What's new

MK11 Not Returning as Evo 2020 Mainstage game

Comments

It's a shame, really. I honestly gave the game another shot after the patch. This game definitely has potential if they fix the core issues.

Flawless blocking is really hype imo and they should give it more emphasis on later patches. If they release any, I hope.

Don't hold your breath for another mk9 golden age to happen, It'd be minimum of a decade for that dragon to awaken. Certain devs within NRS need to be gone by then, We know them by name so no need to mention.
"We know their name, and Don't need a mention." I take this as, "I don't know who to blame, but someone needs to be punished." Calling for people's jobs because MK didn't make Evo and "The golden age of MK" is done... Just enjoy the game, support all events that will have MK this year and stop calling for a watch hunt.

This bums me out because it only affects people who like the game and want to travel for it. Doesn't affect NRS or WB obviously. I don't know why the people who shit on the game think this is because the game is bad, it seems way more likely that WB and NRS didnt make a push for it.

Also, playing a game you dont like and spending time on a game forum dedicated to a game you hate just to remind people you dont like it is beyond pathetic.

Your comment is irrelevant and so dumbfound that I wasn't sure I should bother to reply to you. But since I can't stand plain ignorance I wasn't able to stop myself from replying to you.

1st point - Tekken 7 is out since 2015(almost 5 years ago), it's obviously "ahead", so to speak, in terms of content. Oh btw, did I forget to mention paid frame data, when NRS and Capcom, give it for free? Hummm...

2nd point - you're are comparing a 3D game to a 2D game, it's like comparing apples to oranges.

3rd point - Tekken 7 just made the recent mistake of releasing one of the most broken characters in the game, similar to T6 Bob, allowing it to be played at the Tekken World Finals and it was one of the most boring, excruciating top 8 to watch in the recent history of the game. 6 Leroy in top 8...huh, yeah. The recent nerfs were a slap on the wrist compared what he was able to get, nerfing damage instead of frame data for his moves? Right.

4th point - I lol'ed hard at the "endless tech to find, virtually unlimited skill ceiling" lmao
1 - Each character in Tekken has well over 100 moves. You can't compare it to other games as far as frame data. People want to bitch about $4 for something that required a ton of work? Ok, sure. I guess. I bought the season pass, so it meant nothing to me.

2 - The games are incredibly different, I obviously agree with that.

3 - Broken characters happen in all fighters. It doesn't happen often in Tekken. Leroy is slowly getting nerfed and should be fine by EVO. Namco has admitted he's overpowered. If you think the recent changes to Leroy are the only ones he's going to see, you're not paying attention to what's going on with the game. Namco is releasing a patch within the next week or two JUST for more Leroy nerfs.

4 - If you honestly don't think there's not endless tech to discover and an absolutely massive skill ceiling in Tekken, I don't even know what to tell you. MK11 has NOTHING on Tekken when it comes to that.

The bottom line is that I LOVE MK AND Tekken and want them both to be good. I don't like MK11 at all, hence I'm not going to miss it at EVO. I think NRS could turn the ship around, but they absolutely won't. The game needs major changes to bring me and many others back.

Aside from Leroy (who will be nerfed greatly), Tekken 7 is in a fantastic place and is becoming more popular as the game gets older, which is absolutely not the case for MK11.

Last edited:
EVO has become a trash ass event that people put way too much stock in to judge if a game is still alive or dead. I wonder what people's reaction will be when Riot's eventual fighting game isn't at EVO due to Blizzard.

Last year's EVO was such a cluster fuck and I would never go back after how disorganized it was and the staff being complete dicks did not help. If you're not a top player/personality then the entire event is predatory.

1 - Each character in Tekken has well over 100 moves. You can't compare it to other games as far as frame data. People want to bitch about $4 for something that required a ton of work? Ok, sure. I guess. I bought the season pass, so it meant nothing to me.
Ton of work that was made years ago. Frame data has been there since waaay before release and all the moves were still in the making. Because one can't without the other. They just decided to release it now like 4 years after and it's not even free. I get the part that tells you what punish is the best, that's probably hard work but frame data? The numbers? They need to make that whether they release it or not.

Lol those weebo cringe games can't hold a candle to MK
As much as I dislike MK11, it's still weird to me how UNIEL or UNIST or GRANBLUE or whatever the stupid 14 word long name of it makes it to EVO every year. Are the developers paying to have their game featured? I've never in my life met anyone who plays those fuckin' games. They all look the same and I have less than zero interest in them.

Ton of work that was made years ago. Frame data has been there since waaay before release and all the moves were still in the making. Because one can't without the other. They just decided to release it now like 4 years after and it's not even free. I get the part that tells you what punish is the best, that's probably hard work but frame data? The numbers? They need to make that whether they release it or not.
If your main gripe is over $4 frame data, then I think they're doing a pretty bang up job over at NAMCO. I just spent $6 and change on beef jerky and a Gatorade at CVS. I wish that was the only complaint I had about MK11.

