What's new

MK11 Not Returning as Evo 2020 Mainstage game

Comments

Screw NRS! I’ve said since MK4 came out that all Boon cares about his hairline and you know that too! I wrote letters before Midway even announced MK4 about how beautiful the game was and I said in all the letters “Boon, you have to keep it in 2D though.” And did he listen? Of course not! You saw what happened too! The extra dimension created a lot of issues that we all saw coming, especially when the characters would move into the foreground near a corner.

Look at the smash community, they were playing Smash n64 less than 10 years ago at Evo, why?? Because their leaders actually care about the game and because Sakurai’s not worried about his damn hairline!

We’ve let that bald bastard steal our money for the last 10 years and we keep saying we’ll put our feet down but then we all know what happens when the new MK comes out. I have to pretty much sell everything I own so I can buy whatever console the games on to play it. I do it every god damn time, well not anymore. Can we all just agree to say “F U Boon” and play MK Trilogy at Evo this year??? Marvel 2 is gonna be at Evo this year for Christ’s sake, what’s wrong with everyone??
Lmao why don’t you want this man to have hair? Give my mans a break, he was probably getting his ass lit up in all the board meetings and needed that work done ASAP.

I hope dude debuts the next MK with dreadlocks.

@M2Dave , You are correct. An EVO presence does not dictate the sales of the game as many, most casual fans have no idea of what EVO even is. They know exactly what MK is and they buy every single iteration of the game. The sales are the only thing that matters to the executives and the investors. Nothing in the roadmap for MK11 includes EVO during the C-level meetings, I can assure you all on that. We all live in an FGC bubble where we believe that EVO determines the legitimacy of a given fighting game. In some sense it does but ultimately it is WE who determine the legitimacy of this game if we choose to support and play it. Not EVO.

With that being said, what this does diminish is the legitimacy of the game in the eyes of the "elite FGC" members. They see a game having legs if it appears at EVO and trash if it doesn't. Smarter people know better than that.
This sets MK back, I don’t understand how you don’t see this. Do you know what it took to get MK at Evo in the first place? There’s no other event like Evo, it’s basically the Olympics for fighting games, Guy.

I truly believe this a plot to undermine MK as NRS’ “main game” and it was obvious after the YouTube purge. They’re setting the stage for Injustice to become their “main game” and I can’t believe no one can see this. Boon’s the biggest cash-cow in the industry and after they demonetized MK content, he basically gave us all the finger.

Screw him, we’re the ones that brought MK to Evo in the first place. It’s time to say screw this bald guy and create our own foundation with MK Trilogy. We’ve been begging for MK to truly come back and all we get is the Joker as DLC. I’m ashamed I sold a bunch of my moms jewelry and priceless heirlooms so I could get a new console to play this trash.

We all said 15 years ago we want N64 MK Trilogy at Evo in the 3v3 format and now is the time. Marvel 2 is literally at Evo this year guys!

Lmao why don’t you want this man to have hair? Give my mans a break, he was probably getting his ass lit up in all the board meetings and needed that work done ASAP.

I hope dude debuts the next MK with dreadlocks.
I don’t care if he wants to pull parts of his scalp off and staple ant-legs on his head, I’m just saying the man’s piece is a hot-mess and it looks mangled.

Boon has terrible hair but I’ve never seen hair like a guy I know who’s hacking UMK3. It’s the craziest thing I’ve ever seen, you can see it in pictures too really bad. Especially if there’s any sort of good lighting. He has this perfect hairline, it’s so full and low that he actually shaves a quarter of an inch into the hairline, kinda how guys with braids do it but then the rest of his head is covered in these patches of hair. They look like little wisps of hey feathered up. I do feel bad because I think they’re stressed about their hair loss but I’m telling you this is bologna Guy.

It took a lot to get MK at Evo and if it wasn’t for UMK3’s performance at Road to Evo 2, there wouldn’t have been a MK9 and we wouldn’t be talking about MK11 not being at Evo this year. I’m so ashamed of Boon and a certain “Network” of individuals.

Quit mk11 since the evo announcemnt. Bought a new car, I have an amazing new girlfriend, I make a shitload of money and Im buying a house this spring. I party every weekend, I’m never home. I’m enjoying life. Do yourself a favor. Stop trying to make mk11 a career. It’s cringe as fuck
Cringe as fuck, really? You’re telling me you’d really have the heart to look a little kid in the eyes and tell him that? Are you kidding me? If you ever did that, it would be cringe as fuck if you want me to be completely honest with you but something tells me you’re better than that and would never do such a thing. You can’t be that heartless and if you are then you need to do some serious soul-searching. I can’t imagine someone telling a child that, imagining that makes me very uncomfortable.

This sets MK back, I don’t understand how you don’t see this. Do you know what it took to get MK at Evo in the first place? There’s no other event like Evo, it’s basically the Olympics for fighting games, Guy.

