What's new

MK11 Aftermath - New Gameplay Trailer!

Comments

Fujin looks incredible!

And I must admit Sheeva looks great too. She seems brutal.

Loved that stage fatality lmao

Rewatching the trailer and I've got to say this.

Fujins voice is utter SHITE. Doesn't bother me too much, it's all about the look and gameplay (both areas which are top notch), but holy fuck he has the voice of a petulant bitch boy.

Rewatching the trailer and I've got to say this.

Fujins voice is utter SHITE. Doesn't bother me too much, it's all about the look and gameplay (both areas which are top notch), but holy fuck he has the voice of a petulant bitch boy.
I think they did it as an attempt to make him sound elegant and cultured.

Hate to sound like an ass, but the things people choose to care about are so bizarre to me. Y’all really care that much about the characters voice? You’re only going to hear their voice in the intros IF you even let those rock, which to me is a waste of time. I understand me not caring doesn’t mean other people don’t. It just seems like such a trivial and inconsequential thing to complain about.

Hate to sound like an ass, but the things people choose to care about are so bizarre to me. Y’all really care that much about the characters voice? You’re only going to hear their voice in the intros IF you even let those rock, which to me is a waste of time. I understand me not caring doesn’t mean other people don’t. It just seems like such a trivial and inconsequential thing to complain about.
I dunno, I'd be pissed if I was more of a Terminator fan. His voice and dialogue are laughable, including throughout the match, not just intros and outros. I was worried about RoboCop because his voice was so high-pitched in the initial trailer, but they seem to have corrected it in the new trailer. With all of the canned normals and handful of repeating archetypes, a character's voice is one of the few ways they can express their personality and individualism in this cookie-cutter game.

how can you not like robocop after this? only thing they fucked up is his gun doing single shots. instead of the brrrrt triple shot he uses in the movies.
Just curious, what did you like about him? I thought he looked boring kind of. Maybe setup potential, but the bonk animation thing they do with “non martial art” characters is played out. I’m just not that down with the idea of Robocop (an incredibly slow cyborg with guns and armor) in this game.

At least Jason, and someone like Michael Meyers do fight and like squeeze people’s head, even if they’re not traditional “fighters”.

Fujin stole the show in my eyes and reminded me of a wuxia "wire-fu" type of style straight out of something like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Soooo swaggy.

Sheeva was my most anticipated but seemed pretty straightforward so kinda underwhelming. Didn't see a lot of shield stuff but the fireball mechanics could be interesting. Still labbing her first and still think she looks incredible aesthetically.

Robocop looked pretty crazy too as I was expecting more Deadshot/Deathstroke vibes but got more Sektor vibes for obvious reasons.

Stages fatalities were dope and overall my hype level definitely shot up.

I have to say EVERY one looked awesome. Robocop was the big surprise. I think he looks dope as fuck. In fact I am thinking he has taken over Sheeva as my the one I plan to play with first.

Stage Fatalities rule... but they had to make that one good as it is a stage guaranteed to be in every single event final of the pro-league.
Oh, by the way. Provided most of the moves shown for Fujin aren't for custom variations, the dude should just be named "Wall Carry". Guy looked like he was carrying people across the effin' screen in most of his scenes.
The one that literally went 70% of the stage has to be gear or has to cost 2 bars or something, right? I’ll have to rewatch and see the meter usage. To be honest, I fully expected that to be a custom move.

D
“I hate Roboflop.” NRS and WB know. That’s why they’re selling him, Sheeva and Fujin in a bundle. You’ll buy it anyway, cause you love Fujin and Sheeva. Casuals that don’t give a damn about MK characters being or not in the game love guests. WB and NRS are making money and laughing right now.

Nah fam, this is not a good take.

Fujin is in the new story mode. It won't just be hearing him in intros, it'll be across multiple chapters no doubt.

Voice acting is important, and if we all had the mentality expressed in your post then fuck it - let the Hollywood star that is Ronda Rousey voice everyone.

As I mentioned in my post though, it isn't particularly game breaking. The dude still looks bad ass in every other regard, I'm just personally not a fan of that voice at all. Doesn't sound godlike. Raiden may be an incompetent douche but the voice fits the character.

“I hate Roboflop.” NRS and WB know. That’s why they’re selling him, Sheeva and Fujin in a bundle. You’ll buy it anyway, cause you love Fujin and Sheeva. Casuals that don’t give a damn about MK characters being or not in the game love guests. WB and NRS are making money and laughing right now.
lol, I love Sheeva but couldn't give less of a shit about Fujin. He looks like another herp derp WiFi warrior try-hard, but I'm still happy for the players who were looking forward to him. This RoboCop fan has been playing MK since the first game came out. I'm no pro, but I've taken sets off Brady, Pig of the Hut, and other has-been pros; I'm no casual. You're projecting your own dissatifaction onto others, but the truth is that there are plenty of MK fans who are thrilled to have RoboCop as a playable character. You honestly sound like a conspiracy theorist if you think NRS is intentionally releasing bad characters and forcing people to buy them for some reason. But whiners gonna whine, I guess.

oh my oh my oh my god ! sick trailer !!! all of them seems pretty amazing, awesome, wonderful , crazy fantastic !!

They nailed with Fujin, Sheeva and Robocop, specially Robocop ! People are thinking Robo was to be a boring and bland one, but end up being so gorgeous incredible, all of his gameplay, the explicity homages from the movie, all of it !

NRS and Ed Boon :

And you know it, thank for all ! ;)

E
I'm glad he's included. I get to see my childhood favorite in a game all about violence and gore.

Nah fam, this is not a good take.

Fujin is in the new story mode. It won't just be hearing him in intros, it'll be across multiple chapters no doubt.

Voice acting is important, and if we all had the mentality expressed in your post then fuck it - let the Hollywood star that is Ronda Rousey voice everyone.

As I mentioned in my post though, it isn't particularly game breaking. The dude still looks bad ass in every other regard, I'm just personally not a fan of that voice at all. Doesn't sound godlike. Raiden may be an incompetent douche but the voice fits the character.
Good voice acting is a nice bonus, for sure. Getting authentic voice actors is dope, no doubt about that. But it’s just a bonus. As far as gameplay it adds nothing. Competitively speaking it adds nothing. So it just really isn’t that important to me. And certainly not worth complaining about. Like I understand the effort is something to be appreciated, again, with y’all there.

Good voice acting is a nice bonus, for sure. Getting authentic voice actors is dope, no doubt about that. But it’s just a bonus. As far as gameplay it adds nothing. Competitively speaking it adds nothing. So it just really isn’t that important to me. And certainly not worth complaining about. Like I understand the effort is something to be appreciated, again, with y’all there.
That's fair, opinions are opinions, but for me it just helps polish the overall product. Along with visuals etc - which could also be shrugged off as not being important as the quality of them isn't important to the gameplay.

I just can't get on board with his voice, especially when he's included in a story mode that I know he'll be a substantial part of. If it was just intros I'd be completely on your side.

Still gonna main him.