What's new

March 28th-31st BETA Characters Revealed!

some of y'all really defending this small beta roster when even games like DoA had the full roster for their betas. they better at least be adding characters on the other days of the beta

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I’m about to destroy people in this beta, no cap. I’ll be on XB1 if anyone wants to try and link up. GT: Juggleypuff
Why no PS4? D:

I'd love to practice with someone much better than me, especially someone who can give me feedback.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Why no PS4? D:

I'd love to practice with someone much better than me, especially someone who can give me feedback.
The XB1 controller for me is far superior to the PS4 one. Once I can get a reliable converter or one of those XB1 style PS4 controllers, I might get it on PS4. I also generally have better matchmaking experiences on XB1, this applies to every game.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Having my main in the beta is bittersweet. I of course want to play him, but don’t love the idea of everyone else and their mother playing him as well. Wouldn’t care if more characters were in the beta.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Mh, only two more. Besides the entire reveal event roster, I was really hoping for Johnny. But I'm still hyped to try everyone that is in, so that'll be enough for one weekend :D

babalook

Noob
Sorry to say, but they confirmed during his reveal that there's no longer an instant-air projectile. However, the Nomad Dash Cancel is still available as a variation option, and it'll cost one bar of offensive meter to use.
Pretty sure NDC cost a bar of defensive meter and if I'm not mistaken they said he doesn't have instant air gas blasts
edit: watch at 18:06 can't link to specific time on TYM for some reason
not that instant air specials weren't in. Also, in the stress test I saw that you can do air specials from a short hop and I'm pretty sure I saw instant air teleports from Scorpion.

Kan't wait to watch MK11 story mode movie on YouTube and then go back to play MK9 and klassic MK games

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I won't lie, a bit bummed no Sub or Raiden but I'm happy Jade and Kabal are in. You know Kabal is going to be the mainstream in this beta lol....especially since no Sub or Raiden. I'm using Jade, Kabal and Skarlet for this beta.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
To everyone complaining about the lack of characters..... IIRC injustice 2 beta added black canary and blue beetle a couple days into the betas life cycle.
So their is a small sliver of hope they add 2 more to the beta at some point.

GIVE ME KOTAL! ON YOUR KNEES!
I like this.

I won't lie either, it is a big slap in the face. They have a banner on the official MK twitter with 8 silhouettes (Raiden, Skarlet, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Sonya, Baraka, Geras, Kabal) advertising why you should pre-order to be able to play the beta- that roster would have been perfect. Instead we're getting half of those +Jade who is not my cup of tea either while Geras is my most anticipated kharacter by far and I wanted to try out the new Sub-Zero, maybe Kabal too. So 3 out of 8 become 1 out of 5 for me.

I have no active PS Plus subscription at the moment because the only multiplayer I play are NRS games and wanted to sign up again for the Beta but right know I'm considering not to. If I subscribe now, I will lose 3 weeks between the Beta and the launch for 1 kharacter I'm interested in. That's not a good deal. If Klassic Tower is there for the whole duration of the beta, I will messing with that to feel out the game instead of signing up and losing three weeks in between. I would have for Geras and Subby but not for Kabal and 4 others I have no intention to play as.

Last edited:

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I was expecting 7-8 characters, but since I want to try all 5 of those selected I can't earnestly complain. I could basically spend a day on every character, which is plenty for me. Condolences to those who were expecting their fave and missed out and were disappointed, though.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I won't lie either, it is a big slap in the face. They have a banner on the official MK twitter with 8 silhouettes (Raiden, Skarlet, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Sonya, Baraka, Geras, Kabal) advertising why you should pre-order to be able to play the beta- that roster would have been perfect. Instead we're getting half of those +Jade who is not my cup of tea either while Geras is my most anticipated kharacter by far and I wanted to try out the new Sub-Zero, maybe Kabal too. So 3 out of 8 become 1 out of 5 for me.

I have no active PS Plus subscription at the moment because the only multiplayer I play are NRS games and wanted to sign up again for the Beta but right know I'm considering not to. If I subscribe now, I will lose 3 weeks between the Beta and the launch for 1 kharacter I'm interested in. That's not a good deal. If Klassic Tower is there for the whole duration of the beta, I will messing with that to feel out the game instead of signing up and losing three weeks in between. I would have for Geras and Subby but not for Kabal and 4 others I have no intention to play as.
It's just a beta. Not a demo.

trufenix

bye felicia

oh no. . . so you're still going to buy it, you're just not going to buy it early because . . . I don't know, you're stanning the Sub Zero and Geras community?

oh no. . . so you're still going to buy it, you're just not going to buy it early because . . . I don't know, you're stanning the Sub Zero and Geras community?
I bought the Premium Edition in the PS Store. I wanted to sign up for PS Plus again for the Beta but maybe I will wait for the full game because I don't like the Beta roster enough to lose 3 weeks I'd rather play as kharacters I actually like. According to the Beta trailer PS Plus is required only for Online matchmaking so I will be able to try out the new mechanics and the kombatants in Klassic Tower. I'm not stanning anything, I have other preferences (Geras, Noob, Kotal, potentially the Kollector, Johnny Cage, Liu Kang, Spawn if he's in).

What's wrong with this?

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!

i was looking forward to Geras as well
:(

smaddy

I'm your huckleberry
The XB1 controller for me is far superior to the PS4 one. Once I can get a reliable converter or one of those XB1 style PS4 controllers, I might get it on PS4. I also generally have better matchmaking experiences on XB1, this applies to every game.
The Brooks Converters work great. I use them on Xbox and PS4 as sometimes I need to convert one to the other.

I'm unbelievably bummed that Geras didn't make the cut for the beta, but I'm glad that the 2 other characters they've added since the stress test are Kabal and Jade. Definitely cannot wait to take Kabal for a spin........ Ok, I'll see myself out now...

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Practice mode!!! Plz @tylerlansdown
I kinda don't like that Scorpion, Baraka and Scarlet are in the next one, we allready tried them, we should get fresh characters.

I'll probably use Jade and Kabal but I would have rather tried Kotal or Jacqui or Cassie and Sub Zero?