What's new

Discussion MY MKXL PATCH LIST FOR KP3 (Post Yours)

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Let me stop you right there, amazing is a word referring to moves like Kung jin's dive kick, mileena's tele kick, kotals jump 1, demo Sonya's grenades, etc..... Not a 10% knockdown move that doesn't leads to nothing else, and is full combo punished on block. Yeh pretty amazing compared to the weakass tools the majority of this cast has huh? Instead of overreacting, which you clearly are, can we please just try and be civil? I asked a question to find an answer to a question how I wasn't understanding the effects of what 3f more startup would do to that particular character. So get off your high horse bud. Again read that I'm not insinuating (that means "claiming" btw) anything and just wanted answers on how it would affect insta air ball.
I still think Air Ball is amazing. Feel free to disagree. Then you throw in the old "can we please just try and be civil?"... implying I wasn't civil to begin with. Please, I'm nothing but class on these forums :p.

You asked if adding 3 Startup frames would make Air Ball extremely telegraphed. No. 3 frames is 100% unreactable. Air Ball's 2 Startup or whatever it is added to that 3 frames is still 5 frames, also unreactable.

Then you started talking about Kano having a ridiculously slow Startup on his jump and I genuinely have no clue what you're talking about. I can only assume the word "Startup" doesn't mean what you think it means.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
CT Kano is as bad as Alien at the moment.

DB1 is the laziest footsie tool in existence, you can't go wrong with it.

Controls the air, controls the ground and herp derp 50/50 time with no room to punish.

I don't know why F3 cancel on whiff is an issue. I'll take a 3 hit advancing mid string on Johnny over f3-f3 cancel anyday. Shit wanna throw a low at the end and give me the option to do an overhead nut punch by holding down on the d-pad for a full combo? sounds solid.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Lackey is dumb, everything's safe and he does a ton of damage.
That doesn't make him dumb, that's just you listing 2 advantages he has and ignoring all his downsides.

You forgot to mention he has no projectiles/zoning, slow mobility, the biggest hurtbox and no Overhead/Low mixups besides starters, which realistically can only be used on oki or jump-ins since they are 20+ Startup frames.

Considering he has no ranged options, don't you think he should have good damage when he gets in? And considering he has no 50/50's mid-combo, don't you think he should be pretty safe? Don't know why he would be punishable if he's not mixing you up. He essentially has to either punish you or otherwise beat you in the neutral to land a hit.

But mostly I wonder why you say
Lackey is dumb for these reasons when Ruthless is much safer and does much more damage.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
That doesn't make him dumb, that's just you listing 2 advantages he has and ignoring all his downsides.

You forgot to mention he has no projectiles/zoning, slow mobility, the biggest hurtbox and no Overhead/Low mixups besides starters, which realistically can only be used on oki or jump-ins since they are 20+ Startup frames.

Considering he has no ranged options, don't you think he should have good damage when he gets in? And considering he has no 50/50's mid-combo, don't you think he should be pretty safe? Don't know why he would be punishable if he's not mixing you up. He essentially has to either punish you or otherwise beat you in the neutral to land a hit.

Lackey is dumb for these reasons when Ruthless is much safer and does much more damage.
Ruthless is brain dead but at least he can't d1 d1 d1 d1 d1 d1 d1 true blockstring you to death from half screen.
Fuck that stupid poke, man. I hate characters who spoil you with safe, spammable fast d1s, pokes should be a risk, not something you just throw out there for teh lulz.

EmperorP

THE BRIGGZ
none of this nonsense will be in the pach if NRS is to release one if any this carp were to happen this game won't b fun to play. This thread sucks ass n swallows. lets jst wait and see wht NRS will bring for us

ando1184

Noob
I still think Air Ball is amazing. Feel free to disagree. Then you throw in the old "can we please just try and be civil?"... implying I wasn't civil to begin with. Please, I'm nothing but class on these forums :p.

You asked if adding 3 Startup frames would make Air Ball extremely telegraphed. No. 3 frames is 100% unreactable. Air Ball's 2 Startup or whatever it is added to that 3 frames is still 5 frames, also unreactable.

Then you started talking about Kano having a ridiculously slow Startup on his jump and I genuinely have no clue what you're talking about. I can only assume the word "Startup" doesn't mean what you think it means.
Alright, thank you for answering my question bud :)

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
As a Kotal Main I don't think he needs to be touched at all aside from 114 air grab only whiffing on F/T. A solid A-A+ tier character doesn't need to be nerfed nor buffed. I would love it if the Ex sword always had the second hit connect, but I'm not gonna ask for my character to get better when I don't want his ex sword to be even more punishable lol

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
imo while disjointed hitboxes are mostly bad for the game, I think characters that have them should be evaluated on a case by case basis. I do not necessarily think ninjutsu for example needs hurtboxes on his swords, as f2 and b2 are already pretty punishable.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Ruthless is brain dead but at least he can't d1 d1 d1 d1 d1 d1 d1 true blockstring you to death from half screen.
Neither can Lackey. You don't honestly believe spamming D1 is a blockstring do you? It's negative. You can poke or even do one of your faster normals after blocking it, or backdash, or jump, or armored reversal into full combo. You have options.

The only thing that's really remarkable about
Lackey D1 is it's range, and that was nerfed in XL. It's still very good but come on, you're complaining about some tiny amount of chip damage.

Last edited:

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night

Ruthless is not brain dead. Maybe top tier but definately not brain dead. His cancels arent plus, theres a gap everytime he does the overhead or low ferra in his back 1,2,12 string and when he does the full string its safe but it's your turn. I wouldnt mind a little tone down but braindead is a really high accusation. (Feel free to discuss, Im not on the receiving end of Ruthless so maybe Im missing something)
Edit :qouted the wrong person
Edit 2: @thlityoursloat this post is meant for you

Last edited:

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Fuck that stupid poke, man. I hate characters who spoil you with safe, spammable fast d1s, pokes should be a risk, not something you just throw out there for teh lulz.
Lackey's d1 is -6 and when you use this mechanic called "blocking" you might get out of his top tier d1 pressure.

Calling a character dumb and braindead while never labbing any shit, tym as it's best again

Last edited:

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Stun grenades are safe, even up close. They're part of her pressure. It is not worth the risk to try to jump/ backdash imo and obviously the trade is in her favor, which basically means you're going to eat another 50/50 as long as she has them. They severely limit mobility from anywhere on screen. Frags don't carry the same threat on hit stun grenades do. D'vorahs puddle can be full combo punished on a read, be jumped/ nj, armored out of. For those reasons I happen to agree to remove stun grenade activation on trade. She can still maintain pressure with stun grenades and they will still be an excellent footsie tool. I don't see the nerf taking away their purpose
Whenever you block her 50/50 and she throws a grenade, she makes you guess whether she'll detonate it immediately or delay it. Sometimes she detonates it immediately, and if you try to backdash it or jump out, you're getting full combo punished. Or she can just throw a grenade and go for another 50/50 taking advantage that the opponent is afraid to press buttons. That's the main mixup with Demolition. That's kinda OP, isn't it?

But the thing is, if she throws a grenade and doesn't detonate it immediately, she's ''unsafe''. You can hit her with pretty much anything BUT it's stupid to do this because she can detonate it at any time even if she's hit and you're getting launched.

I definitely think stun grenade should go away on hit, but at the same time, it'd be bad for her because since she can't detonate the grenade on hit, you can full combo punish her whenever she throws a grenade.