This site has gone to shit, i dont know why ppl who hate this game stay on this site like parasites and as soon as there is some bad news they come here celebrating.
If you dont agree that mk11 is trash altough there needs to be some changes you get called a shill and need to stop blindly defending the game.
No wonder all pro players left this toxix wasteland full of scrubs who dont play the game but need to share for a year straight how they dislike the game.
To be fair it’s the same way the other way around, with that exact sentence you said “You don’t think mk11 is trash but could use some work.” The “shills” will ravenously call that person out and say they are bad at the game ect.

matter of fact I’ve seen YOU do it multiple times lol.

The impartial people get it the worst because they get heated up by both sides.

As much as I dislike MK11, it's still weird to me how UNIEL or UNIST or GRANBLUE or whatever the stupid 14 word long name of it makes it to EVO every year. Are the developers paying to have their game featured? I've never in my life met anyone who plays those fuckin' games. They all look the same and I have less than zero interest in them.
EVO has an agenda when it comes to western fighting games. KI was dropped fairly quickly at EVO even with the community being very passionate about the game.

If your main gripe is over $4 frame data, then I think they're doing a pretty bang up job over at NAMCO. I just spent $6 and change on beef jerky and a Gatorade at CVS. I wish that was the only complaint I had about MK11.
It's not about the money, it's the principle. I'd probably pay those 4$ if I played Tekken too. Doesn't mean I support the idea. It's stupid.

EVO has become a trash ass event that people put way too much stock in to judge if a game is still alive or dead. I wonder what people's reaction will be when Riot's eventual fighting game isn't at EVO due to Blizzard.

Last year's EVO was such a cluster fuck and I would never go back after how disorganized it was and the staff being complete dicks did not help. If you're not a top player/personality then the entire event is predatory.
yep .... MK franchise on itself is greater and bigger than Evo, can survive without it .... MK11 already have sold pretty well as product, so, taking part or not in Evo 2020, will not bring critical financial loss to WB or NRS. They can promote KP2 without Evo, that's for sure.

It's just a shame, because was a some kinda of tradition having each new MK game since MK9, taking part, at least, in 2 Evos straight ..... :oops:

Big chance of the others fighting games tournaments, to take advantage of this, and promote themselves as the new "MK games home reference", hehe kinda "do you love MK games ? at competitive level? you can see the best competition of it over here ! forget Evo!"

Just make the right marketing strategy , and people that love MK will, in time, forget that Evo once was reference for the game, hehe :joker:

I have met them, 99% are cringelords

GB is the new arcsys developed game that has strong ties to Evo so it being there is not surprising. Unists is grassroots trending game since last year.
What I would question is how SC6 beat MK11 considering the latter's stronger numbers and mainstream appeal, or even over mvc2 which while fun, is an oddity seeing as how wizard doesn't do oldy games anymore with Evo being a marketing ad more than a tournament nowadays. Even though I think NRS games are mechanically inferior to most of the other Japenese games there it has to be some type of deal/arrangement fell through and NRS didn't want to pay or Wizard couldn't get advertisement deals with MK icky blood.

GB is the new arcsys developed game that has strong ties to Evo so it being there is not surprising. Unists is grassroots trending game since last year.
What I would question is how SC6 beat MK11 considering the latter's stronger numbers and mainstream appeal, or even over mvc2 which while fun, is an oddity seeing as how wizard doesn't do oldy games anymore with Evo being a marketing ad more than a tournament nowadays. Even though I think NRS games are mechanically inferior to most of the other Japenese games there it has to be some type of deal/arrangement fell through and NRS didn't want to pay or Wizard couldn't get advertisement deals with MK icky blood.
this make a lot of sense ;)

What exactly is the purpose of playing the blame game when no one knows why MK11 isn’t in the lineup? It could simply be that NRS didn’t pay for it to be there. Y’all are in here tearing each other down, tearing the game down, tearing the scene down, for what purpose?

A lot of you look like absolute clowns in this thread and it’s really hard to read tbh.

It's actually quite entertaining. :D
I mean it’s great reading content for sure. Especially since everyone is giving their thesis statement and essay on who or what is to blame when they don’t even know WHY the game isn’t in the lineup to begin with.

Like, can we at least wait for an actual statement or more information from EVO or NRS before we tear each others heads off? Just a thought.

To be fair it’s the same way the other way around, with that exact sentence you said “You don’t think mk11 is trash but could use some work.” The “shills” will ravenously call that person out and say they are bad at the game ect.

matter of fact I’ve seen YOU do it multiple times lol.

The impartial people get it the worst because they get heated up by both sides.
By your deffenition,
Shills: anyone who dares to say anything positive about the game.
And yeah ppl who uninstalled the game and removed me but still come cry here everyday i call scrubs so yeah im in the wrong too i guess