I truly believe this a plot to undermine MK as NRS’ “main game” and it was obvious after the YouTube purge. They’re setting the stage for Injustice to become their “main game” and I can’t believe no one can see this. Boon’s the biggest cash-cow in the industry and after they demonetized MK content, he basically gave us all the finger.

Screw him, we’re the ones that brought MK to Evo in the first place. It’s time to say screw this bald guy and create our own foundation with MK Trilogy. We’ve been begging for MK to truly come back and all we get is the Joker as DLC. I’m ashamed I sold a bunch of my moms jewelry and priceless heirlooms so I could get a new console to play this trash.

We all said 15 years ago we want N64 MK Trilogy at Evo in the 3v3 format and now is the time. Marvel 2 is literally at Evo this year guys!
I must feel this way because I'm a full grown adult who sees the innocence in this. I see no conspiracy to make Injustice the "main" game at EVO. It is ridiculous to even assume that Ed Boon, the man who made his living from this series would set out to sabotage it. When I read your post, it sounded like it was coming from a place of pure emotion and not from a place sensibility. Look, I get it, you want the game to share the prestige of being at EVO. I do too. But I will not come to a conclusion or a weird rationalization to explain why it did not get accepted.

And trust me, I do know what it took to get the game recognized by the FGC and eventually, EVO. Way back in the day when MKD was a thing, we all banded together to bring tons of information about the broken mess that MKD was to the developers so that they were aware that we wanted a real fighting game. This planted the seeds for future MK game development as something more than just a fatality showcase. The person who delivered this information was.... me.

Last edited:
I must feel this way because I'm a full grown adult who sees the innocence in this. I see no conspiracy to make Injustice the "main" game at EVO. It is ridiculous to even assume that Ed Boon, the man who made his living from this series would set out to sabotage it. When I read your post, it sounded like it was coming from a place of pure emotion and not from a place of common sense. Look, I get it, you want the game to share the prestige of being at EVO. I do too. But I will not come to a conclusion or a weird rationalization to explain why it did not get accepted.

And trust me, I do know what it took to get the game recognized by the FGC and eventually, EVO. Way back in the day when MKD was a thing, we all banded together to bring tons of information about the broken mess that MKD was to the developers so that they were aware that we wanted a real fighting game. This planted the seeds for future MK game development as something more than just a fatality showcase. The person who delivered this information was.... me.
This does come from a place of emotion but what I’m saying is not some crazy conspiracy theory. It’s just true, they’re not going to be able to monetize MK, especially these new ones and we all know that Boon has two things on his mind. His shekels and his hairline, that’s it. That man is about as deep as puddle and he couldn’t care less about the integrity of this game. He cares about money and I get it but it’s time we just say screw this bald guy and support ourselves.

We’ve been begging him to remake MK Trilogy and he keeps selling us this bullshit. We can bring Trilogy to Evo, we don’t need Boon and we don’t need this new dimensionally-confused sequels with interactables either. He knows he can’t monetize his kontent so he’s selling us short for Injustice. It’s plain as day, this guy would sell his own mother up the river if it meant more shekels.

bro I’m curious about hair loss actually... Do you know anything about that?/Products to reccomend?
@MKF30 gave me some great advice on hair loss. I can’t remember if he experienced any hair loss or not but he pointed me to some great videos on YouTube. There’s some really great products out there now that look like the real thing. Binding fibers, sprays and even some super realistic hair-pieces.

A lot of the products are legit too. Like I said, I can’t remember if @MKF30 experienced any hair loss but if he did, his hair is in really good shape now. You’ll see how full and thick it looks, he has a very nice hairline too.

@MKF30 sent me this one

This does come from a place of emotion but what I’m saying is not some crazy conspiracy theory. It’s just true, they’re not going to be able to monetize MK, especially these new ones and we all know that Boon has two things on his mind. His shekels and his hairline, that’s it. That man is about as deep as puddle and he couldn’t care less about the integrity of this game. He cares about money and I get it but it’s time we just say screw this bald guy and support ourselves.

We’ve been begging him to remake MK Trilogy and he keeps selling us this bullshit. We can bring Trilogy to Evo, we don’t need Boon and we don’t need this new dimensionally-confused sequels with interactables either. He knows he can’t monetize his kontent so he’s selling us short for Injustice. It’s plain as day, this guy would sell his own mother up the river if it meant more shekels.
It would be interesting to see MK Trilogy at EVO. The likelihood of them focusing on an MK Trilogy remake vs a full blown AAA title is slim to none. Just think of a board meeting where someone makes a suggestion that states, "You know, I propose we take an old game from 1997 and re-release it as our flagship title for the year. We can rebalance it and perhaps update the visuals a tad since remaking it fully will not be possible without destroying the original feel of the game." That someone will be given their papers and shown the door.

