What's new

Match-up Discussion MMH Matchup List/ Discussion thread

Arrow loses worse then 6-4
I've heard this, but the only reason I'm not jumping the gun on it being worse than 6 4 is because GA definitely has issues vs MMH, but there are some things he can do to make the matchup a lot better for him. Personally, GA should be using fire arrows a lot in the matchup. They make the matchup a lot different than if he just utilizes ice arrows mostly, but I could be wrong.

why 4-6 for doomsday vs mmh? Never actually seen this Mu played before.
it is for sure 4-6. For MMH, he has multiple setups he usually can do and he can usually have it pretty well when it comes to keeping someone out. The only issue is the fact that DD's trait just rampages through MMH's tools and forces me to do a lot of blocking and having the find a way out. MMH can definitely fight it though, but it is easier for him to get in then it is for MMH to keep him out. I played noobe at TFC for a lot of matches and I managed to keep it even, but it took a lot of adjustments and some yolo stuff at times :p. This matchup (like aquaman) is a possible 5-5, but as of right now, I'll leave it as is. I want to play it more with Doomsday players and see what happens.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
DJT, I have a bit while I wait for my buddy to come over and bring the new pokemons if you wanna body me a couple dozen times.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
lol, I need to change my username to just MIT or my name so I dnt confuse anyone.
I still don't get it. So is it like a multiple personality disorder or are you MIT by day and DJT by night? Like a Bruce Wayne type deal or whatever?

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I just have to ask since I know you hate Bane lol. What's your opinion on it?
7-3 bane.

Jk, I would say 6-4 from my experiences. I don't think I've ever beat a bane with MMH.

And flash is too easy to keep out, placing orbs midscreen can allow you to build meter quickly with zoning, he also got hurt bad the last patch with the d2 nerf. His footsies are all but non existant now.

Well, most of the people in the Lex forums say MMH vs Lex is in Lex's favor. The most pessimistic estimate is Rev's, who felt it was an even 5-5.

So I'm curious as to why it would be 6-4 in MMH's favor?

Feels like neither character has dirt that completely cancels out the dirt of the other, at least as far as both Lex and MMH have to let trait recharge eventually.

Well, most of the people in the Lex forums say MMH vs Lex is in Lex's favor. The most pessimistic estimate is Rev's, who felt it was an even 5-5.

So I'm curious as to why it would be 6-4 in MMH's favor?

Feels like neither character has dirt that completely cancels out the dirt of the other, at least as far as both Lex and MMH have to let trait recharge eventually.
i'll change it to 5 5 since I haven't played it much, but I know for a fact MMH doesn't lose. Just looking at his tools, you could see why.

7-3 bane.

Jk, I would say 6-4 from my experiences. I don't think I've ever beat a bane with MMH.

And flash is too easy to keep out, placing orbs midscreen can allow you to build meter quickly with zoning, he also got hurt bad the last patch with the d2 nerf. His footsies are all but non existant now.
bane beating MMH? nah. If only I could get REO in here lol, i'm sure he's played that matchup before. If there is any MMH that has played that matchup, i'd like them in here to be honest. I couldn't see how he'd win with how mobile MMH is. Of course he has the edge if he gets in, but it won't be easy for him to get in.

Bane really does have insane movement as well, pretty much the best dashes in the game. And Martian doesn't have multi hit zoning like Sinestro and zod, zoners who give us trouble. Orb and pillar honestly aren't that bad just because of venom and how quick we can get in. And we're pretty used to air dashes by now haha. Again, could use more high level Martian as a judge, but just my two cents. I don't see a blow out at all, I think it's extremely close.

Bane really does have insane movement as well, pretty much the best dashes in the game. And Martian doesn't have multi hit zoning like Sinestro and zod, zoners who give us trouble. Orb and pillar honestly aren't that bad just because of venom and how quick we can get in. And we're pretty used to air dashes by now haha. Again, could use more high level Martian as a judge, but just my two cents. I don't see a blow out at all, I think it's extremely close.
true, bane's movement and armor are an issue. I already know on knockdown, I'm toast haha. But it is definitely a huge positional matchup and stages will play a factor as well.

Aquaman: 5-5 (retaliate to blocked trident with overhead projectile check with jumps, anticipate tridents and force movement with force balls, outfootsie with trait... could be in mmh favor)
Batman: 5-5 (post patch could be 6-4)
Deathstroke: 5-5 (don't see how this is advantageous, maybe down the road yes but right now feels 5-5)
Killer Frost: 5-5 (no sure haven't played enough)
Green Lantern: 7-3 (completely outzones, competes in footsie game, really hard for gl to get in, if gl zone sback can be teled on reactions)
Nightwing: 5-5 (i have serious issues with this matchup)
Sinestro: 6-4 (i can see this being hard for sinestro)
Zatanna: 7-3 (her projectile can be teled on reaction, her tele can be down 1ed you outfootsie her)
Ares: 6-4 (not sure, but before patch was 7-3 imo because he can't zone you and your mb ground thing and ur down 1 blew up his tele)
Black Adam: 6-4 (imo with post patch adam mmh has better mixups mobility, wins the zoning battle)
Doomsday: 5-5 (could be 4-6 but i think doomsday is just tough to deal with)
Harley Quinn: 6-4 (i guarantee he beats her)
Lex Luthor: 6-4 ( if you zone properly he wont get trait or anything out, mb b3 blows up everything he does)
Raven: 7-3 (she can't use demon mode, you outzone her and have better everything)
Solomon Grundy: 5-5 (dab gives me serious problems, but i am bad vs grundy)
Zod: 6-4 (hard for zod to get zoning game going)
Bane: 6-4 (this can be challenging to be honest haven't seen a better bane than anti-static, mb b3 blows up level 1 and 2 venom, and if your good at jumping on reaction)
Catwoman: 6-4 (not sure, makes sense)
Flash: 5-5
Hawkgirl: 7-3 (hawkgirl has nothing in this fight)
Lobo: 6-4 (not sure, makes sense)
Scorpion: 5-5 not sure
Superman: 6-4 (honestly feel mmh has the advantage in this fight because of his zoning counter-zoning and mixups and ability to play footsies)
Batgirl: 5-5
Cyborg: 7-3 (cyborg gets destroyed)
Green Arrow: 6-4
The Joker: 6-4
Shazam: 6-4
Wonder Woman: 6-4 (this matchup is very difficult for her because of your overhead projectile and ur mb ground thing and orbs in the zoning game, plus your trait wins the footsie battle and you still have everything else... ur standing 3 is good in this fight... honestly this could be even worst... i think wwoman loses to zod and mmh)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

once people start zoning properly with mmh they are going to realize he is the best character in the game, if you can properly read forward dashes and the spacing involved wiht it, the orbs and the overhead projectile can prove to be a really tough space control tool, especially if you land a blocked overhead and throw a mb orb forward in anticipation of a forward dash... in matchups where mmh gets to zone free like wonder woman, reo is probably gonna get to the point where he is controlling everything with the air dash, the trait and the orbs... this character is without a doubt ridiculous and thats why my matchup chart is so lopsided.