What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 Show Matches - Body Count Fighting at Mortal Kombat Day 2019

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I saw Dragon at that SoulCalibur VI event where they invited some newbies and some old-school tournament players... and Dragon wasted so many of the old-schoolers with Ivy. Their excuse... "Ivy is OP"... Kinda funny. :p

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
@xXRagingFlameXx I mean, lets not get too ahead of ourselves. This will be a new game with new contenders added to the mix as well. So we shall see :)
Very true, very true. But I'm not about to accept no Fox slander cause he's one of the few pros I mess with heavy right now haha. I need to start following the tournament scene heavier because NRS games are a big part of my life and I have no reason not to. I know how hype some of those matches get

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I saw Dragon at that SoulCalibur VI event where they invited some newbies and some old-school tournament players... and Dragon wasted so many of the old-schoolers with Ivy. Their excuse... "Ivy is OP"... Kinda funny. :p
MAAAAAN the commentators were so bias toward him talking shit because he was an NRS player. It was awesome to see him wipe the floor with them all. BUT at the time....Ivy was hella OP tho lol

There's more money in other events, to be fair. EVO is no longer the end all, be all to determine who is the best. Sonic has become incredibly annoying to watch as a streamer and the whole wearing of the furry mask during matches and post-interviews drives me nuts, but it's hard to say he wasn't the best INJ2 player. Shit, he mopped everyone with Joker at the Injustice 2 Pro Tour finals.
Dragon who won evo 2017 and that other big injustice 2 tournament that made him the highest gross earning injustice 2 player retired from injustice 2.

The Best = Guy who wins a shitty saturday afternoon tournament in a coffee shop

or

The Best = Guy who wins or places top 3 in a whole lot of tournaments, including the coffee shop tournament.
Strange that a tournament that gave out almost twice as much money as any tournament sonic won and was called the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP was just a "coffee shop" tournament.

trufenix

bye felicia
Strange that a tournament that gave out almost twice as much money as any tournament sonic won and was called the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP was just a "coffee shop" tournament.
I'm not the one who put grand finals in a coffee shop bro, that's the facts. Point is, whatever evo is, its one tournament. Sonic won like 15 tournaments. More than everybody else combined. He did it with a bunch of characters, low tier and high, and made tons of people who said he couldn't or wouldn't repeat his MKX dominance look foolish along the way.

PL still thinks he's the best MK9 player ever cause he's got 3 evo medals and nothing else. Sonic's even mopped him in that.

No disrespect to the others, but this is just winners and losers. You're not the best if you only win once a year.

I'm not the one who put grand finals in a coffee shop bro, that's the facts. Point is, whatever evo is, its one tournament. Sonic won like 15 tournaments. More than everybody else combined. He did it with a bunch of characters, low tier and high, and made tons of people who said he couldn't or wouldn't repeat his MKX dominance look foolish along the way.

PL still thinks he's the best MK9 player ever cause he's got 3 evo medals and nothing else. Sonic's even mopped him in that.

No disrespect to the others, but this is just winners and losers. You're not the best if you only win once a year.
Quality> quantity. And technically accoridng to you PL was the best in mk9 because you just said one win doesnt make you the best..

xXRagingFlameXx

Does quality over quantity even count in this kind of situation??

Like....a win's a win. If one person has more wins than another....they still have more wins. Or am I reading this all wrong?

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter

Like....a win's a win. If one person has more wins than another....they still have more wins. Or am I reading this all wrong?
I think what Squirty is trying to say is that if you win at the "Olympics" you are the best, it doesn't matter how many other times someone else has won other places.

So if PL got more wins than sonic but constantly lost to sonic he would be better than sonic?

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
You're all wrong. Quality AND Quantity matters.

You could win 100 tournaments like MWC 2012 (where I placed second place behind pig of the hut) where there are few to no other pro players... that doesn't make you the best.

You could win 1 evo (considered the grandest tournament), but if you never won anywhere else (or placed higher than other players consistently)... you're still not the best.

So...

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
You're all wrong. Quality AND Quantity matters.

You could win 100 tournaments like MWC 2012 (where I placed second place behind pig of the hut) where there are few to no other pro players... that doesn't make you the best.

You could win 1 evo (considered the grandest tournament), but if you never won anywhere else (or placed higher than other players consistently)... you're still not the best.

So...
So....lets move on from this pointless convo because it stemmed from nothing and nothing will come out of going back n forth.

A-N-Y-W-A-Y-S

Lets place bets on who you think will win each match? Better yet, which character do you see each contender playing IF that character will be available?

xXRagingFlameXx

So....lets move on from this pointless convo because it stemmed from nothing and nothing will come out of going back n forth.

A-N-Y-W-A-Y-S

Lets place bets on who you think will win each match? Better yet, which character do you see each contender playing IF that character will be available?
I don't care who wins as long as we get some solid and entertaining matches to get this MK11 hype off on the perfect foot! (I also don't know all the players well enough to be able to give any solid input so-)

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior

A-N-Y-W-A-Y-S

1. SonicFox wins
2. Scar wins
3. Dragon wins
4. Hayatei wins

Sonic Fox - All of the characters
Scar - Sonya
Dragon - Any girl character that's not sonya
Hayatei - Scorpion?

Not sure why people are still hung up on the idea that Fox wins everything, when its pretty much the exact same top players for all of these NRS games. If he wasnt winning them it would just be the next person up doing it (Dragon, Rewind, etc.)