We as fans of nostalgic games want something like that but it also has to make business sense for this day and age. Releasing something like that in light of games like Soul Calibur 6, Tekken, SFV: Champion Edition etc will look really half assed. What they should do is make the corrections to the current game they have and therefore, please the fans. EVO may not have included the game due to censorship, but I might be completely wrong about that.

It would be interesting to see MK Trilogy at EVO. The likelihood of them focusing on an MK Trilogy remake vs a full blown AAA title is slim to none. Just think of a board meeting where someone makes a suggestion that states, "You know, I propose we take an old game from 1997 and re-release it as our flagship title for the year. We can rebalance it and perhaps update the visuals a tad since remaking it fully will not be possible without destroying the original feel of the game." That someone will be given their papers and shown the door.

We as fans of nostalgic games want something like that but it also has to make business sense for this day and age. Releasing something like that in light of games like Soul Calibur 6, Tekken, SFV: Champion Edition etc will look really half assed. What they should do is make the corrections to the current game they have and therefore, please the fans. EVO may not have included the game due to censorship, but I might be completely wrong about that.
I totally see where you’re coming from. I really do and I honestly love the response too because it’s very well thought out but could you just hear me for a second? I believe that announcing a Mortal Kombat Trilogy HD: Online Edition would really generate some attention. I think the announcement would trend #1 on twitter for a full day if Boon ever announced it. It would also put some sense in his bald head that the fans want real MK to come back in its original format. High and Low normals with a run button and there’s no reason a MK like that wouldn’t be successful. Imagine if it had photorealistic graphics to sort of emulate the digitization of original klassics. I think people would lose their minds over it.

The only thing that can save us now is an MK9 remake :DOGE
That's what I am holding out all of my hope for.

It would take an actual paradigm shift of change for this game to get where it ought to be, but too much has already happened that makes it all "meh" together for me, the incomparably choppy and STILL subpar variations system being top of the pile.

But an MK9 rerelease?
Don't have to worry about any of that.
The blueprints are already there in MK9:TE and YEARS worth of accumulated knowledge.
You can take your most hype tournament product ever, and make it perfect.
AND ON TOP OF THAT, you have not only the PERFECT wave of nostalgia to ride from the MvC2 20th anniversary, AND you have this chip on the shoulder to work back from so people root for the underdog/the perceived beaten heel trying to make their face turn.

Maybe. Idk. :coffee: .

I know, I checked both

no it didn't

even combined it was low
1,567 entrants.
Avg. viewership of 51,719 with a peak of 74,987 during day 2 top 8, and these numbers only account for the Evo main channel. The addition of the Netherrealm re-stream would inflate this further. The magic of a Google search.

"Even combined it was low." You can't be serious.

1,567 entrants.
Avg. viewership of 51,719 with a peak of 74,987 during day 2 top 8, and these numbers only account for the Evo main channel. The addition of the Netherrealm re-stream would inflate this further. The magic of a Google search.

"Even combined it was low." You can't be serious.
this number is indeed lower than DBF and Samsho in weaker slots

MK11 had the main event slot of Saturday, it automatically should've been higher.

And it wasn't, DBF nearly doubled it in a weaker slot and less entrants.

Last edited:
Cringe as fuck, really? You’re telling me you’d really have the heart to look a little kid in the eyes and tell him that? Are you kidding me? If you ever did that, it would be cringe as fuck if you want me to be completely honest with you but something tells me you’re better than that and would never do such a thing. You can’t be that heartless and if you are then you need to do some serious soul-searching. I can’t imagine someone telling a child that, imagining that makes me very uncomfortable.
what kid? a kid shouldn’t be playing mortal kombat to begin with! I‘ll happily tell this „kid“ he can’t go to evo so what? heartbreaking my ass, if that breaks your heart I better not tell you what life has up it’s sleeves when it’s really wanna mess with you.

are you for real crying that hard about this? you sound like your life went down the drain. it’s a video game not being played at a tournament.

Just for reference:

Total entrants for all 6 majors through January after release (Combo Breaker through to KIT):
Mortal Kombat X -- 2158
Injustice 2 -- 2011
Mortal Kombat 11 -- 3311

Interesting to note:
Injustice 2 was not very far behind MKX (despite having a few hundred less entrants at EVO).
MK11's tournament turnout has been far beyond both games.

@borix lol thankfully I haven't had to use any of that just trying to help. I'm all natural here. But yeah, let's hope this helps other mk games come back.

Last edited:
Quit mk11 since the evo announcemnt. Bought a new car, I have an amazing new girlfriend, I make a shitload of money and Im buying a house this spring. I party every weekend, I’m never home. I’m enjoying life. Do yourself a favor. Stop trying to make mk11 a career. It’s cringe as fuck
Cringe is thinking that success in life is having a car and partying in the weekends. Cya