What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Mileena MKX Mileena MU Chart v2

Ns_Brutalmileena

Wheres Mileener!BRUH
I've taken a break as of late with my post, because I was going postal as fuck. Online is online, offline is going to be a tall order in alot of these match ups, I don't like to talk about saltface, because people go all here we go again.
He is the most proven, played offline at high lvl Mileena in THIS PATCH! THISPATCH!!! He like glue praised her move set, defended her options, and said there was nothing she couldn't overcome...... News for ya glue he is on record saying he was wrong, she is great and can overcome any opponent with her move set, but it is astronomically HARDER. This doesnt equal top tier.........He to told us she was A tier, he then opened up months later to pig about her standings and everything even apologizing.....anyone can be wrong, some have road not only this rollercoaster, but only this rollercoaster from the start waiting for someone to prove otherwise.

We will be waiting.......

PS f3 online boyz
PSS b12 online boyz
PSSS online 21u4 not punished boyz
PSSSS online f44 not punished boyz
PSSSSS online ballroll making people nervous unpunishable boyz lol! And nervous from teleport kick lol!
PSSSSSS online unpunished low sai boyz
Last one::::: PS Mileena generally carried by lack of match up experience boyz across the board....

When top tourney players start labbing her and blocking her basic strings, you will see where all these OPTIONS take you, but since I can see the future lol I'll give you a hint (patch's done!!!! Low mid tier)) PLZ NRS111

All my PS are here for one point, alot of people keep forgetting this game isn't balanced around what you get away with online. I want the empress to have a shot at majors and evo, SORRY. Other top players would love for you to shoot yourself in the foot on the brink of an upcoming patch....Goodjob!!<_<

After that whole back and forth with all of us downplaying mileena in the UK tier list thread, DJT still put her bottom 6 I wonder why????? LoL!!!!!!! He Knows the match up probably better then any none Mileena player offline, she ain't shit bruh.

TLDR::::: ESL performance/ranked match doesn't = offline balance or a basis to state a tier placement, never has been never will be............madzin, foxy, ketchup, and mustard would have a field MOP! Lol I mean a MOP day lol! Ok i got this, MOP!!!!! that mileena, believe that! Offline

Last edited:

Cameronwinss

Hay gurl hay
I didn't know she went even with Tanya and Cassie. I didn't know those match ups were that trivial. I didn't know her worst match up was kang bc jax is definitely in the game with amazing pressure and fast as fuck standing 1. I....didn't know.....Her matches could be found out and mastered with randoms in Ranked online.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
In order to whiff punish most D4's after a blocked B12 the B12 must be blocked at a pretty far range which means they can also walk back and our next B1 will whiff.
B12 pressure is pretty overrated tbh but it's good for sure. It's not like Tanya's reakkas or something.
B12 is plus 2. You talk when Mileena gets her turn but exactly when? Kotal has 6f pokes, 9f mid with hella range and plus frame he doesn't care about your +2. "If he does a d4 he can low profile b1 but if mileena takes a step back the d4 will whiff allowing her to punish it with a b1" this won't work on his d1 it has much better recovery on whiff. Yea sure she can zone Kotal but once he gets in.....
If you go for B12 and move back to avoid long range D4s you do not need to worry about the next B1 whiffing as you can just use Roll as a whiff punish. D4s seem to have quite a bit of recovery and if you anticipate the counter poke whiffing it is an easy punish. Something I have been doing for quite a while.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
If you go for B12 and move back to avoid long range D4s you do not need to worry about the next B1 whiffing as you can just use Roll as a whiff punish. D4s seem to have quite a bit of recovery and if you anticipate the counter poke whiffing it is an easy punish. Something I have been doing for quite a while.
The thing is that they won't D4 all the time, and at that range then can also walk back but I didn't know that! Thanks for the tip, I will mess around with it tomorrow!

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I really think this character online is nothing like her offline. She could be good offline or whatever, but if you're basing any of these mus on online play then it's just objectively wrong

It's taboo to make online mu charts especially in nrs games and this character is exactly why

Last edited:
You do realise that in any MU were that isn't possible, you can just block the D4 and throw B12 down their throat again simply because its an amazing string. And any walk back can walked in on, again it forces the opponent to react on every single exchange.
Wanted to chime in and say this is not true. If you block a D4, or rather a D3, with low negative blockstun, the opponent CAN mash out another poke that low profiles your B1 attempt, which gives them their turn back.

Yes, you can poke back with your own D3/D4, but the issue is that there's not much she can do to stop this mashing EXCEPT switch to defense. For the record, I don't think B1 needs to kill low-profiles as it already kills jumping and backdash. But how many "plus on block" strings do you know of where you're forced to stop your offense even if they don't have meter?

So what would make it "God like"?

Do you want to constantly throw 9 frames of pure mid down someones throat over and over?

Because if the opponent had no viable options to escape, then you couldn't open them up for doing so.
This is also not necessarily true. You take chip damage in this game... for everything. Nobody is gonna sit there and take repeated B12s until they die. And I'm building meter too?! They WILL do something eventually. Does that not count as "opening them up"?

