What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

Kombat just played right now against an Erron black with JC and dominated, love seeing some Johnny. All Ive seen so far really is Scorpion/Geras/Erron

Also does Kombat have a Twitch?

presidente

Slowly dying but that's ok
Anyone find any good in F33? It's a nice little two-hit that puts them in good range for a fireball, and the KB in the second hit does ~25%, but I have trouble finding any openings for it.

Wigy

There it is...
Anyone find any good in F33? It's a nice little two-hit that puts them in good range for a fireball, and the KB in the second hit does ~25%, but I have trouble finding any openings for it.
If you mean f43 against literally anyone who has vaguely decent reactions will punish it every time for a full combo.

Never use this string unless you are absolutely certain someone will jump away on knockdown, in which case you can do your ender into f4(whiff)3 with the 3 catching them. This is massively risky and wouldn't recommend.

Wigy

There it is...
So

As the frame data calculator doesn't work on his FBDC I tested the data. Don't know if anyone has yet.

I set to reversal grease kick which is 8 frames

B34 f4 and f344 are all plus enough to consistently interrupt with a s1. Accounting for human error and reversals coming out quicker I'd say they were all at least plus 3 and up. I'm tired but couldn't get f4 to interrupt the grease kick after a f4 FBDC which would suggest it's less than plus 6. Didn't look feasible but will try again later.

B34 FBDC is pretty damn good. You can hitconfirm if the first hit lands into good damage in the corner and if they block you can dash cancel backwards instead and do another b34. It's not very plus but as you move back it will whiff punish a lot of pokes. Will probably be pretty damn scary. Getting 4 lows in a row.

Couldn't get b3 fbdc to link but it makes a nice pressure stagger to fuck with people.

I'll lab it all and make a video later.

Can't remember the damage but you can also do the combo

F344 np f3 121 FBDC 2 2 121 Flipkick. Just if you want to style on your opponents.

Reminder to people as I keep seeing b2 in corner combos. Use f3. It has the best combo damage as b2 and s4 both apply more scaling as they are launchers

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
So

As the frame data calculator doesn't work on his FBDC I tested the data. Don't know if anyone has yet.

I set to reversal grease kick which is 8 frames

B34 f4 and f344 are all plus enough to consistently interrupt with a s1. Accounting for human error and reversals coming out quicker I'd say they were all at least plus 3 and up. I'm tired but couldn't get f4 to interrupt the grease kick after a f4 FBDC which would suggest it's less than plus 6. Didn't look feasible but will try again later.

B34 FBDC is pretty damn good. You can hitconfirm if the first hit lands into good damage in the corner and if they block you can dash cancel backwards instead and do another b34. It's not very plus but as you move back it will whiff punish a lot of pokes. Will probably be pretty damn scary. Getting 4 lows in a row.

Couldn't get b3 fbdc to link but it makes a nice pressure stagger to fuck with people.

I'll lab it all and make a video later.

Can't remember the damage but you can also do the combo

F344 np f3 121 FBDC 2 2 121 Flipkick. Just if you want to style on your opponents.

Reminder to people as I keep seeing b2 in corner combos. Use f3. It has the best combo damage as b2 and s4 both apply more scaling as they are launchers

I'm sorry, I don't wanna be a dick, but I have to come at you here...

F4(also F344, 34, 12, and B34)~FBDC, F4 beats Grease Kick, but trades with Jacqui's S1 which is 7 frames. I believe all FBDCs are +7.

Also, B3~FBDC on hit does nothing, but B34~FBDC leads to full combo if you use F344 as the link.

Does your variation of the FBDC corner combo do more damage than this one?:

F344~FBDC, 34~NP, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 121~NP = 40.4%

Again, not trying to insult or anything...I just want to keep our data as factual as possible.

Wigy

There it is...
I'm sorry, I don't wanna be a dick, but I have to come at you here...

F4(also F344, 34, 12, and B34)~FBDC, F4 beats Grease Kick, but trades with Jacqui's S1 which is 7 frames. I believe all FBDCs are +7.

Also, B3~FBDC on hit does nothing, but B34~FBDC leads to full combo if you use F344 as the link.

Does your variation of the FBDC corner combo do more damage than this one?:

F344~FBDC, 34~NP, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 121~NP = 40.4%

Again, not trying to insult or anything...I just want to keep our data as factual as possible.
Oh not at all my dude.

It was 5am when I was doing it and I was thinking to myself I'm sure I could interrupt this last time I tried even. I got it today and I'm putting together some bits and bobs tech wise.

