What's new

MK11 Aftermath - New Gameplay Trailer!

Comments

The thing that annoys me the most about this trailer is that I in theory like what they're showing off. For example robocops shield looks like it oculd b e a cool mechanic that really defines how his matches are played.

I expect the reality to be that it doesn't and he instead plays like one of the 4 or 5 archetype templates we got this game. I'm still really hoping we're getting a patch with this to help tweak moves that should be variation defining (ice trap comes to mind), but i'm not holding my breath.

Can we talk about the robo KB they showed isnt it a shared animation for term? Sheeva looks niiicee, theres something off about fujin it's like he looks really dope and kinda jank at the same time I cant really put my finger on it. Excited overall though it didnt say at the bottom that a balence patch was coming with the aftermath pack did it is it 100% confirmed??

The one where she rips the skin off Sindy's arms then stomps on her... oh dear what could happen next :/
She'll rip the skin off them whilst they're pinned down. Harking back to the classic fatality.

Call it something like 'pulling the rug', as they'll be underneath Sheeva when it happens.

Hire me NRS.

I can’t get over the klassic Sheeva, and that spine rip fatality YESSS
Robocop looks absolutely incredible too, so faithful to the movies. Really interested in his play style since there looked like less projectiles than i expected by their description
Fujin looks anime as shit, and I’m not super excited for him so I can’t really comment but I hope the Fujin die hards like what they see :D

Nice trailer. Sheeva's spine rip one of the best fatalities IMO. Actually really painful looking.
God I hope we get a patch or something as well. Not holding my breath tho.

Man this trailer is hype AF, Robocop in particular got from "alright, cool that he's in w/ og voice" to "oh my god, they even brought in ED209"! He has a shit ton of references so definitely hyped to some degree. Sheeva easily wins this trailer based on looks, moves, attitude and intro! Dead Pool wins the most hyped stage look since it's light, thanks god it is not dark like the Soul Chamber! That stage fatality for the Trap Dungeon basically combined the best parts: the spikes and that swinging thing.

Fujin unfortunately while he has some awesome moves left me a little down to be honest. Not a single cross-bow move, the ruined classic cape look with that hair and my own conclusion that tattoos and hair are no customisable gears therefore only the story look so far being cool enough to rock, but can never get my favourite look for him.

E
Sheeva looks like she came straight out of World of Warcraft/Shrek. She looks more like an ogre than something of NRS' own design.

and thats the issue, you and a lot of other people expect something for the update on the 26th no one even said a word about because... why not.?!
I won't get pissed if they don't do it, i'm just expecting it because they did tweaks with every new character so far, this is the biggest expansion yet with 3 new characters at once. Either way a official statement would be good.

and thats the issue, you and a lot of other people expect something for the update on the 26th no one even said a word about because... why not.?!
More because this game is about to have a major expansion released, so logically one would think that a - long overdue - balance patch would come with it, especially to go along with the wave of new players.

Hmmmm

Fujin's moves are really flashy, I hope the opponent can't easily breakaway from his launchers, he seems like he would be a tad slow up-close so he might
be a counter punish character with maybe a touch of rushdown tools. As much as some people flipped about his Anime hair, I didn't really like it...

RoboCop looks like a walking gimmick, seems like his gameplay is slow and full of shooting you in 15 different ways, his Cyrax and Sektor skin feels like a kick to the nutsack.

Sheeva looks interesting, I hope her up3 isn't a whole new wake-up grab mechanic and is unique only to her. over all she's sick in this game!

Last edited:
Maybe RetroKade is Tournament but with classic music and sound effects?
I don't think so.

The Retrokade is a love letter to the fans who’ve been with us since the earliest days of Mortal Kombat. It gleefully mashes up old school game stages with our more modern presentation. It’s like someone opened up a portal to NostalgiaRealm!
Based on the above quote it sounds like it's a visual thing. Seems to be more like they're adding the older backgrounds that rotate through "RetroKade" in a slightly updated fashion. So they're not as immersive or elaborate as the full blown stages, but they're still there as a nostalgic throwback.

So long as it doesn't look like the characters are playing in front of a green screen, sounds like an interesting idea to bring back some of the old stages.

Regarding: the Fujin outfit with Jin Kazama hair.

That outfit is so close to his classic look, cape and all. Elder gods be damned, please, PLEASE say that there is a variation of it with his long hair.