If you bait them to armor they've been opened up. If you bait them to backdash or whatever, They're opening up. You'd be right if this was Street Fighter, but I don't care how patient you are, in MKX, when you're watching your lifebar decrease and my meter increase, you'll try something.

Again, I disagree that B12 needs to be true mid. I feel like that'd make her a lot more boring to play.
This is not a "fix B1" issue. This is a "speed up her low pokes" issue.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I think people are really missing how good a footsie tool b12 is. Everyone seems quite concerned with how people can counter the plus frames, without realising that there are more things to the string than just doing it over and over again.

People also seem to be underestimating the range and recovery of the string, as well as the fact that it doesn't really move her hurtbox forward. Whiff punishing this string can be very tricky, unlike most of the other advancing mids in the game.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
He's right. Whiff punishing b12 is hard. Adds to her solid neutral game. She doesn't shine anywhere particular though.

I think people are really missing how good a footsie tool b12 is. Everyone seems quite concerned with how people can counter the plus frames, without realising that there are more things to the string than just doing it over and over again.

People also seem to be underestimating the range and recovery of the string, as well as the fact that it doesn't really move her hurtbox forward. Whiff punishing this string can be very tricky, unlike most of the other advancing mids in the game.
We're not discounting any of that, lol. It seems more the other way around. People ignore its faults, so it's appearing way more overwhelming than it should be, honestly.

I'm just curious as to what has changed. She's always had this move. We've ALWAYS said it was good. I thought giving this move plus frames would be sooo OP. But it didn't end up changing much at all. So much so, I'm beginning to think the plus frames were accidental when they were fixing the whiff recovery.

This is my take on her MU's as on now. My main variation is Piercing, hence the main focus on those numbers. For Ethereal, I gave it more of the benefit of the doubt since tool wise, it doesn't seem to "lose" to anyone other than herself in Piercing, nor does it dominate anyone.

No genuine experience on Ferra/Torr and some 5-5s such as with Liu Kang, I can "see" how it can be viewed as a losing MU or like a 4.5-5.5, but with tools both characters have along with MU experience, it just feels like a hard 5-5; dead even but heavily reliant on reactionary play and momentum based.

*The best way to view it, would be to right-click the image, and select view in another tab, or something along those lines so you don't get a drastic zoom in.

*Side note: This layout more or less DOES allow me to also do the same thing for every other character since all I would need to do would be to edit the variation titles at the top, so if ANY other mains are interested in this layout as well, PM me

this must be your ONLINE matchup chart, offline Kitana doesnt loose to mileena, your an amazing online warrior, but you abuse the onliness too much, wont work offline, funny chart tho.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
There are a couple of factors involved to make the F3 stand a chance of landing in a real match, apart from a well timed knockdown.

People don't seem to understand that landing a B12 on hit in the neutral is a good thing, as you are guaranteed another B12 and even better, a B21, which is Mid then low, that can't be avoided. So the correct block is always low after B12, so that scenario gives a F3 a better chance of landing, and in theory, a better chance than F4 will ever have of landing as opponents should actually never be stand blocking on first call after anything Mileena hits you with.

Because Mileena's 21 and B21, the opponent spends more time first reacting with a low block instead of standing block, because standing will open you up.

When you re-stand the opponent in the corner with B121+3 DD2, the same scenario is presented, and remember that you are playing against a human, not a machine.

Their timing can be messed with, and they can be conditioned.
UFG I love you but you're going down the dark path of low tier logic, and I've been down this road before with a few other TYMers. Consider this an intervention.

Yes, on paper, a lot of Mileena's tools are "good" — an 11 frame advancing mid that's +2 certainly sounds enviable — until you realize that the competition in this game have the exact same thing, except they lead to pressure that's +12 and leaves them point blank to do whatever the hell they want on block with better trump cards than roll that are much safer.

You are falling into the trap of not taking the entire cast's tools into account while talking about Mileena's. Context, in this case, is extremely important. You're absolutely correct that Mileena is not Tanya, but while Tanya, Lao, et. al. are running the show, they are indeed the benchmark by which we need to gauge Mileena's viability.

Speaking of Tanya and Lao, (and going back to your point about landing b12 in neutral being "a good thing"), compare this kind of "pressure" to that of Tanya, Lao, Liu Kang, or even Scorpion — they can all hit confirm their block pressure into full combos into oki setups. When you consider this, having the so-called "freedom" to condition your opponent with b21 and then with a 33 frame overhead sounds straight-up laughable.

Please, I implore you to see reason. Step off that ledge and see Mileena for who she really is — a temptress leading you down a path of depression and self-loathing. We love you and only want what's best for you!

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I mean... It's not like it's been known by every Mileena player that her best asset is her neutral game. Oh wait...

We know B12 is a very good string, but it has weaknesses and honestly when you compare it to strings like D'vorah's F112, Cassie's B124, Kotal's F12, Jax's F21 and a few others it's not THAT good.

