What's new

Lobo New and Improved BnB Thread post 1.06

Loading up trait ala GA, by dropping the combo, is very important now imo. If there's a certain matchup where the opponent is running away like crazy (GL, Raven, DS, and Sinestro come to mind), ending with 21 xx load or f21 xx load is necessary. With a full trait loaded, we can threaten them to stop chucking shit at us, since we can punish every option they have with 28% unclashable damage or a single shot if we don't have meter, ultimately letting us get in there.

And if we're feeling extra dickish, there's the meaty pump shot setup that guarantees either 7% chip damage or 16% if the opponent tries waking up through it. It's not as viable, since there are a ton of wakeups that can go right through the pump shot, like Batman or KF's slide, but it's another option nonetheless.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Don't care if it's 60%, having to use 3 bars with Lobo is never a good idea.
Very true. I would only argue that they are good to know if your opponent is at 60% and doesn't have clash left... lol. But otherwise, we can squeeze just shy of 60% out with one bar and a BGB interactable.

StevoSuprem0

Loading up trait ala GA, by dropping the combo, is very important now imo. If there's a certain matchup where the opponent is running away like crazy (GL, Raven, DS, and Sinestro come to mind), ending with 21 xx load or f21 xx load is necessary. With a full trait loaded, we can threaten them to stop chucking shit at us, since we can punish every option they have with 28% unclashable damage or a single shot if we don't have meter, ultimately letting us get in there.

And if we're feeling extra dickish, there's the meaty pump shot setup that guarantees either 7% chip damage or 16% if the opponent tries waking up through it. It's not as viable, since there are a ton of wakeups that can go right through the pump shot, like Batman or KF's slide, but it's another option nonetheless.
Definitely :). The one thing that I would add to this is when GL is fullscreen, he can't really catch you with anything there and you can safeload all you want. Best he has is the bullet, which isn't gonna be catching you on reaction. But when he is anywhere closer on you he will be jumping around shooting them down and catching you with them or can check you with lift, so gotta watch out for that stuff. Once loaded though, we can just blast him outta the sky, so fullscreen is our friend in that matchup now.

axeman87

Noob
Very true. I would only argue that they are good to know if your opponent is at 60% and doesn't have clash left... lol. But otherwise, we can squeeze just shy of 60% out with one bar and a BGB interactable.

Yeh, just doing 2x MB Trait shots would be 56% and there's no combo to drop.

Nice combo though, good to know just in case.

What are you guys doing for AA?

Spin Cycle works, but I can't do it on reaction.

I think all the chains are too low... standing 3 maybe?

StevoSuprem0

Yeh, just doing 2x MB Trait shots would be 56% and there's no combo to drop.

Nice combo though, good to know just in case.

Yeah, standing 3 and d2 are the best options. Spin cycle requires pretty quick reaction time, which I lack :oops:.

i wonder if yall are anygood at all lol.lobo can easily do a 60 1 bar or two. or arn your character
Yup... most of them are posted in this thread. Thanks for playing.

i wonder if yall are any good at all lol.lobo can easily do a 60 1 bar or two. or arn your character

yep, everyone is bad/doesn't know a thing about the character because they're not doing 60% combos and choosing to end combos properly so we can follow up with oki or by loading a trait. The best part is that Lobo does around mid-50's % for a bar and trait, so people not doing combos that do around 5% more are considered un-knowledgeable of their own character is great.

And everyone's posted a million of those 60% combos in the previous thread, right before it got closed down. There's some people in here that I cannot vouch for, but I am very sure most of the people that have contributed to this thread are at least knowledgeable of the character they're discussing.

Yashiro Aniki

Aniki of Steel

Hi again, what is the notation for the unclashable damage?

keep it hp guys! it really help me to improve useing Lobo ^^

Hi again, what is the notation for the unclashable damage?

keep it hp guys! it really help me to improve useing Lobo ^^

If you do MB Pump Shot (the straight high shot) with 2 trait shells loaded, it leads to that much damage and it's unclashable. It's 26% if you just do the Mid hitting MB Pump Shot, and I think around 24% if you MB Low Shot for whatever reason.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'

You're trying Spin Cycle? Are you mad? I can't ever seem to connect that move. It seems their jump in attacks have more range and/or priority than our air throw.
Grundy doesn't have this problem because his height can pluck you out of the peak of your jump. But compared to Grundy, Lobo is a little manlet.

axeman87

Noob
You're trying Spin Cycle? Are you mad? .
Sometimes it works, but you're right, mostly it doesn't. I think it only works right when the opponent is jumping in, (on the way up before an attack) but other than that almost everything seems to beat it which sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
The only time I use Spin Cycle is in a combo, trying to push the opponent to the corner behind me (because that corner would be the closer corner of the two). Other than that, it's way too unreliable as antiair. Standing 3 to reload or Hook Charge is more consistent, imo.