What's new

MK11 SHANG TSUNG Discussion

A few questions for everyone who's already got him:
How do you unlock his intros, outros, brutals, etc.? Or are they base unlocked?

How many skins does he have unlocked at the start?

Are there any screenshots of his complete move set from the kustomization screen?

Which moves are base moves?

Thanks!

LOL. No way that the +1 is remaining. No character in this game has an advantage on blocked jabs.

Not to force a knee-jerk reaction out of anyone, but do you or @Marinjuana find Spellmaster underwhelming, at least in comparison to Warlock? Spellmaster has limited juggling capabilities and slow projectiles from what I have observed thus far.
Cetrion says hi with her +3 on block s1

How many skins does he have unlocked at the start?

Are there any screenshots of his complete move set from the kustomization screen?

Which moves are base moves?

Thanks!
If I remember correctly his outros and intros are all unlocked in towers, can’t remember the rest and I am at work now!

Almost all of his gear, skins, intros, outros and brutalities are earned in his character tower. You get a lot more gear/skins at the character towers compared to regular characters though. For example you get skins and gear for the first 3 towers whereas you only get skins and gear from the 3rd tower onwards on regular character towers.

I guess pretty much everything will be unlocked aside from a handful of AI rewards and timed ToTs when you've finished his 5 character tower stages.

At the start he has like 2 costumes unlocked with 3 or 4 color variations for his base skin and if you got the combat pack you get the movie outfit with 2 color variations on top of that.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
LOL. No way that the +1 is remaining. No character in this game has an advantage on blocked jabs.

Not to force a knee-jerk reaction out of anyone, but do you or @Marinjuana find Spellmaster underwhelming, at least in comparison to Warlock? Spellmaster has limited juggling capabilities and slow projectiles from what I have observed thus far.
Jax has plus on block 12 and I think 1 but its incorrectly listed I believe.

Are you talking about his second tournament variation? Cuz I think its strong just very weird. That DF3 cancels into a projectile that is +10 on fullscreen and has tons of hitstun full screen allowing combo from almost full screen. He also has a thing he puts up in the air that works like blood totem that gives health back but is triggered manually and has a time limit but gives a lot of health back, based off how much damage you deal before popping it off.

Last edited:

LawAbidingCitizen

@16 Bit
Can you add this to things to patch. Shouldn't that part of the string be considered a projectile? It kinda sucks that parries punish B2112 full screen.

Amazing job on Shang he is absolutely strong yet honest. Not broke but I love him. The animations are awesome and so satisfying. The entire time the game has been out no character fit me personally they all felt like they where missing something. Shang was that, I'm Komplete now! It has begun!

LawAbidingCitizen

Shang Tsung is definitely strong but very honest. Its the honeymoon phase right now but I'm seeing flaws that will break him once others learn the matchup. Certain characters can punish him on slot but he is good everywhere. I love him. He has 50/50s with a huge gap but you can condition it(maybe not once people learn the mu)
B3D4 is a low, low and has a low hitbox made stronger by the fact it starts as a 10f and he has a low overhead B3U4(has a huge gap that can be full combo punished without bar) the U4 low crushes. B11 is an amazing 14f mid mid the second hit advances pretty far.
His zoning is strong and he is good mid range.

Last edited:
There appears to be a bug with Shang Tsung's soul steal move. Sometimes in towers, the move will not allow Shang to transform into the opponent, rendering it basically useless for anything other than base damage.