What's new

MK11 Not Returning as Evo 2020 Mainstage game

Comments

It doesn't since MVC2 is more popular than MVC3 or Infinite. They can very easily if they want, just because the game is old don't mean much I mean they got it at Evo 2020...Mk 11 didn't make it simply because it's not a great game and nobody cares about it outside of people on here and those who play in KL.
Explain Aquaman & Honeybee’s tournaments having extremely large number of entrants & great stream views.

This is without a doubt the biggest blow to the nrs competitive community since it’s start back in 2011..

I really don’t understand how some of you can be so calm about this if you are a true nrs competitive player/fan
Calm? Its vindication for some of us. Especially those of us who have been talking about all the holes in this game as a competitive fighting game since release.

Since day one people have been let down about this game. As a MK fan I find this one to be the least Mortal Kombat of any title. WHY? Because they abandoned so many game play aspects of what MK has come to be know for in favor of a slow, simple and quite honestly boring game to garner respect from the competitive community of other games and it back fired. The way the game plays contradicts a lot of what they say they wanted to make.

Explain Aquaman & Honeybee’s tournaments having extremely large number of entrants & great stream views.
What does this have to do with MVC2 being more popular than MVC3 or Infinite? lol Also, their numbers have nothing to do with Evo rejecting MK 11, hate to break it to you. And I already addressed earlier why numbers aren't everything. This post also has nothing to do with the fact that Disney owns Marvel...Also, explain to me why MK 11 didn't make Evo again? I mean afterall it's supposed to be NRS's "most balanced and best game evaaaa" Right? right.... :coffee:

Last edited:
I honestly have no idea how this works so i can't say but if it is like some people say that companies actually have to pay to get the main stage place then why are some of you so sure Evo rejected MK? What if NRS really rejected Evo instead and just didn't pay?

I mean obviously if you dislike the game you'll instantly believe it's the former but I really don't believe that all you know how all that works either. You just believe stuff depending on which side you are on.

Mk 11 didn't make it simply because it's not a great game and nobody cares about it outside of people on here and those who play in KL.
So....you speak for everyone? MK11 sold absurdly well, despite you thinking its "not a great game" and "only people on here" care about it. I get that some dont like it, I have some gripes with it but lets not crutch on opinions being the reason it's not at evo. We can even use the logic of "people dont watch streams!" because even with the group of people that found MK9/X more fun, MK11 still has more viewership than SamSho and UNIEL combined.

There's definitely things I'd like to see changed, but we're talking about two completely different things here.

So....you speak for everyone? MK11 sold absurdly well, despite you thinking its "not a great game" and "only people on here" care about it. I get that some dont like it, I have some gripes with it but lets not crutch on opinions being the reason it's not at evo. We can even use the logic of "people dont watch streams!" because even with the group of people that found MK9/X more fun, MK11 still has more viewership than SamSho and UNIEL combined.

There's definitely things I'd like to see changed, but we're talking about two completely different things here.
When and where exactly did I say I speak for everyone? Uhh sales mean little when you're a known, respectable and popular franchise. Marvel tickets sell well too as does star wars does that mean all their films are "great and the best ever"? Lol because I'm pretty sure even marvel and sw fans will tell you that's not true at all.

Sales are great for nrs and WB, but what did those sales do for evo this year? Nothing. Evo has little to do with sales and more about valid competitively and what brings in viewers. Obviously they felt mk 11 wasnt worthy so.....

I agree that mk in general no doubt has more popularity and viewers than the two games mentioned but I think between perhaps the negative feedback on mk 12 and if it's TRUE with nrs not dishing out the dough support for evo then maybe the game just doesnt deserve to be there. I'll say this, I'm not celebrating nor happy mk 11 isnt at evo but I'm also not crying over it nor am I surprised it's not there either.

But yeah I am just saying I feel alot of people feel the same way I do about mk 11, I dont feel I speak for everyone though nor do the pro mk 11 people either. Just so that I can establish what I mean. Any questions feel free to ask as i dont mind explaining what i mean.

