What's new

MK11 SHANG TSUNG Discussion

Zviko

Noob
Did B1D2KB change ruin his Reptile KB combo in Soul Eater? I can't time it anymore. Talking about 1 bar so only S4 into Reptile. Rain - Reptile still works.

Is it just me or did warlock lose like 50+ damage with kbs? Iv likely just gone loopy, thought b1 d2 set up 37%. Maybe it was just the uppercut.

was looking at the soul eater combos and the6 just dont seem practical in a match with uber lag. The timing window to connect after d2 is too strict and inconsisten. Wouldnt it be netter to stick with

B1d2kb, 3 into rain kick, 3 u2, ermac lift mb, d2. 415.74

Or was that just to show d2 can be combo3d?

In corner its hard to connect s3 so substitute s2 into rain for 399

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
was looking at the soul eater combos and the6 just dont seem practical in a match with uber lag. The timing window to connect after d2 is too strict and inconsisten. Wouldnt it be netter to stick with

B1d2kb, 3 into rain kick, 3 u2, ermac lift mb, d2. 415.74

Or was that just to show d2 can be combo3d?

In corner its hard to connect s3 so substitute s2 into rain for 399
I honestly don't know what the optimal combos were before but it might be better damage for one bar, but the main point is that you will get the maximum amount of damage if they breakaway when doing a D2. And if they don't break, you get a good combo

Zviko

Noob
A Krushing Blow only adding 40 damage is def a waste of resources imo. Better used elsewhere
Not at all. Elsewhere? Where? In the neutral from full range? That's crazy because requirement range is pretty tight so you can easily miss judge the distance and do pretty shity damage for 1 bar, not to mention it's death on block. This KB was always the easiest (and safest) to get in a combo either after amplified Rain or right after D2/B1D2 KB since you only spend 1 bar that way.

You swear on this "new combo route" even though it does only 8 more damage than the old waaay easier one but using a KB which is hard to get otherwise for 40 additional damage with the same meter resources is a waste?

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Not at all. Elsewhere? Where? In the neutral from full range? That's crazy because requirement range is pretty tight so you can easily miss judge the distance and do pretty shity damage for 1 bar, not to mention it's death on block. This KB was always the easiest (and safest) to get in a combo either after amplified Rain or right after D2/B1D2 KB since you only spend 1 bar that way.

You swear on this "new combo route" even though it does only 8 more damage than the old waaay easier one but using a KB which is hard to get otherwise for 40 additional damage with the same meter resources is a waste?
j3 Reptile KB does 313. Hell of a lot better than 40 lol
Wont come out on block either. So there's no risk. They block, you just end up with plus frames.

Zviko

Noob
j3 Reptile KB does 313. Hell of a lot better than 40 lol
Whait what?
First of all, J3 Reptile KB is the most inconsistent way of getting this KB. 2nd, do you see what you just did here? You did the exact same thing as me, trying to justify Reptile KB damage compared to some other combo route. Because now I can say you can also do J3 Ermac(also safe) and full combo gets you 26% which is 50 less that your very inconsistent J3 Repitle KB. So why is that not a waste?

Also it's not 40 damage. It's 40 more than your D2 combo. B1D2 KB is 120, S4 gets it up to 176 which means Reptile KB did 212. On it's own it does 279. How the hell was this not worth it?

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Whait what?
First of all, J3 Reptile KB is the most inconsistent way of getting this KB. 2nd, do you see what you just did here? You did the exact same thing as me, trying to justify Reptile KB damage compared to some other combo route. Because now I can say you can also do J3 Ermac(also safe) and full combo gets you 26% which is 50 less that your very inconsistent J3 Repitle KB. So why is that not a waste?

Also it's not 40 damage. It's 40 more than your D2 combo. B1D2 KB is 120, S4 gets it up to 176 which means Reptile KB did 212. On it's own it does 279. How the hell was this not worth it?
I disagree about it being inconsistent. You have more than enough time to confirm if the kick hit at the right range for the KB to work.
You got me on the second part tho.

RAYBAANN

Noob
Here are some Spellmaster games with two/three examples of armor breakers. What do you guys think about the variation itself? IMO, we need more "improvements", this is not enough...

Here are some Spellmaster games with two/three examples of armor breakers. What do you guys think about the variation itself? IMO, we need more "improvements", this is not enough...
I really need to lab spellmaster more. I have barely played it since the beginning. I see some potential. But i'm not sure how strong it is yet. I see special cancelling pokes to be super effective. Also that once move in pressure that eats block and creates combo potential.