What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

So does anyone else HEAVILY rely on his projectiles? I don't mean in block strings. I mean in mid to long range. Like, I think I play as one of the most 'lame' Johnnys lol. Big reliance one his projectile until the opponent can prove they can deal with it. Then they finally get it and I panic and lose. ;)

I feel like its really hard to deal with, especially in mid range, where the startup and speed are in his favor. I admittedly haven't used it much in block strings yet, so I need to incorporate it. I throw it so much in neutral that alot of times I don't have the meter to use the amp version in block strings lol.
Absolutely. This is my default gameplan against most characters until the player shows that they can deal with it. You can easily out zone most characters with him.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Here ya go, lmk if it's old news. Skip to 1:25 if you're impatient
This is a great video. I posted last week about how you can s1 his stupid drop kick on reaction. I’m glad this exists as proof.

Many characters can punish the fucking thing. Anything to take the wind out of the sails of an Erron player.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
O YEA?
If you block kung lao-s spin and for some reason want to nutpunch to see how a KB looks like even if you do less damage than the BnB, it doesn't work because it says Kounter instead of Punish and the KB doesn't trigger.

Tested with a human and he can't block the nut punch, it's a punish, but it says kounter.

TOP TIER

Im seeing a lot people preaching that after a normal NP its better to use D4 over d1, for example use D4 into mime or D4 xx throw etc instead of D1. why is that?

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
@M.D. Tweedy gets hit in the neutral with B34 :REO
Yeah, I just finished the GF match...I don't think Tweedy knew the JC MU. That and Kombat was blowing up jump ins and being aggressive. I was really surprised not to see any F212 whiff punishes. If there had been, Tweedy would have been completely bodied.

mrapchem

Noob
So does anyone else HEAVILY rely on his projectiles? I don't mean in block strings. I mean in mid to long range. Like, I think I play as one of the most 'lame' Johnnys lol. Big reliance one his projectile until the opponent can prove they can deal with it. Then they finally get it and I panic and lose. ;)

I feel like its really hard to deal with, especially in mid range, where the startup and speed are in his favor. I admittedly haven't used it much in block strings yet, so I need to incorporate it. I throw it so much in neutral that alot of times I don't have the meter to use the amp version in block strings lol.
I certainly do! I think you're exactly right - you should use it in the mid to long range to interrupt the opponent's approach options. It's fast as hell and has the effect of making people block, which of course sets up for our lovely throws!

Use this for reference lol. Didn't put in that work for nothing
My issue with this is that NRS could defend this as intentional and not fix it. 16bit defended this very thing in MKX

Hitbox quirks are up to a designer's discretion so I cannot give you a hard and fast rule on what should or shouldn't happen when it comes to things like stance or gender specific combos. I am just saying that high attacks hitting a crouch blocking opponent is not a rule and never has been.
Just keep this in mind when we talk about hitbox/hurtbox fixes. There’s no guarantee we’ll get them

I'm done worrying about hitboxes at this point. I've accepted it as part of the game until we hear otherwise. Luckily f3 doesn't whiff so we have that. I'm kinda scared of how good Johnny could be with a few small changes.

Just wanna say this game is great and I'm loving Johnny. MKX didn't grab me out of the gate like this did. Picked up fisticuffs Cage a week before MK11 after not playing in years and had a blast. Maybe I should've played him from the jump.

I'm done worrying about hitboxes at this point. I've accepted it as part of the game until we hear otherwise. Luckily f3 doesn't whiff so we have that. I'm kinda scared of how good Johnny could be with a few small changes.

Just wanna say this game is great and I'm loving Johnny. MKX didn't grab me out of the gate like this did. Picked up fisticuffs Cage a week before MK11 after not playing in years and had a blast. Maybe I should've played him from the jump.
Remember when Johnny was great and mk was all about fighting? I remember.

Rizz091

Noob
What are y'all doing with when +5 forceball? Trying to come up with a good meta of options to beat opponent tendencies since nothing is guaranteed

Wigy

There it is...
What are y'all doing with when +5 forceball? Trying to come up with a good meta of options to beat opponent tendencies since nothing is guaranteed
-check with f4

If they walk back b34

If they dash back. Dash in and f3/f4/124

Jump back- dash and jump 2/3 or f3

When they stand and respect: f3 stagger or j2 or dash in 124 (after they get put into more plus frames they usually unblock)

In some matchups they can have annoying fast move which catch you coming in with f3 or f4. I use a half dash b2 or b4.

Once you instill the fear- you can plus frame them into oblivion.

D

Deleted member 35141

My issue with this is that NRS could defend this as intentional and not fix it. 16bit defended this very thing in MKX

Just keep this in mind when we talk about hitbox/hurtbox fixes. There’s no guarantee we’ll get them
Thats some bullshit, so what was the plan give johhny 5 moves that potentially whiff on block.
Look at liu who has whiff issues on highs but guess what he has fast mids and a low.

Im not a game developer but even for non fighting games if something doesnt work properly even though it should based on it working for others, you either fix it or watch the player base die..
This is like playing a shooter that you hit a enemy in the head it doesnt give you a damage boost or stagger for 1 gun yet the other 200 guns do that.