What's new

March 28th-31st BETA Characters Revealed!

BlunderGod

The Kollector wants your lunch money
Jade and Kabal were the two characters missing from the build YouTubers got to play two weeks ago, so their inclusion makes sense.

But no Raiden and no Sub-Zero kinda sucks.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Thats weird how they didn't put Sub Zero in the mix. Hell, its weird they only added 2 additional characters in the beta...kinda lame but whateva. Definitely trying Jade and Kabal.

But from my understanding if you pre-order digitally, then the beta code is automatically redeemed?

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
want to learn Kabal's dash cancels, but might be tough without training mode. Guess I'll have to just wing it in the towers for awhile

Leo

Noob
Damn, they did me dirty like this? I had the illusion that Sonya was a given in this beta.

As some have mentioned, this likely means that they're still working on some characters. I'm gonna go ahead and hang onto new illusions, that they're adding some cool shit to her repertoire. Maybe she shows up with some brand new moves.

I'll stick with Baraka, then. Possibly give Jade a go.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
can't wait to see how kabal's instant air projectile and NDC works in this game
Sorry to say, but they confirmed during his reveal that there's no longer an instant-air projectile. However, the Nomad Dash Cancel is still available as a variation option, and it'll cost one bar of offensive meter to use.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
will the customizations be kept for the game?
Yes, you'll be able to customize gear and specials.

want to learn Kabal's dash cancels, but might be tough without training mode. Guess I'll have to just wing it in the towers for awhile
Klassic Tower - very easy mode - practically training mode XD

Damn, they did me dirty like this? I had the illusion that Sonya was a given in this beta.

As some have mentioned, this likely means that they're still working on some characters. I'm gonna go ahead and hang onto new illusions, that they're adding some cool shit to her repertoire. Maybe she shows up with some brand new moves.

I'll stick with Baraka, then. Possibly give Jade a go.
I had my mind set on playing Sonya too, but I think Jade and Kabal may be really cool to try out as well.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I heard someone say they named their variation something like "Just practicing moves" or "Trying to learn moves" or something like that, and that actually helped them find an opponent who was willing to just try and work some stuff out.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
What are you expecting? This is normal. Their betas never have a ton of characters.
Oh you know, I was only expecting the other half of the poster boys...

Or perhaps the 7 reveal characters? It's not like I was expecting half the roster or anything. But the 2 most interesting from the reveal, have been left out of both betas now (sub/raiden).

I'm stoked we got Jade, but like, it feels like jobber town up in here. lol

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I’m about to destroy people in this beta, no cap. I’ll be on XB1 if anyone wants to try and link up. GT: Juggleypuff

I heard someone say they named their variation something like "Just practicing moves" or "Trying to learn moves" or something like that, and that actually helped them find an opponent who was willing to just try and work some stuff out.
Well since the Klassic Towers will be available, you should be able to practice your moves there first. If you wanna test stuff it’s best to try and link up with a friend or people here on TYM.