already does a good amount of chip imo it's mid which is why i think it'd be ok at -6. it's still safe and itd be fair full screen