What's new

MK11 SHANG TSUNG Discussion

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Premium Supporter
I'm stuck on 17/18 finishers in customize menu tab for shang, tried doing the towers to try get whatever it is (guessing taunt) to unlock but it won't last 2 patches

Anyone have 18/18??

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Can someone help me explain how this is possible ?

So ive watched latest foxy grandpa stream where he plays shang in KL . He often does walk up or dash up 114 and it so often open ppl up . And he confirms into ground eruption combo . I swear like it almost always work for him . Now when I do it online in ranked of whatever ppl almost always block whole string or worse i get d2 kb bc they mashed or they just poke me . I dont understand it , like hes not doing anything special I do same thing but for him it works , for me not so much :(

Zviko

Noob

So ive watched latest foxy grandpa stream where he plays shang in KL . He often does walk up or dash up 114 and it so often open ppl up . And he confirms into ground eruption combo . I swear like it almost always work for him . Now when I do it online in ranked of whatever ppl almost always block whole string or worse i get d2 kb bc they mashed or they just poke me . I dont understand it , like hes not doing anything special I do same thing but for him it works , for me not so much :(
The difference is probably your opponents. They don't know what shimmy is so they don't fall for it. They do know how to mash though.

Get use to dissapointment and inconsistency playing shang. He has 0 scary preasure, everything is unsafe, with almost all his needed strings having flawless block gaps. Iyou have to get lucky and hope someone doesnt really know the matchup. Its a factor of luck in a sea of slot machine guesses since all the good characters have staggers that make you guess in a fraction of a second if you can press a button. Get use to just fighting with the block button and hope they have a heart attack during the match.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes

It's all conditioning, he tends to be very aggressive with throws(which makes people get hit by 11) and has the neutral control to make people respect his offense enough that he doesn't often get blown up for doing too many throws/highs. It's been a while since I've watched him though