What's new

Match-up Discussion MMH Matchup List/ Discussion thread

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I think he defeats Hawkgirl 7-3 and also he defeats Zatanna 6-4 i guess, i am not sure on this one, but the only thing that Zatanna has is thet his teleport whiffs on her J3 but i am not sure after his teleport hitbox fix and Zatanna can just whiffit, not punish it

I agree with this. I've run some sets against PPJs Hawkgirl, and we both think that this could be in MMH's favor. Possibly 7-3

Uber

Noob
but you have to worry about orbs since shazam can only teleport forward, which is a big issue. Also standing 3 from MMH can be used as an AA without trait being on. B2 has range, but isn't very fast and can be avoided or just blocked because it provides no advantage. Trait comes back fast for MMH as well, so he'll be able to use it multiple times in a fight. If Shazam is able to get MMH in the corner, he'll be in good hands or just a knocked can help him out for sure. Only issue is, MMH's push has a huge hitbox and the only way you are going to counter it is by backing off (which is not what shazam wants to do), or by using meter burn f3/b3 to blow it up. Also you always have to be aware of MMH's tele because it can catch any character off guard for sure. But besides all the defensive options of MMH, he has plenty of ways to mix up shazam as well. You can tele to get out of setups, but since that is the obvious escape route, MMH can counter Shazam's tele because of its recovery. I'm open to play this for sure though if you are on PSN.
Push is pretty much MMHs only good wakeup. It can be punished by backdashing or teleporting forward, it has a lot of whiff recovery. MMHs teleport is definitely something to watch out for, but you probably aren't gonna catch Shazam jumping often with it. If Shazam does the forward walk trick against overhead teleport, Shazam can punish for almost 40% into hard knockdown. I'm down to play sometime. PSN: uber1337_dave

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Idk, I feel like KF does well against MMH. Probably 5-5.

She definitely wins upclose. A lot of his pressure can be parried or even interrupted with 111. She punishes a lot KF his stuff upclose too.

He definitely wins from afar tho. Orbs and pillars are a pain to deal with, especially pillars since it punishes spike. Not much she can do from afar but move in.

The fact that she punishes BOTH teleports for decent damage into a vortex is pretty good too. The teleport is easily one of his best tools and she has an answer for both.

It might be in MMH favor tho. I did very well against reo the last time I played him, but that was back in august, so I don't wanna judge a MU based on that. I havent really fought any tough MMH players online either. You have me on psn tho. Hit me up!

Push is pretty much MMHs only good wakeup. It can be punished by backdashing or teleporting forward, it has a lot of whiff recovery. MMHs teleport is definitely something to watch out for, but you probably aren't gonna catch Shazam jumping often with it. If Shazam does the forward walk trick against overhead teleport, Shazam can punish for almost 40% into hard knockdown. I'm down to play sometime. PSN: uber1337_dave

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2
alright, i'll show you why I have it at 6 4. It definitely is manageable for sure for shazam, but MMH's tools get the job done in my opinion. Also don't forget, MMH's overhead tele has a very weird hitbox when it whiffs at times and it's collision will sometimes hit ppl even when they dodge it. Also if I do instant overhead tele, it is a lot harder to avoid.

Idk, I feel like KF does well against MMH. Probably 5-5.

She definitely wins upclose. A lot of his pressure can be parried or even interrupted with 111. She punishes a lot KF his stuff upclose too.

He definitely wins from afar tho. Orbs and pillars are a pain to deal with, especially pillars since it punishes spike. Not much she can do from afar but move in.

The fact that she punishes BOTH teleports for decent damage into a vortex is pretty good too. The teleport is easily one of his best tools and she has an answer for both.

It might be in MMH favor tho. I did very well against reo the last time I played him, but that was back in august, so I don't wanna judge a MU based on that. I havent really fought any tough MMH players online either. You have me on psn tho. Hit me up!
fo sho bruh, we'll run it. It could be 5-5 for sure, i'm going off what REO said since I know he has played you before. If I could get him in here, it'd be good.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Shouldn't a top player be posting mu charts? It's obvious this character 10-0's everyone, similar to what Sub Zero did in Mk9. Who has such authority to say such things? Deeeeeeeeee Jayyyyyyyyy Teeeeeeeeee!

