What's new

Match-up Discussion MMH Matchup List/ Discussion thread

Well, most of the people in the Lex forums say MMH vs Lex is in Lex's favor. The most pessimistic estimate is Rev's, who felt it was an even 5-5.

So I'm curious as to why it would be 6-4 in MMH's favor?

Feels like neither character has dirt that completely cancels out the dirt of the other, at least as far as both Lex and MMH have to let trait recharge eventually.

mmh beats lex luthor, if you spam your zoning he can't get anything out, you can keep him honest, and mb b3 solves any problems if he does get armor out... and lex just has nothing on mmh's movement... i'm assuming the lex forums aren't playing mmh's who know hte matchup... if you aren't familiar with a matchup like lex then your going to get BLOWN up.

Peckapowa, interesting take. Overall, i'd say some of those 7 3s like GL are too far fetched (just my opinion), but I get what your saying. He is up for being number one and could possible have no bad matchups, that is 100 percent not out of the question. It's kind of hard to list all matchups because many haven't ran into a good MMH, but i'll work on playing more matchups to see how things go.

Peckapowa, interesting take. Overall, i'd say some of those 7 3s like GL are too far fetched (just my opinion), but I get what your saying. He is up for being number one and could possible have no bad matchups, that is 100 percent not out of the question. It's kind of hard to list all matchups because many haven't ran into a good MMH, but i'll work on playing more matchups to see how things go.

well i haven't played as good of a gl like your brother so maybe 6-4

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
he's kind of lacking in weaknesses
Your ego betrays you.

EDIT: To explicate; as a fellow Martian, I remind all of us here to do rigorous testing. Theorycrafting is integral to figuring out MU's, but do not underestimate that it's still a 'theory'.
Which is why statements like 'Kung Lao-Kenshi is 9-1 Lao. Kenshi has no answer for Lao's rushdown game' came to pass.

cR_whiteboi

Jobbers are mouthpieces for gods.
it is for sure 4-6. For MMH, he has multiple setups he usually can do and he can usually have it pretty well when it comes to keeping someone out. The only issue is the fact that DD's trait just rampages through MMH's tools and forces me to do a lot of blocking and having the find a way out. MMH can definitely fight it though, but it is easier for him to get in then it is for MMH to keep him out. I played noobe at TFC for a lot of matches and I managed to keep it even, but it took a lot of adjustments and some yolo stuff at times :p. This matchup (like aquaman) is a possible 5-5, but as of right now, I'll leave it as is. I want to play it more with Doomsday players and see what happens.
Alright that makes sense. Do you have a xbox account or does any mmh wanna play some matches? I would love to play a mmh, even if it most be online. My gt is TmWhiteBoi.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
If any MMHs want Killer Frost experience, my GT is my name.

Saying a prayer prior to the match is encouraged. And the bringing of vaseline is recommended.

If any MMH's want to have a Martian Man Tango (mirror) then, I'd be happy to oblige as well.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
it is for sure 4-6. For MMH, he has multiple setups he usually can do and he can usually have it pretty well when it comes to keeping someone out. The only issue is the fact that DD's trait just rampages through MMH's tools and forces me to do a lot of blocking and having the find a way out. MMH can definitely fight it though, but it is easier for him to get in then it is for MMH to keep him out. I played noobe at TFC for a lot of matches and I managed to keep it even, but it took a lot of adjustments and some yolo stuff at times :p. This matchup (like aquaman) is a possible 5-5, but as of right now, I'll leave it as is. I want to play it more with Doomsday players and see what happens.

Just to add, DD's trait makes it impossible to use teleport against him while it's up. It's completely punishable.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
If I may recommend, look into perhaps using someone's xbox to fight PND_Mustard and BiPolarExxpress.
Between Mustard, Polarbear, and Max (and maybe Grr) that's probably the best example of Bane with a bit of variety in style as well.
My Bane is a completely different style and you'd probably beat it but I dunno, its a work in progress... but I can say without a doubt that Polarbear, Mustard, and Maxintensity are easily within the same tier of power. I'll go ahead and tag them in to see what they think of the MU, so lets hope for good responses.

Maxintensity25
PND_Mustard
BiPolarExxpress
Sorry guys, i have absolutely zero input in the Bane-MMH match, i'm still yet to play any competent Martian's in a long set.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Your ego betrays you.