Also people seem to ignore tha fact that 99% of jump kicks beat AA roll, so the whole "you can't leave the ground against her" is completely false.

I mean... It's not like it's been known by every Mileena player that her best asset is her neutral game. Oh wait...

We know B12 is a very good string, but it has weaknesses and honestly when you compare it to strings like D'vorah's F112, Cassie's B124, Kotal's F12, Jax's F21 and a few others it's not THAT good.

Also people seem to ignore tha fact that 99% of jump kicks beat AA roll, so the whole "you can't leave the ground against her" is completely false.
I can see the argument for their side being why would you use a jumpkick when you get combos for jump punches? In which case, I get it. Not everyone can get good damage like Scorpion or Kitana off jumpkicks.

Still just like in MK9, people will eventually realize they need to use Jumpkicks to force Mileena to stop Rolling before going for big damage. But what do I know? I didn't make top 8.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I can see the argument for their side being why would you use a jumpkick when you get combos for jump punches? In which case, I get it. Not everyone can get good damage like Scorpion or Kitana off jumpkicks.

Still just like in MK9, people will eventually realize they need to use Jumpkicks to force Mileena to stop Rolling before going for big damage. But what do I know? I didn't make top 8.
Yeah, I like how they like the argument of Mileena having to armor to condition her oponents but they don't agree that conditioning her with JK is needed.
Also some characters can use JP on her IMO, some characters like Lao, Sub, Jax and a few others have very hard to AA jump punches.

GQJ

Noob
IDK man, while I am quite fond of Cassie and her B1....string, there are some weaknesses that it has that I do not see with Mileena's.

1. Dat Gap, (obviously). Mileena can punish without armor! So badass.

2. B1 and B12 are -7 and -6 respectively, now some ppl have said that you can stagger these, and I see some credibility with that argument, but the videos that I have seen have had mixed results (eg the when Sonicfox played DJT's Tremor, he hardly used B12, except for "whiff confirmation" and it isn't like you cant poke out of it (I saw that in a vid as well). Even then, IMO it does not compare to Lao's B3, which has a faster recovery than B1 or B12 AND is -3 on block. Referring back to point 1, I would think that the gap present B124 makes the threat of a stagger difficult to enforce.

3. Her B1 is practically her only mid, whereas Milleena has B1, B2, and F2. Her other ranged normals (F2 and B2) are highs. So it isn't as if Cassie has options IMO without establishing the threat of B1. To be fair B1's range is molded by the Gods. And like you said before, Cassie can just stay out range ofeverybody.

You probably already know this stuff, I am just trying to make the argument that B124 isn't leagues better than Mileena's B12, based on the case made for/against B12.

Do not know that much about those other guys, so feel free to compare to Mileena if you would like :).

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
IDK man, while I am quite fond of Cassie and her B1....string, there are some weaknesses that it has that I do not see with Mileena's.

1. Dat Gap, (obviously). Mileena can punish without armor! So badass.

2. B1 and B12 are -7 and -6 respectively, now some ppl have said that you can stagger these, and I see some credibility with that argument, but the videos that I have seen have had mixed results (eg the when Sonicfox played DJT's Tremor, he hardly used B12, except for "whiff confirmation" and it isn't like you cant poke out of it (I saw that in a vid as well). Even then, IMO it does not compare to Lao's B3, which has a faster recovery than B1 or B12 AND is -3 on block. Referring back to point 1, I would think that the gap present B124 makes the threat of a stagger difficult to enforce.

3. Her B1 is practically her only mid, whereas Milleena has B1, B2, and F3. Her other ranged normals (F2 and B2) are highs. So it isn't as if Cassie has options IMO without establishing the threat of B1. To be fair B1's range is molded by the Gods. And like you said before, Cassie can just say out range everybody.

You probably already know this stuff, I am just trying to make the argument that B124 isn't leagues better than B12, based on the case made for/against B12.

Do not know that much about those other guys, so feel free to compare to Mileena if you would like :).
Mileena's B1 and F2 are her only good footsie fools. F3 and B2 as footsie tools are not a thing (B2 in Rav and Ethereal is). Also Cassie's B1 range is what makes it super good, and the fact that people have to guess between armoring or not is better than Mileena's since Cassie can actually make use of her + frames.
Not to mention she can always do B12~EX flipkick and stay safe on block and launching her oponent on hit. (I'm not sure if you can hit confirm B12) while hit confirming Mileena's B12 into roll is very hard, if not impossible.

Also what do you mean by "Mileena can punish it without armor"? She can't.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me

3. Her B1 is practically her only mid, whereas Milleena has B1, B2, and F3. Her other ranged normals (F2 and B2) are highs. So it isn't as if Cassie has options IMO without establishing the threat of B1. To be fair B1's range is molded by the Gods. And like you said before, Cassie can just say out range everybody.

You probably already know this stuff, I am just trying to make the argument that B124 isn't leagues better than B12, based on the case made for/against B12.

im assuming when talking about Mileena's F3 as a mid you meant her F2?