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Ahahahaha... 6-4 Bane?
AHAHAHAHAHAHA god its so hard to hear you from all the way on the floor. I'm 6'8 man, you'll have to speak up.

Ahahahaha... 6-4 Bane?
AHAHAHAHAHAHA god its so hard to hear you from all the way on the floor. I'm 6'8 man, you'll have to speak up.
yes indeed 6 4. You'll have to give me an explanation for me to consider changing it. MMH has a lot of mobility, offensive, and defensive options to deal with bane. It won't be easy catching MMH at all. Venom of course is good and helps bane a lot when he needs to get someone in one place, but that only last for a certain amount of time and debuff hurts him a lot. Also charge won't be of any use because MMH has a tele so he can just jump back then tele when he sees it, which isn't good news for bane. But, i'm not here to dictate, I want to hear the thoughts of ppl, so give me the breakdown from you perspective as a bane player.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
yes indeed 6 4. You'll have to give me an explanation for me to consider changing it. MMH has a lot of mobility, offensive, and defensive options to deal with bane. It won't be easy catching MMH at all. Venom of course is good and helps bane a lot when he needs to get someone in one place, but that only last for a certain amount of time and debuff hurts him a lot. Also charge won't be of any use because MMH has a tele so he can just jump back then tele when he sees it, which isn't good news for bane. But, i'm not here to dictate, I want to hear the thoughts of ppl, so give me the breakdown from you perspective as a bane player.
Okeydokes.
Mobility wise, not so much no. We catch deathstrokes, I don't see how MMH is going to do much. The moment your feet leave the ground its safe the charge since it blows up both teleports, but outside of that your zoning is horrifically sub-par and your tools to keep us out are limited to an air dash and a decent but not great backdash. You don't have the means to open us up on debuff, and once you get knocked down you don't have any options to stand up for 18 seconds at a time, and then some.

Jump back teleport gets blown up by charge, by the by. Bane charging in the neutral is a weak point to argue, but we CAN safely check you with it. Once you hit the corner its over for the most part, and Bane has huge amounts of wall-carry to boot. Add in he can ignore a lot of the orb set-ups thanks to his armor and your zoning is mostly one-hit with huge recovery. We can basically auto-pilot at level 3 thanks to the auto-corrects and you'll need to be burning a lot of meter to try and keep us out (which, of course, you can't forever) so clashes and trying to get to us in cooldown will be made that much harder. As far as the neutral game, you don't have anything that beats out DP so we can mill that one out and try to bait the Mb b.3 from you.

Beyond that, our Mb b.3 covers your backdash AND airdash range because of its monsterous reach and our f.2.d.3 string is another huge issue to deal with since its unpunishable on block and covers about half the screen in real-estate. The oki is one of the other huge points, as MMH has trouble almost universally against enemies who have armor to play with. Every knockdown is a 33/33/33 between CG, low starter, and OH, and every wrong guess sets you back on the floor with 40% less health. We don't need the upper levels to get in or keep pressure, so our debuff would be about the length of one Mb f.3 on wake-up and then right back into the groove with a +9 on block to lead the way, if not a 33% combo and situation reset.

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
I main Scorpion and play offline against a great MMH my bro HazeJupiter we feel that MMH vs Scorp is 7-3 MMH favor. He could just be a lot better of a player then me but I just can't seem to do anything against MMH in that MU. MMH controls/contains Scorpion very well with orbs and trait. Once MMH knocks Scorp down he can just abuse his pathetic wakeup game with orbs and mixups. Scorpion can't jump on MMH either which is big in that MU. And if I go for a yolo teleport I'm eating a huge combo. Scorpion has to take huge risks in this MU, risks that reward MMH much more if I am wrong. I'll tag the only other Scorpion main I know to get his thoughts 1man3letters

Okeydokes.
Mobility wise, not so much no. We catch deathstrokes, I don't see how MMH is going to do much. The moment your feet leave the ground its safe the charge since it blows up both teleports, but outside of that your zoning is horrifically sub-par and your tools to keep us out are limited to an air dash and a decent but not great backdash. You don't have the means to open us up on debuff, and once you get knocked down you don't have any options to stand up for 18 seconds at a time, and then some.

