What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

Some goofy ideas for Johnny's Moveset that would've been fun. Not actual balance discussion but just shooting the shit.

Wouldn't it have been fun if Johnny's MKX X-Ray was a Krushing Blow string in this game?
The inputs could've been 3,B4,3,1+2
High, Mid, High, Grab/Hit thingy that only works on hit. Minus on block.
with the B4 point being the first hit of his MKX X-Ray and so on.
Launches just like his MKX X-Ray on Krushing Blow for a mid screen shadow kick minor damage extender or maybe time to Brass Knuckles or whatever.

I was also thinking what if his MK9 X-Ray was incorporated into either Nutpunch KB or Short Hop 1/2 but idk about how those would work

D

Deleted member 35141

Trueunderdawg gaming just released a video of cage and he thinks the character needs some major help

I started using Erron as a joke for a hot second, and its embarrassing how easy he is compared to Johnny. LMAO, the guy has a cancel that makes all his strings safe and uninteruptable... because he can amplify his gun stance to shoot the enemy if they even dare to react. ALL his moves take no resources at all.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Ok, I've been trying for some time now with no success. Has anyone found a way to reset Caged Rage in a corner combo?
Nothing seems to let the opponent fall fast enough to get hit when getting up.
I've tried combos with the ex up fireballs, the rising uppercut, using jumping, back 2, and ex nutpunch in the same combo, but nothing seems to work. Has anyone else find a way to do it? I searched a bit for it but found nothing.

D

Deleted member 35141

Watching vendetta struggle really makes me want to drop this character. This game has so many cool mechanics my character cant take a part in.
Don't even get me started on female characters whiffs galore, in the last 2 days ive had my FB ducked and amped nut punch blocked that's not suppose to come out on block.

@LarSanity might be fun to play someone else for now and wait out a fix. He'll be here when you get back. Amped nutpunch on block lol. Either the game was rushed or they're playing 4D Chess and giving each move its own ruleset.

@NewMK11Player I mean he was up against Scar who's a beast regardless. But yeah Johnny definitely lacks in areas Sonya doesn't lol. She doesn't have our sense of humor though

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Please somebody tell me how to counter Baraka's Blood lunge before I break my tv.
Neutral duck and full punish. The lunge is considerably faster than the b2 overhead, so there's no real mix there. The ticks are another story.
I actually played Bone picker more than Cage. The character is at a point of balance every other character should aspire to reach.

D

Deleted member 35141

So still cant stop playing cage lol.

Today I watched some cage combo videos just to get a refresher and I have been relying on just the full dash 121 combos after nut punch amp. So I wanted to try the more optimized combos and just couldnt do them until I changed my damn monitor to competitive mode and land them all time now.
Stupid me I forgot to change my settings back cause Ive been playing singleplayer games, been trying to figure out why I have so many conversion issues when injustice 2 never had the issue.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
After playing against a Raiden last night and seeing my forceballs whiff over HIM too when he's crouch blocking, I think I'm going to compile a list of characters forceballs whiff over so we know who not to play Johnny into lol.