Should have updated the post

It's not optimal. Just swaggy af

I suppose it's useful if you don't Wana use the kb (big health lead) and didn't use the fbdc to start the combo

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Iv been having a lot of fun with Johnny, Sub was killing brain cells. How have you guys been fighting small hurtbox characters? I feel like I’m getting cucked out of using one of my strongest tools

Wigy

There it is...
Iv been having a lot of fun with Johnny, Sub was killing brain cells. How have you guys been fighting small hurtbox characters? I feel like I’m getting cucked out of using one of my strongest tools
Got some hot tech for that.

When you're at the character select screen you go Jacqui instead.

Works a treat for me.

But yeah for real just don't play him vs small hitboxes. He goes from A to C tier

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way

Works a treat for me.

But yeah for real just don't play him vs small hitboxes. He goes from A to C tier
Shit dude that’s some game breaking tech right there. Sucks that this is the best solution just because they’re female characters.

Down with the MK matriarchy

Wigy

There it is...
Shit dude that’s some game breaking tech right there. Sucks that this is the best solution just because they’re female characters.

Down with the MK matriarchy
NRS after 5 proper games- 4 minutes in training mode you'll realise Johnny's projectile is completely fucking useless against females.

You know frost has a grand total of 2 strings that don't whiff on crouch block. 2 are mids that's are 15 and 19 frames respectively.

S1 s2 s3 s4 and f2 ALL WHIFF ON CROUCH BLOCK.

HER D3 GETS LOW PROFILED.

Said it before and I'll say it again. What blue whale sized joints were you smoking NRS.

Totally off topic I know lol. Been fucking around with her.

Any tips on fighting Jade? She’s the only character I have constant trouble with. A Jade who knows to block low is an absolute nightmare. Neutralizes your balls and I have a hell of a time getting in only to be blocked again and again whenever I try hitting her. Her tools prevent me from jumping too with that godlike D4. Add to that her mixup game and it just sucks.

D

Deleted member 35141

Works a treat for me.

My new tech for hitbox issues is hit the eject button and play something else.

Jbog

Noob
If they would just fix johnnys hitbox issues he might be pretty solid as is not great but solid. He really lacks a good way to open female characters and raiden up because of this hopefully this changes or jc will be trash tier for life

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Any tips on fighting Jade? She’s the only character I have constant trouble with. A Jade who knows to block low is an absolute nightmare. Neutralizes your balls and I have a hell of a time getting in only to be blocked again and again whenever I try hitting her. Her tools prevent me from jumping too with that godlike D4. Add to that her mixup game and it just sucks.
Good fucking luck with that....

Johnny is strongest when at that F3/D4 range. Jade wont let you play there. Johnny's zoning is actually pretty decent...Jade wont let you do that either. If the person playing Jade knows how to block and tech throws, you're absolutely going to suffer. I don't think there's a lot you can do beyond being aggressive and not letting her breathe. Oh, and it might be helpful to learn how to flawless block her shit.

This is a bad MU for Johnny.

Jbog

Noob
Good fucking luck with that....

Johnny is strongest when at that F3/D4 range. Jade wont let you play there. Johnny's zoning is actually pretty decent...Jade wont let you do that either. If the person playing Jade knows how to block and tech throws, you're absolutely going to suffer. I don't think there's a lot you can do beyond being aggressive and not letting her breathe. Oh, and it might be helpful to learn how to flawless block her shit.

This is a bad MU for Johnny.
Iowas best maybe we can lab cage together where u from. On ps4 or xbox?

Blakexton

Shinnuk
What's the deal after nut punch? Anyone seems to be able to poke me afterwards. Throws get neutral ducked and anything else gets poked out. I tend to wait after nut punch for them to have their go.

I've resorted to ending combos in shadow kick for more damage.

Any better Ender's or am I approaching this wrong?

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
What's the deal after nut punch? Anyone seems to be able to poke me afterwards. Throws get neutral ducked and anything else gets poked out. I tend to wait after nut punch for them to have their go.

I've resorted to ending combos in shadow kick for more damage.

Any better Ender's or am I approaching this wrong?
The ending of his combos is situational. I use 4 different enders depending on the situation.

Nut Punch: Doesn't allow a wakeup of any kind, and you are +5. Free to D4 or make a throw attempt. Keeps them close.
F44: A little more damage, gives you an option to dash up and start offence or jump in. Downside is they can do wakeups.
Shadow Kick: High damaging ender, pushes them full screen. I rarely use this one, unless I'm up against Jacqui who I always want far away.
Amplified Flippy Kick: highest damaging ender.

Jbog

Noob
Sad truth is untill Johnny's crap hitboxes are fixed(wishful thinking) he'll be a character that is to easy to stop with crouch block specially with female characters. Hes just not up to par with top tiers. Still fun but only a casual pick