What's new

Match-up Discussion MMH Matchup List/ Discussion thread

Since I main MMH now and I haven't seen a chart for him yet, I decided to make a chart. I dnt know that many who play MMH, so if yall can help me out, tag other MMH players:
Aquaman: 4-6 (could be 5-5, but I'll leave it at this for now)
Batman: 5-5
Deathstroke: 6-4
Killer Frost: 6-4
Green Lantern: 6-4 (borderline 5-5, but i'll play this more with my bro and see what others think who have played this matchup)
Nightwing: 5-5
Sinestro: 6-4
Zatanna: 6-4? (haven't ran into run yet, so if anyone could help me out, i'd be much obliged)
Ares: 6-4
Black Adam: 5-5
Doomsday: 4-6
Harley Quinn: 6-4 (could be wrong, haven't played this yet, hopefully a good Harley has xp in this matchup)
Lex Luthor: 5-5
Raven: 6-4
Solomon Grundy: 6-4
Zod: 5-5
Bane: 6-4
Catwoman: 6-4
Flash: 5-5
Hawkgirl: 6-4
Lobo: 6-4
Scorpion: 6-4 (no one plays him anymore, could be wrong haha)
Superman: 5-5
Batgirl: 5-5
Cyborg: 6-4
Green Arrow: 6-4
The Joker: 6-4
Shazam: 6-4
Wonder Woman: 5-5
could be some 7 3s maybe, but I'm fine with the 6 4s I listed, what are yall thoughts and help me out to make a solid list that a majority of people can accept.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I think he defeats Hawkgirl 7-3 and also he defeats Zatanna 6-4 i guess, i am not sure on this one, but the only thing that Zatanna has is thet his teleport whiffs on her J3 but i am not sure after his teleport hitbox fix and Zatanna can just whiffit, not punish it

Do you happen to play on PSN? I think Hawkgirl versus MMH is 5-5.

I'd love to run it if at all possible.
care to explain? haven't played this one yet and from both of their tools, it'd seem MMH would win, but I could be wrong for sure.

Espio

Kokomo
care to explain? haven't played this one yet and from both of their tools, it'd seem MMH would win, but I could be wrong for sure.

I'd love to actually. Martian Manhunter stops her from zoning and flying, but he stops everyone from jumping around and she's not a zoner either.

Due to wing evade 3, her fast forward walk speed and the like she gets in very quickly and she beats him up close in my opinion, the only time he can keep up footsies wise is if he has trait activated otherwise I think she is a problem for him especially since a good read on wing evade 3 that's well spaced brings her in to the opponent's face at plus frames so she can start her pressure. This is a very footsie intensive match up, but Hawkgirl actually does footsies well against Martian Manhunter's style of zoning. She get gets easy punishes on the frame gaps in his strings for good damage, while simultaneously not suffering from the amount of holes in her strings he has in his. She can punish all of his launchers including Martian grab fairly easily due to her long ranged 6 frame down 1 as well.

She can disrupt his zoning better than a lot of characters surprisingly. I thought it would be bad till I studied it in the lab extensively.

I think they both can be incredibly annoying for each other, but excellent patience and spacing is required for Hawkgirl to hang with him.

I'd love to actually. Martian Manhunter stops her from zoning and flying, but he stops everyone from jumping around and she's not a zoner either.

Due to wing evade 3, her fast forward walk speed and the like she gets in very quickly and she beats him up close in my opinion, the only time he can keep up footsies wise is if he has trait activated otherwise I think she is a problem for him especially since a good read on wing evade 3 that's well spaced brings her in to the opponent's face at plus frames so she can start her pressure. This is a very footsie intensive match up, but Hawkgirl actually does footsies well against Martian Manhunter's style of zoning. She get gets easy punishes on the frame gaps in his strings for good damage, while simultaneously not suffering from the amount of holes in her strings he has in his. She can punish all of his launchers including Martian grab fairly easily due to her long ranged 6 frame down 1 as well.

She can disrupt his zoning better than a lot of characters surprisingly. I thought it would be bad till I studied it in the lab extensively.

I think they both can be incredibly annoying for each other, but excellent patience and spacing is required for Hawkgirl to hang with him.
interesting, we'll definitely run this matchup when we can.
Man I reallly feel like he loses to flash. And I feel like aqua is even
I've played MMH vs flash with zyphox, all the matches were quite close. Trait usually gets the job done for keeping flash out and orbs (ex preferably). It is super hard when he gets in, but MMH has a solid offensive game as well, so he doesn't have to sit back the whole time, especially when he gets his oki game going.

Uber

Noob
Could you explain what gives MMH the advantage against Shazam? Orb zoning and setups are easily avoided with teleport and his wakeups aren't especially scary. His trait range can also be managed because of the range on his B2, HM, and J2.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

DarkPage

Noob
hmm i could see WW being 5-5, but then any match with her could be that way once she gets in. but just personally it feels more 6-4 Martian, because of his zoning abilities.
but i do not play tournament players, so take that with a grain of salt.

Could you explain what gives MMH the advantage against Shazam? Orb zoning and setups are easily avoided with teleport and his wakeups aren't especially scary. His trait range can also be managed because of the range on his B2, HM, and J2.

well you can't forget, shazam's tele can definitely be blown up because it has recovery, so shazam has to be aware of that. B2 3 is a lot better now, but on block, it can be full combo punished and that is an issue. Jump 2 can be anti aired by standing 3 and HM gets beat out by MMH's standing 3 as well. But besides those things the reason MMh beats him is he not only can play a keepaway game and force shazam to come in by using orbs, pillars, and etc. He can also rush him down with a multitude of mixups and setups as well. Teleport does help shazam, but it isn't hard to predict when shazam will do it because they will want to avoid MMH's setups, which means orb setups and etc. can be a bait for shazam's teleport preemptively.

