What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 Show Matches - Body Count Fighting at Mortal Kombat Day 2019

Join Body Count Fighting on Thursday, January 17 as they team up with NetherRealm Studios and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment to host a series of world first show matches in Mortal Kombat 11! LIVE on twitch.tv/netherrealm.

January 17 is Mortal Kombat Day and, in honor of the new MK11 announcement, NetherRealm will be streaming a full day of exclusive game reveals, story & characters, new features, world first hands on gameplay, MK Kollective showcase, and much more.

In addition to first looks at the game, the Body Count Fighting team will be there hosting a series of Mortal Kombat 11 show matches starting at 12:45PM PST.

The matches are:

Rewind vs. SonicFox
Tweedy vs. Dragon
Grr vs. Scar
Hayatei vs. Honeybee

These players will be competing for bragging rights and are looking to set the tone for the upcoming Mortal Kombat 11 Pro Series later this year.

Don't miss a minute of the coverage! Tune in to Mortal Kombat Day on January 17 at twitch.tv/netherrealm and see world-class Mortal Kombat 11 gameplay for the very first time!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ehh I don't really care who's playing per-se, I just want to see the game. I sure hope someone sells their koin so I can buy it. I mean half of these guys sold their MK X promo gear lol

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
This is great. It's gonna show the initial potential of the game. So do the player get time with the game before tomorrow, or they'll try it there for the first time? It'd be great if they had more time to prepare.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
So the 12:45PM PST.. is that the STREAM START or the MATCH START? Like will the show start earlier than that?

Also.. I wounder if the player choices have anything to do with the available characters?

Also.. I wounder if the player choices have anything to do with the available characters?
I feel like in order to show off every character that will be revealed they will probably assign or ask them to choose different characters. Since there are 8 players it's pretty safe to say that minimum of 8 characters will be revealed.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I will be at work like a ninja trying to watch this. I LOOOOVE how this Community Reveal is so damn hyped! My body is READYYYYYYYYYYY!!

He wrecked them all in inj2, then took a quick break to wreck everybody in dbzf, then came back to inj2 to remind everyone of said wrecking.
Injustice 2 came out in 2017. Last I checked he wasnt the 2017 evo winner for injustice 2. He also did not win injustice 2018 evo..

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Injustice 2 came out in 2017. Last I checked he wasnt the 2017 evo winner for injustice 2. He also did not win injustice 2018 evo..
I mean, if you're talking about SonicFox, he just won the FINALS of the Injustice 2 Pro Tour series. That solidifies him as being the best IJ2 player. But thats done. Its MK11 now babY!

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
There's more money in other events, to be fair. EVO is no longer the end all, be all to determine who is the best. Sonic has become incredibly annoying to watch as a streamer and the whole wearing of the furry mask during matches and post-interviews drives me nuts, but it's hard to say he wasn't the best INJ2 player. Shit, he mopped everyone with Joker at the Injustice 2 Pro Tour finals.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I mean, if you're talking about SonicFox, he just won the FINALS of the Injustice 2 Pro Tour series. That solidifies him as being the best IJ2 player. But thats done. Its MK11 now babY!
History's gonna repeat itself, bet! I'm ready for more people to get pressed that a gay ass furry is one of the greatest fighting game players alive right now.