What's new

MK11 Aftermath - New Gameplay Trailer!

Comments

D
lol, I love Sheeva but couldn't give less of a shit about Fujin. He looks like another herp derp WiFi warrior try-hard, but I'm still happy for the players who were looking forward to him. This RoboCop fan has been playing MK since the first game came out. I'm no pro, but I've taken sets off Brady, Pig of the Hut, and other has-been pros; I'm no casual. You're projecting your own dissatifaction onto others, but the truth is that there are plenty of MK fans who are thrilled to have RoboCop as a playable character. You honestly sound like a conspiracy theorist if you think NRS is intentionally releasing bad characters and forcing people to buy them for some reason. But whiners gonna whine, I guess.
I like RoboCop too. I don’t know if you understand what I was trying to point here, but I’m criticizing people that are “I don’t like RoboFlop” but are still buying the bundle. I’m not saying NRS are releasing bad characters. We all know: there a lot of people that didn’t like RoboCop as a guest, and NRS hasn’t added the option to buy the characters separately this time. If you hate Fujin and Sheeva, but love RoboCop, you’re paying the same $40.

I have to wonder if everyone is gonna be able pick up an arcade like Sheeva did. Because I can't see certain characters doing that(Cassie for instance).
Who cares. I want to see her lifting that arcade right now!

It's a great nod to MK3 lol (funnier than Liu's Brutality)

One thing I hate about these trailers is how awesome the music in them are. Only reminds me that it will never make it in-game and we are left with the usual boring music.

how can you not like robocop after this? only thing they fucked up is his gun doing single shots. instead of the brrrrt triple shot he uses in the movies.
Yeah I don't know how you fuck that up. I mean yes the Auto 9 can do normal single fire but it's known mainly for being a 3 round burst semi-machine pistol that can "cut" off limbs. I guess we get the 3 round burst if we EX a move?

Just curious, what did you like about him? I thought he looked boring kind of. Maybe setup potential, but the bonk animation thing they do with “non martial art” characters is played out. I’m just not that down with the idea of Robocop (an incredibly slow cyborg with guns and armor) in this game.

At least Jason, and someone like Michael Meyers do fight and like squeeze people’s head, even if they’re not traditional “fighters”.
Fuck Jason, Michael Myers and robocop

Rewatching the trailer and I've got to say this.

Fujins voice is utter SHITE. Doesn't bother me too much, it's all about the look and gameplay (both areas which are top notch), but holy fuck he has the voice of a petulant bitch boy.
He definitely doesn’t say “finna” and “bae” nearly enough.

One thing I hate about these trailers is how awesome the music in them are. Only reminds me that it will never make it in-game and we are left with the usual boring music.
I don't know, that track sounds exactly like something NRS would make. Especially for a classic stage. It has that PS2 era vibe

I don't know, that track sounds exactly like something NRS would make. Especially for a classic stage. It has that PS2 era vibe
Nah...it's not in the game. Ever since mk9...they've been going for music that fits a cinematic movie because of story mode and what not. Problem is that this is a fighting video game that we spend hundreds of hours on. Catchy music would go a long way. It's my biggest gripe of the new generation of MK games.

marketing 101
sell the thing without being able to upgrade piecemeal for a while to get the max sales and profits from those willing to dip in

inevitably there are those that refuse, which is then when you open the door to let them upgrade piecemeal and introduce them into the ecosystem.
Narr... I think that they will not ever be sold individually, but when Season 2 comes there will be a bundle with Season 2 and 3 at once and another one with Everything.

I feel like the music they use in the trailers are way better than the actual in game stage music and premiere launch music, which past few games have been shitty rap. Their story mode music is epic but yeah I miss the days of the 90's where MK's music was as good as any other fighter. To me their last game with good music was MK 9, but I loved Deception's music. Had this gritty, industrial, mean vibe to it that's been missing the past few games.

Last edited:
Hate to sound like an ass, but the things people choose to care about are so bizarre to me. Y’all really care that much about the characters voice? You’re only going to hear their voice in the intros IF you even let those rock, which to me is a waste of time. I understand me not caring doesn’t mean other people don’t. It just seems like such a trivial and inconsequential thing to complain about.
You mean like before and after launch when people were freaking out over female costumes opposed to, I don't know, gameplay issues that actually affect the gameplay of the game?

On that note, after watching this trailer, Sheeva clearly isn't slutty enough. Screw the overinflated cost of the DLC, that alone is the one and only reason no one should purchase this expansion ever /sarcasm.