Vinci212

Hungry Game Dev
I feel like some of these match-up numbers are giving MMH too much credit. Granted he has great tools but these match-up numbers seem to be playing off the fact that you are consistently keeping someone out and they are never getting in. If there were no stage interactables, and if people continue to use push-block in an unintelligent way I could see these being true. I think ultimately you will see Nightwing and Flash blowing him up pretty easily, I have a few other match-ups I think he comes in short with but I want to investigate further with the new patch to make sure this is true.

hmm i could see WW being 5-5, but then any match with her could be that way once she gets in. but just personally it feels more 6-4 Martian, because of his zoning abilities.
but i do not play tournament players, so take that with a grain of salt.
I haven't ran into a WW yet, so i'll leave it as is and since I know she has ways to get in on zoners, i'm pretty fine with 5 5 as of now, if someone could tag foxy or redeyes or any other WW, that'd be nice.

I feel like some of these match-up numbers are giving MMH too much credit. Granted he has great tools but these match-up numbers seem to be playing off the fact that you are consistently keeping someone out and they are never getting in. If there were no stage interactables, and if people continue to use push-block in an unintelligent way I could see these being true. I think ultimately you will see Nightwing and Flash blowing him up pretty easily, I have a few other match-ups I think he comes in short with but I want to investigate further with the new patch to make sure this is true.
you are forgetting the fact that MMH doesn't just have to zone, his rushdown game is very deadly. Also he possesses a very strong corner game as well. I'm not denying that Nightwing could be 5-5 for sure, I'll change it since I believe he has the tools to fight MMH, but MMh isn't all zoning for sure, he has a very dangerous up close game and one of the most useful traits for sure. He only loses maybe to AM and DD, but nightwing and flash and nightwing are not going to get in for free without a doubt because they lack an effective way to check MMH like AM or a trait to get you in quick like DD.
MITDJT I think the GL mu number is about right.
thanks, i'll work on it more with DJT and change it if necessary
did you just tag the banned account someone made when reo changed his name to steal his name?
Huh? my fault lol, will fix that
I think vs Raven it's 6-4 mmh MITDJT
I was kind of leaning this way as well, thanks for the input.

JnTonioo

Yurp
idk i always thought DS vs MMH is 5-5 i could be wrong, and yea i think Aquaman beats MMH i fought one earlier he was usin his water shield made it hard for me to do aanything but maybe i need more exp in that MU.

idk i always thought DS vs MMH is 5-5 i could be wrong, and yea i think Aquaman beats MMH i fought one earlier he was usin his water shield made it hard for me to do aanything but maybe i need more exp in that MU.
yeah true, DS does have a solid game up close with his f3 and etc. I'll play it more for sure.

Uber

Noob
well you can't forget, shazam's tele can definitely be blown up because it has recovery, so shazam has to be aware of that. B2 3 is a lot better now, but on block, it can be full combo punished and that is an issue. Jump 2 can be anti aired by standing 3 and HM gets beat out by MMH's standing 3 as well. But besides those things the reason MMh beats him is he not only can play a keepaway game and force shazam to come in by using orbs, pillars, and etc. He can also rush him down with a multitude of mixups and setups as well. Teleport does help shazam, but it isn't hard to predict when shazam will do it because they will want to avoid MMH's setups, which means orb setups and etc. can be a bait for shazam's teleport preemptively.
I don't think 3 has as much range as HM unless MMH has trait on. But anyways, Shazam is gonna want to whiff punish those max range 3s. B2 can be made safer by not using the followup 3 all the time. Against a good portion of the cast, B2 can be hit confirmed into HM. I just don't think its really that easy to keep shazam out. MMH lacks a horizontal moving projectile, which is what usually what causes Shazam problems. His dash covers so much distance.

I don't think 3 has as much range as HM unless MMH has trait on. But anyways, Shazam is gonna want to whiff punish those max range 3s. B2 can be made safer by not using the followup 3 all the time. Against a good portion of the cast, B2 can be hit confirmed into HM. I just don't think its really that easy to keep shazam out. MMH lacks a horizontal moving projectile, which is what usually what causes Shazam problems. His dash covers so much distance.

but you have to worry about orbs since shazam can only teleport forward, which is a big issue. Also standing 3 from MMH can be used as an AA without trait being on. B2 has range, but isn't very fast and can be avoided or just blocked because it provides no advantage. Trait comes back fast for MMH as well, so he'll be able to use it multiple times in a fight. If Shazam is able to get MMH in the corner, he'll be in good hands or just a knocked can help him out for sure. Only issue is, MMH's push has a huge hitbox and the only way you are going to counter it is by backing off (which is not what shazam wants to do), or by using meter burn f3/b3 to blow it up. Also you always have to be aware of MMH's tele because it can catch any character off guard for sure. But besides all the defensive options of MMH, he has plenty of ways to mix up shazam as well. You can tele to get out of setups, but since that is the obvious escape route, MMH can counter Shazam's tele because of its recovery. I'm open to play this for sure though if you are on PSN.