What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Mileena MKX Mileena MU Chart v2

Also one more thing. I think a lot of people, non Mileena mains especially, tend to confuse her corner game with her OKI game. Her oki game in the corner is very strong. her corner pressure, imo, isn't as strong.

Jolt

Uprise
His air movement makes him get around her pretty easily, he can full combo punish F44 on block (not sure if his S1 is 6 frames but he can also use EX spin and punish it, he can armor inbetween 21U4 and if she only does 21 to "bait it" his spin will punish it on block.
I think Piercing is the way to go against him just because he doesn't have much gaps to blow up and on wake up EX fade is almost useless since he can set-up an orbiting hat oki and EX fade will become worthless, he can easily break her wake-ups and that only means that you will have to hold all his pressure. We all know that AAing him is a pain in the ass as well.
He doesn't have a 6f anything. He's designed the same way she is in that Spin (for Mileena, Roll) is his fastest button. Everything is centered around that one tool. I understand that's mostly irrelevant for the discussion, just some trivia since I knew the answer lol.

His ability to punish f44 on block and also have the ability to armor the gap DOES become an issue, I completely agree there. I'd have to hit the lab to be sure, but I think 21~EX Roll beats out 21~EX Spin AND a backdash attempt. Risk/Reward is just about equal in that regard from every single 21, assuming that both players have a bar, the risk is big on both sides. Only way that isn't the case (to my knowledge) is if 21 EX roll is a true block string, but I don't think it is. Admittedly don't know because it's not something I use often at all lol. It isn't even a mixup.

It has been a while since I played the MU, but doesn't raw roll low profile the orbiting hat if Lao isn't blocking (trying to throw out 11212 meaty on top of hat)? Even if not, EX fade pretty often eats the hat for you with the invincibility, though I fully acknowledge that there is a timing that would prevent that from happening.

With Lao in particular, you can do things such as EX fade through his attempted air attacks but I do agree with you that his air mobility makes it really easy to get in on Mileena, that's something I didn't consider.

I'd definitely after hearing your argument say that Lao probably does have an advantage and it's for sure no more than a 6-4, but I'm hesitant in saying that it's even quite a 6-4.

Now that I say this, I'm going to end up getting DESTROYED by a Lao at KIT lol. I just feel like it's a MU in which it will be 97% player skill and Mileena in herself doesn't struggle too terribly in the MU. I can say with CERTAINTY she doesn't win it though lol. Not even close. It's either even or he wins.

Back on Piercing, Lao is one of few characters who actually has to respect her + frames, not necessarily after b12 because of range, but stuff like 12, 123, etc. He can do what? Spin? Even then, he's at risk of being beaten or trading.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
He doesn't have a 6f anything. He's designed the same way she is in that Spin (for Mileena, Roll) is his fastest button. Everything is centered around that one tool. I understand that's mostly irrelevant for the discussion, just some trivia since I knew the answer lol.

His ability to punish f44 on block and also have the ability to armor the gap DOES become an issue, I completely agree there. I'd have to hit the lab to be sure, but I think 21~EX Roll beats out 21~EX Spin AND a backdash attempt. Risk/Reward is just about equal in that regard from every single 21, assuming that both players have a bar, the risk is big on both sides. Only way that isn't the case (to my knowledge) is if 21 EX roll is a true block string, but I don't think it is. Admittedly don't know because it's not something I use often at all lol. It isn't even a mixup.

It has been a while since I played the MU, but doesn't raw roll low profile the orbiting hat if Lao isn't blocking (trying to throw out 11212 meaty on top of hat)? Even if not, EX fade pretty often eats the hat for you with the invincibility, though I fully acknowledge that there is a timing that would prevent that from happening.

With Lao in particular, you can do things such as EX fade through his attempted air attacks but I do agree with you that his air mobility makes it really easy to get in on Mileena, that's something I didn't consider.

I'd definitely after hearing your argument say that Lao probably does have an advantage and it's for sure no more than a 6-4, but I'm hesitant in saying that it's even quite a 6-4.

Now that I say this, I'm going to end up getting DESTROYED by a Lao at KIT lol. I just feel like it's a MU in which it will be 97% player skill and Mileena in herself doesn't struggle too terribly in the MU. I can say with CERTAINTY she doesn't win it though lol. Not even close. It's either even or he wins.