But yeah I am just saying I feel alot of people feel the same way I do about mk 11, I dont feel I speak for everyone though nor do the pro mk 11 people either. Just so that I can establish what I mean. Any questions feel free to ask as i dont mind explaining what i mean.
I'm not disagreeing on people not liking the game. That's always par for the course with any fighting game sequel, and everyone has their right to feel however they want. I just see a ton of conjecture spread about exactly why the game isn't at evo, and everyone that doesn't like MK11 showing up to basically say "this validates my opinions on the game!" when we dont even have an official reason why.

I'm not disagreeing on people not liking the game. That's always par for the course with any fighting game sequel, and everyone has their right to feel however they want. I just see a ton of conjecture spread about exactly why the game isn't at evo, and everyone that doesn't like MK11 showing up to basically say "this validates my opinions on the game!" when we dont even have an official reason why.
I see what you're saying, obviously theres alot of speculation as to the reason. Who knows could be a little bit from column a, a little bit from column b. Others say besides mk 11 not being good enough from some folk, that nrs simply didnt pay their dues to conspiracy people thinking theres a "capcom illuminati" honestly, at this point the reason means little to me personally. What's done is done this year for evo.

Now, me personally even though I dont like the game I would definitely Italy at least consider going to a major if they had it closer to home in my case NYC be it Brooklyn or at say the Jacob javits center. Why theres no majors in the biggest, known city in the usa is beyond me. No offense to the other places but every year we see these other events at the same spots la, texas, Florida, Illinois, vegas, philly etc, etc but not one in NYC. Would love to hear the tourney people explain this to me and no bs about traffic lol because that's in la as well as Chicago. The jacob javits center currently getting a rehash expansion also, would be the perfect spot for an mk event/fg event but I digress..

Defend the North man, come out
Defend the north?
Thanks for the info, never heard of it. I'm reading about it.

Ok read about it, sounds like a lot of players were pissed at the lack of preparation and conditions like no ac? I'm just reading about it, people's experiences etc https://mobile.twitter.com/i/events/1153043728497594368?lang=en

This inspires me to get something going at my local dave and buster's they're new opened late 2018 and is massive even bigger than manhattens, theybeasily have room in their back hall rooms for parties, events, tourneys I have to go near there later this week I'll drop by in there and ask what the deal is because man they have food, ac, huge ass bar, nice bathrooms, food stalls and of course their arcade games as well.

Last edited:
I see what you're saying, obviously theres alot of speculation as to the reason. Who knows could be a little bit from column a, a little bit from column b. Others say besides mk 11 not being good enough from some folk, that nrs simply didnt pay their dues to conspiracy people thinking theres a "capcom illuminati" honestly, at this point the reason means little to me personally. What's done is done this year for evo.
"Capcom illuminati" isn't a conspiracy theory, it's a longtime phrase that refers to a group of people integral to the Capcom tournament scene who make a lot of the decisions behind events like EVO and tend to favor promoting Capcom games no matter what.

They aren't like real 'illuminati', everybody knows who they are and it's not a secret.

"Capcom illuminati" isn't a conspiracy theory, it's a longtime phrase that refers to a group of people integral to the Capcom tournament scene who make a lot of the decisions behind events like EVO and tend to favor promoting Capcom games no matter what.

They aren't like real 'illuminati', everybody knows who they are and it's not a secret.
Haha it worked I knew it!

Hmm I see, well I'm not exactly a big dan of capcom but if I may ask, do you have any evidence of this? I mean if this is indeed true I would think that's not fair to other vendors, developers games etc if it's just going to be all capcom. I do find it funny how all the games selected this year happen to be all japanese.

Now, me personally even though I dont like the game I would definitely Italy at least consider going to a major if they had it closer to home in my case NYC be it Brooklyn or at say the Jacob javits center. Why theres no majors in the biggest, known city in the usa is beyond me. No offense to the other places but every year we see these other events at the same spots la, texas, Florida, Illinois, vegas, philly etc, etc but not one in NYC. Would love to hear the tourney people explain this to me and no bs about traffic lol because that's in la as well as Chicago. The jacob javits center currently getting a rehash expansion also, would be the perfect spot for an mk event/fg event but I digress..
Their isn’t really one in NY because event space is absurdly expensive & that’s even before you get into internet.

