What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

What's the deal after nut punch? Anyone seems to be able to poke me afterwards. Throws get neutral ducked and anything else gets poked out. I tend to wait after nut punch for them to have their go.

I've resorted to ending combos in shadow kick for more damage.

Any better Ender's or am I approaching this wrong?
I always end combos with nut punch, mix it up with d4 into f344 jail or d4 mime, or d1 into another nutpunch.

Sad truth is untill Johnny's crap hitboxes are fixed(wishful thinking) he'll be a character that is to easy to stop with crouch block specially with female characters. Hes just not up to par with top tiers. Still fun but only a casual pick
He probably won't get fixed. Considering the recent update didn't change shit. I don't even use him as much as I used to. He's not viable against good players. NRS hates Johnny Cage. If they could've removed him from this installment they would have.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

• Johnny Cage - Fatal Blow is no longer throw immune during some of its startup frames

• Johnny Cage - Fatal Blow cinematic is no longer visually obstructed by certain foreground objects

WE GOT NERFED IN THE PATCH AND THATS IT

• Johnny Cage - Fatal Blow is no longer throw immune during some of its startup frames

• Johnny Cage - Fatal Blow cinematic is no longer visually obstructed by certain foreground objects

Not even a fucking hitbox fix. Other underpowered characters weren't fixed either. It's pathetic.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Not even a fucking hitbox fix. Other underpowered characters weren't fixed either. It's pathetic.

It's almost like the more notable changes are coming with the DLC and we should just relax and be patient instead of jumping off the deep end. Imagine that.

Do you guys after doing a amp forceball commit to dash in f3 stagger into grab, only to find out they didnt block the f3 and you could of done a full combo instead? Sigh :mad:

presidente

Slowly dying but that's ok
What are some good options out of amp nut? I know you can forward dash cancel into 121, shadow kick; but I feel like I'm dropping damage there. Any other juggles/ followups that work here?

It's almost like the more notable changes are coming with the DLC and we should just relax and be patient instead of jumping off the deep end. Imagine that.
I'm assuming you're referring to all the things people are complaining about. Besides the towers of time and Sub Zero's invisibility glitch, I haven't seen anybody mention anything else on the list. A gameplay fix is imperative. I hope you're right, because I've been using my favorite charger a lot less, and probably lesser now. When they fix Cage, they should undo what they just did as well.
Do you guys after doing a amp forceball commit to dash in f3 stagger into grab, only to find out they didnt block the f3 and you could of done a full combo instead? Sigh :mad:
You can't do anything after amped force balls except backdash. B34 works sometimes against bad players. Against a character with ridiculous pokes like Noob, don't even try it. Pick up somebody else and have fun with the game until the issues are fixed. It's what I did I'm having much more fun.

Either the description for the Mime Time brutal was corrected, or the requirement was changed. It now says Hit with 3 mime times and final hit must be Mime Time.

I like fishing for Brutals when playing with my casual friends and even against casuals, the double extended parry brutal was impossible so this is nice.

Posted some great sets of Yamminiw going back and forth with a Geras. Also Jade's a B*tch to fight but easy on the eyes, I'd say the matchup is 6/4 in favor of letting the pretty lady win
Great Cage player, that geras was mashing the absolute shit out of D2, I saw him whiff the u+2 and go straight into D2.

What I’ve found common amongst geras players(at least average and above average ones.) is that their defense is really bad because they are so used to steam rolling their opponents, I feel like bro in the video would have had his work cut out for him if it was a more solid geras, he was outplaying him clearly but when he made even one mistake the geras was able to catch up FAST.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Either the description for the Mime Time brutal was corrected, or the requirement was changed. It now says Hit with 3 mime times and final hit must be Mime Time.

I like fishing for Brutals when playing with my casual friends and even against casuals, the double extended parry brutal was impossible so this is nice.
Another brutal glitch NOR corrected: For the double brutal, in my command list says DB4 motion when the motion of this kustom move is BF4

Wigy

There it is...
So with the np b2 F3 np bnb. You are spaced so that if they d1 you can walk back b3 whiff punish them. Looking to see what combos can do this now

What's the deal after nut punch? Anyone seems to be able to poke me afterwards. Throws get neutral ducked and anything else gets poked out. I tend to wait after nut punch for them to have their go.

I've resorted to ending combos in shadow kick for more damage.

Any better Ender's or am I approaching this wrong?
Im lrobably doing it wrong but i tend to shadow kick often and get em in the corner. I feel real comfortable in this game pushing them away and working back in. Unless its cetrion, i want her close.

anyone else hitting people with b2 after nutpunch? lolol
Lol haven't tried. Sure you're not just mindf*cking them into oblivion? I did meet some crazy button mashers last night though. Looking at the inputs on the replay was hilarious. Both were playing Noob and had even records with about 400 games played

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
anyone else hitting people with b2 after nutpunch? lolol
Yes actually, I love it The most optimal post blocked nut punch game is a good walk back into a ranged button. I've done back 2, Back 3 and forward 4,4 at times. People that like mashing get a lot less mashy when you put them on their ass for being disrespectful.

It feels really good to out footsie people with Cage. A couple of those and down 1 checks and I can actually play the meta after a while? I'm here for it. The worst comes to worst and the person just keeps getting looped if they won't adapt and block lol.