Back on Piercing, Lao is one of few characters who actually has to respect her + frames, not necessarily after b12 because of range, but stuff like 12, 123, etc. He can do what? Spin? Even then, he's at risk of being beaten or trading.
I'd say the risk-reward on 21~EX roll is in his favor because he can just block it, there's no mix-up. While if he has a bar and we don't have one he will punish it 100% of the times. Also a good Lao won't just 11212, he will use a mix between that string, B321, D4 so waking up on him is nearly impossible and most of the times orbiting hat will hit her on block after EX fade which means he is now at + frames :/ and yeah, IMO it's the "easiest" one of her hard MUs but he is a pain in the ass to fight in general so.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
damn i forgot about the household name of doombawkz.

i mean it's not like i've placed at majors before or anything. sorry i haven't met your standards in mkx so far because i haven't been playing much. but i guess that deserves you blowing me up for my name merely getting mentioned (you're both free btw)
People know my name and people know I'm a tech guy, thats really as much as there is to me. :p And lbsh, no you didn't forget. Don't even pretend.
And thats exactly the thing, you haven't been playing much. I already said you're a good player and a good guy, but you haven't been doing anything huge recently.
If you wanna take it as a blow up though then sure, I'll MM you at some tourney somewhere if I ever travel. Maybe to CEO if you're going?
If Doombawks was an actual Pug with a top Hat and monocle then....I guess people would recognize him.
I mean people do recognize me sooooo... No pug with top hat needed? Also it has a z at the end.
I'm just looking at OP's matchup chart and it seems like he's not giving her any bad matchups.
I think some of the numbers might either be placeholders or reversed by accident, as I think one of them is listing "6-4" when it should be "4-6".

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
People know my name and people know I'm a tech guy, thats really as much as there is to me. :p And lbsh, no you didn't forget. Don't even pretend.
And thats exactly the thing, you haven't been playing much. I already said you're a good player and a good guy, but you haven't been doing anything huge recently.
If you wanna take it as a blow up though then sure, I'll MM you at some tourney somewhere if I ever travel. Maybe to CEO if you're going?
Tbh all I've really known about you is that you get dramatic on TYM and have a lame gimmick you think is funny. So idk why you're trying to blow anyone up whether it be me or jpb

i've faced a handful of skilled jax players. i feel mileena has the tools to play a strong neutral against him in piercing. jax's zoning is pretty ass so mileena is free to toss sais freely and duck his energy wave with low sai too. while it is a struggle against him in the corner, a d3 is definitely not the be all end all solution to keeping mileena in the corner. that's complete crap.
This is true. Sai zoning can annoy him. You do have to be careful of EX OH Punch though within range. If he has a life lead in HW or Pumped Up, you also have to be careful of trading with missiles or ground pounds.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
While I appreciate the approval, its really fine. Revolver can feel however he likes towards me, don't add to the problem by adding more fuel to the flame.
I'm sure you came to discuss some MU, so lay down some knowledge. It'll all diffuse itself in time, you know it. Might as well keep your butt covered so people don't think you've become part of it.
If we all get warnings for derailing, thats fine. I don't want that for you though, so lets be part of the solution, eh? :)
Post deleted. I'll leave the remnants of it in your quotation to do with what you will.
I might not wear it on my sleeve but I'm an Erron Black main who uses Piercing on occasion. I play against a high-level Ethereal player every few days and I'm pretty sure we know the matchup to heart, at least as far as the current meta goes.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Post deleted. I'll leave the remnants of it in your quotation to do with what you will.
I might not wear it on my sleeve but I'm an Erron Black main who uses Piercing on occasion. I play against a high-level Ethereal player every few days and I'm pretty sure we know the matchup to heart, at least as far as the current meta goes.
I went ahead and pulled mine too. If it happens to come up again, its not on us.
What does piercing actually do? I've played against it a few times and it looks like a standard multi-jab type deal with some decent armor breaking, but I don't see anything else much aside from it feeds an obnoxious amount of bar into the opponent.
Whats the EB v Ethereal mu look like?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
how is lao mileena 5-5...
The numbers, as far as I can tell, are mostly placeholders (since in the spoilers they are all listed as N/A) so strike up the discussion about the MU and what does what and when.
The sort of "living" MU chart type deal where it changes as people discuss it I think.

TheGoldenJew

PSN: The_Golden_Jew1
The numbers, as far as I can tell, are mostly placeholders (since in the spoilers they are all listed as N/A) so strike up the discussion about the MU and what does what and when.
The sort of "living" MU chart type deal where it changes as people discuss it I think.
Making a mu chart based off of playing randoms online isnt real lol... And id like to know where some numbers as far as 'this mu up may be 5.5-4.5 mileenas favor' come from..like ur just throwing numbers out explain ur .5 that makes no sense

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Making a mu chart based off of playing randoms online isnt real lol... And id like to know where some numbers as far as 'this mu up may be 5.5-4.5 mileenas favor' come from..like ur just throwing numbers out explain ur .5 that makes no sense
I can't tell if you read my post or not, but for the sake of repeating I'll say again

" strike up the discussion about the MU and what does what and when." This isn't about the list, its about whats going on it. If you think its wrong, tell or show us why. Thats how it becomes right in the end.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
0.5 is pretty weak and there is no such thing as winning half a match. It is either a winning or a losing match up. If it is actually 0.5 you have advantage and win, therefore it is a 6. If it is not a clear win, it is a 5. Have the courage of your convictions and make the hard decisions people!!! :D