Their isn’t really one in NY because event space is absurdly expensive & that’s even before you get into internet.
Lol expensive? Dude Chicago and Vegas aren't? Lol my friends have gone to Vegas for vacation said it costed them 5 grand for airfare alone. They could do nyc they just dont want to. Theres 5 boroughs they can pick from they dont even have to use Manhattan. Brooklyn has spot like next level, staten island has spots like a newer dave and busters....

I blame this on the variation system!
I do hate it. Variations blow.

In 11 and X.

One issue MK has always had for me is changing up the base game. That needs to stop, they should've just built of MK9 and made it look nicer, maybe add a run button, terminate that dumbass stance switch button, add the environment attacks if you wanted, etc.

This is part of why I love Soul Calibur and Tekken over MK, easier to get back into. With MK its damn near a new game each time.

What’s really upsetting me is all the hard work it took just to bring a MK game to Evo. It’s like everyone forgot about UMK3 at Road to Evo 2 and all the blood, sweat and tears it took to show the FGC that MK wasn’t just a crappy little fighting game. I’m hanging from an elevator shaft in tears right now, I just wanna come home and be with my family.

Exactly! Hit the nail on the head. Everyone who hates the game is using this as a catalyst to say “I told ya so” when the game itself probably has nothing to do with why it isn’t at EVO. But regardless, we don’t know why. That doesn’t stop a lot of from pretending like you know though.

I really wish NRS would come out and say “yeah, we didn’t feel the $25k entry fee just to have our game there was worth it”. This would shut a lot of you up and also expose how ridiculous the EVO higher ups are to charge that amount of money just to have their game at EVO. MrWizard, the brothers and all of EVO do not care about the community. They care about money, that’s about it.

This would shut a lot of you up and also expose how ridiculous the EVO higher ups are to charge that amount of money just to have their game at EVO. MrWizard, the brothers and all of EVO do not care about the community. They care about money, that’s about it.
Exactly. Especially the end, “They care about money, that’s about it.” I’m in tears right now and just want to be with my family.

This always comes down to money and it makes me sick but just look at the way those Lizards-in-suits look like and it should come as no surprise why they do the things they do. They’re evil and motivated by money, sexual kinks and drugs.

I won’t act like some kind of prophet but I saw Maximillian pleading with his audience, he raised his voice, his eyes watered and nobody listened. When I saw them demonetize Max’s content, I knew this is exactly where it was heading. I can’t believe they did that to him too, Max has done so much for the FGC as a whole and is responsible for generating so much hype, shares, likes and overall amazing content for every fighting game across the board and because guys like Boon and others want to make more Shekels, they pretty much shaft everyone, especially these kids who have been putting their blood, sweat and tears in this pos of a sequel.

Go ahead, tell me they’re losers or a need a new hobby or to get a life. Go tell that little kid in Gary, Indiana that he should get his life together. Go look him in the eyes and tell him that when you break his little heart because all he wanted to do was say he got first place at Evo in MK11. This pos title that’s dimensionally-confused and still pretty much utilizes the same sh!t engine from MKvsDC but just restricted in 2.5D with injustice mechanics.

I’m pissed, I’m in tears and I just want to see my family.

Exactly! Hit the nail on the head. Everyone who hates the game is using this as a catalyst to say “I told ya so” when the game itself probably has nothing to do with why it isn’t at EVO. But regardless, we don’t know why. That doesn’t stop a lot of from pretending like you know though.
I just kinda assume that it was a logistics thing. With the gore factor they likely would have put MK on the Saturday night slot, and EVO had other games they wanted to give a shot to, so MK's slot was given to another game. There's perfectly legit reasons for choosing not to have MK which have nothing to do with opinions about the quality of the game or entry fees.

Lol expensive? Dude Chicago and Vegas aren't? Lol my friends have gone to Vegas for vacation said it costed them 5 grand for airfare alone. They could do nyc they just dont want to. Theres 5 boroughs they can pick from they dont even have to use Manhattan. Brooklyn has spot like next level, staten island has spots like a newer dave and busters....
Please actually try to run an event & find a affordable place in Brooklyn that can adequately house an event space wise, is easy to travel to for people out of state, & has good internet for streaming. Theirs VERY good reason not to do events in the area.

Yo what if it’s actually just because a big green bloop came in and cleemed the sramfot before anyone bogassed the bogasseur about the cleemation in last years hingledorf.