EDIT: To explicate; as a fellow Martian, I remind all of us here to do rigorous testing. Theorycrafting is integral to figuring out MU's, but do not underestimate that it's still a 'theory'.
Which is why statements like 'Kung Lao-Kenshi is 9-1 Lao. Kenshi has no answer for Lao's rushdown game' came to pass.
Well this is precisely the problem, not enough players take responsibility for themselves as, well, players. There's several fighters out there that eliminates everything the community complains about, but how many do we see sticking with them for more than a few weeks?

And then there's the argument of if a player consistently beats a character that is frowned upon community wide, we'll hear the apologist argument that he was just able to outplay the perpetrator, but if the perpetrator gets just one win against the same guy, it'll be "LOL SEE, IT'S STILL 7-3 GUISE". Where's the middle ground?

More often than not, Kenshi would only ever beat KL because the KL player picked him up solely for the Kenshi matchup, and had no idea what they were doing, or what made the matchup bad, I think I speak for every seasoned Kenshi player that they'd rather deal with KL upclose than Kabal or Cyrax. Then we had players that had the nerve to call it a completely even matchup as a result.

(For the record, I don't think KL was Kenshi's worst matchup or 7-3 upwards for that matter, it was simply the most straight-forward counterpick compared to Kenshi's other bad matchups.)

Although IMO people are overreacting to MMH a bit so far, Kabal was hailed as having no weaknesses by players who greatly exaggerated his meter build and took almost 2 years to start punishing his buzzsaw. (But I do still think he was the best in MK9 because he collectively had the best matchup chart with no clear cut bad matchups)

I'm not trying to agree or disagree with anyone, just thought I'd give some perspective, for what it's worth.

Reactions: RYX
Well this is precisely the problem, not enough players take responsibility for themselves as, well, players. There's several fighters out there that eliminates everything the community complains about, but how many do we see sticking with them for more than a few weeks?

And then there's the argument of if a player consistently beats a character that is frowned upon community wide, we'll hear the apologist argument that he was just able to outplay the perpetrator, but if the perpetrator gets just one win against the same guy, it'll be "LOL SEE, IT'S STILL 7-3 GUISE". Where's the middle ground?

More often than not, Kenshi would only ever beat KL because the KL player picked him up solely for the Kenshi matchup, and had no idea what they were doing, or what made the matchup bad, I think I speak for every seasoned Kenshi player that they'd rather deal with KL upclose than Kabal or Cyrax. Then we had players that had the nerve to call it a completely even matchup as a result.

(For the record, I don't think KL was Kenshi's worst matchup or 7-3 upwards for that matter, it was simply the most straight-forward counterpick compared to Kenshi's other bad matchups.)

Although IMO people are overreacting to MMH a bit so far, Kabal was hailed as having no weaknesses by players who greatly exaggerated his meter build and took almost 2 years to start punishing his buzzsaw. (But I do still think he was the best in MK9 because he collectively had the best matchup chart with no clear cut bad matchups)

I'm not trying to agree or disagree with anyone, just thought I'd give some perspective, for what it's worth.
interesting take, personally I know for a fact that MMH has his weaknesses without a doubt. He is for sure a top character and that is something everyone will agree with. As far as his matchups go, it is hard to get a complete chart since barely anyone has played a competent MMH/ competent MMH players haven't played all the matchups to a good extent. As far as overreacting goes, I'd say they aren't overreacting too much since I hear a lot more ppl complain about BA, superman, AM, and etc. Also, you are right about ppl just picking someone as a counterpick instead of actually using them as one of their characters, that means a lot actually.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
interesting take, personally I know for a fact that MMH has his weaknesses without a doubt. He is for sure a top character and that is something everyone will agree with. As far as his matchups go, it is hard to get a complete chart since barely anyone has played a competent MMH/ competent MMH players haven't played all the matchups to a good extent. As far as overreacting goes, I'd say they aren't overreacting too much since I hear a lot more ppl complain about BA, superman, AM, and etc. Also, you are right about ppl just picking someone as a counterpick instead of actually using them as one of their characters, that means a lot actually.
I always use characters I know well when counter picking

Sad part is it's usually still a losing match-up. :(

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
interesting, we'll definitely run this matchup when we can.

I've played MMH vs flash with zyphox, all the matches were quite close. Trait usually gets the job done for keeping flash out and orbs (ex preferably). It is super hard when he gets in, but MMH has a solid offensive game as well, so he doesn't have to sit back the whole time, especially when he gets his oki game going.
we need to play again, its been a while since we played and we both have leveled up am sure, i play reo sometimes and i do think the flash either wins 6-4 or 5-5 but a difficult 5-5