Jump back teleport gets blown up by charge, by the by. Bane charging in the neutral is a weak point to argue, but we CAN safely check you with it. Once you hit the corner its over for the most part, and Bane has huge amounts of wall-carry to boot. Add in he can ignore a lot of the orb set-ups thanks to his armor and your zoning is mostly one-hit with huge recovery. We can basically auto-pilot at level 3 thanks to the auto-corrects and you'll need to be burning a lot of meter to try and keep us out (which, of course, you can't forever) so clashes and trying to get to us in cooldown will be made that much harder. As far as the neutral game, you don't have anything that beats out DP so we can mill that one out and try to bait the Mb b.3 from you.

Beyond that, our Mb b.3 covers your backdash AND airdash range because of its monsterous reach and our f.2.d.3 string is another huge issue to deal with since its unpunishable on block and covers about half the screen in real-estate. The oki is one of the other huge points, as MMH has trouble almost universally against enemies who have armor to play with. Every knockdown is a 33/33/33 between CG, low starter, and OH, and every wrong guess sets you back on the floor with 40% less health. We don't need the upper levels to get in or keep pressure, so our debuff would be about the length of one Mb f.3 on wake-up and then right back into the groove with a +9 on block to lead the way, if not a 33% combo and situation reset.
good breakdown, but it still isn't going to be easy catching MMH. DS doesn't have an air dash or a tele. You can blow up my wakeups (which bane does to ppl in general), so that is nothing special. Also you can go through orbs, but I can use them just for meter build and to bait you into doing something. The only place where bane will truly mess up MMH is when I'm in the corner and I have no where to go, so i'll give you that. But i'm sticking with 6 4 because of MMH having good tools on the defensive to deal with bane and the fact that in debuff, I can go pretty crazy since you don't want to get hit. But I could be wrong for sure, if you are on PSN, i'd love to play your bane.

I main Scorpion and play offline against a great MMH my bro HazeJupiter we feel that MMH vs Scorp is 7-3 MMH favor. He could just be a lot better of a player then me but I just can't seem to do anything against MMH in that MU. MMH controls/contains Scorpion very well with orbs and trait. Once MMH knocks Scorp down he can just abuse his pathetic wakeup game with orbs and mixups. Scorpion can't jump on MMH either which is big in that MU. And if I go for a yolo teleport I'm eating a huge combo. Scorpion has to take huge risks in this MU, risks that reward MMH much more if I am wrong. I'll tag the only other Scorpion main I know to get his thoughts 1man3letters
could be possible, I just put 6 4 for his winning matchups because I'm sure scorpion has some things he can do, but yeah MMH for sure wins.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
good breakdown, but it still isn't going to be easy catching MMH. DS doesn't have an air dash or a tele. You can blow up my wakeups (which bane does to ppl in general), so that is nothing special. Also you can go through orbs, but I can use them just for meter build and to bait you into doing something. The only place where bane will truly mess up MMH is when I'm in the corner and I have no where to go, so i'll give you that. But i'm sticking with 6 4 because of MMH having good tools on the defensive to deal with bane and the fact that in debuff, I can go pretty crazy since you don't want to get hit. But I could be wrong for sure, if you are on PSN, i'd love to play your bane.
My Bane isn't extremely good, and against you trying to get in on me its just a matter of MB b.3 since I'll have a lot to burn. Likewise, you're right that DS doesn't have an air dash but he does have IAFB guns which mean I can't just go in wildly. I can't check DS with a charge whenever his feet leave the ground, MMH I can. Teleport doesn't do anything but get me that knockdown since, with such a short start-up in the air, you'll click off my starting armor and take that free 18% while I'll only take about 7% or so.

While I'm on debuff, you'll usually have about 3 or 4 seconds (taking into account the enders of whatever combo) and will have to open me up and while I can agree MMH has some decent tools, they aren't made to catch people and most will lose out to armored b.3s before you can make a solid impact. That's not a long cooldown, and the cooldown on 2 is about the length of a normal throw so yeah.

My Bane isn't extremely good, and against you trying to get in on me its just a matter of MB b.3 since I'll have a lot to burn. Likewise, you're right that DS doesn't have an air dash but he does have IAFB guns which mean I can't just go in wildly. I can't check DS with a charge whenever his feet leave the ground, MMH I can. Teleport doesn't do anything but get me that knockdown since, with such a short start-up in the air, you'll click off my starting armor and take that free 18% while I'll only take about 7% or so.

While I'm on debuff, you'll usually have about 3 or 4 seconds (taking into account the enders of whatever combo) and will have to open me up and while I can agree MMH has some decent tools, they aren't made to catch people and most will lose out to armored b.3s before you can make a solid impact. That's not a long cooldown, and the cooldown on 2 is about the length of a normal throw so yeah.
indeed, i'll look into the matchup more for sure.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
indeed, i'll look into the matchup more for sure.
If I may recommend, look into perhaps using someone's xbox to fight PND_Mustard and BiPolarExxpress.
Between Mustard, Polarbear, and Max (and maybe Grr) that's probably the best example of Bane with a bit of variety in style as well.
My Bane is a completely different style and you'd probably beat it but I dunno, its a work in progress... but I can say without a doubt that Polarbear, Mustard, and Maxintensity are easily within the same tier of power. I'll go ahead and tag them in to see what they think of the MU, so lets hope for good responses.

Maxintensity25
PND_Mustard
BiPolarExxpress

If I may recommend, look into perhaps using someone's xbox to fight PND_Mustard and BiPolarExxpress.
Between Mustard, Polarbear, and Max (and maybe Grr) that's probably the best example of Bane with a bit of variety in style as well.
My Bane is a completely different style and you'd probably beat it but I dunno, its a work in progress... but I can say without a doubt that Polarbear, Mustard, and Maxintensity are easily within the same tier of power. I'll go ahead and tag them in to see what they think of the MU, so lets hope for good responses.

Maxintensity25
PND_Mustard
BiPolarExxpress
Wish I had access to a PS3, could really use some martian experience. Hard for me to weigh in on it, just due to the lack of good martians I've played.

GGA Max

I'd appreciate the mu experience, if you're on ps3 add me and we can test it out. I know bane can autopilot once mmh gets knocked down.

My psn is the same as this account.

If any martians on XBL want to grind some matches it'd be great, that way I can contribute a bit more.

Only experience I've had is what Max said, it seems like Bane can just go through the motions on knockdown, they all either have awful recovery, or we can chew through them. Of course there's always MBB3, but we're used to that. I think it comes to the fact that martian with trait has amazing footsies, and the set ups/zoning could be a concern. So from limited experience I'd say 5-5 or borderline 6-4 martian.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Scorpion: 6-4 (no one plays him anymore, could be wrong haha)

yep your right, MMH does beat him, if its 6-4/7-3 doesnt really matter, he still wins either way.

yea i have it a 3-7 personally myself but not going to start a fuss over someone marking it scorpion losing 4-6, either way he loses

deg222

Best Zatanna that uses Aquaman
I haven't played the MMH MU all that much as a Harley player, but I feel like the MU is more even. Her instant gunshots are a real threat and keeps MMH a little more honest than most characters can at full screen. On top of that, you can't use typical orb setups. She can either wakeup command dash or tantrum stance depending on the situation. Again, I'm sure there's something different MMH can do for setups, but I'm just saying what I've seen. I'd be glad to play a few sets.

Oh and btw, MMH is probably Zatanna's worst matchup. She can't play her game at all in that MU.

Xbox tag: deg222

I haven't played the MMH MU all that much as a Harley player, but I feel like the MU is more even. Her instant gunshots are a real threat and keeps MMH a little more honest than most characters can at full screen. On top of that, you can't use typical orb setups. She can either wakeup command dash or tantrum stance depending on the situation. Again, I'm sure there's something different MMH can do for setups, but I'm just saying what I've seen. I'd be glad to play a few sets.

Oh and btw, MMH is probably Zatanna's worst matchup. She can't play her game at all in that MU.

Xbox tag: deg222
yeah i'm hearing MMH gives zatanna a lot of issues. Also I wasn't too sure about Harley, i'll put it 5-5 for now because I havent' played the matchup and from the tools they both possess, a 5-5 sounds right.