What's new

Lobo New and Improved BnB Thread post 1.06

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
Here's my unnecessary high damage 4 bar combo, background bounce, trait combo.
F21, Cancel into MB F3, B2U1,113, MB Czar Toss, B2U1, Background Bounce, B2U1, MB Spin Cycle
76% Damage, Can't to pull this off in every match ever.

SaltyPrime

More salt please.
I'm having some real trouble getting toss out after 113. Is it just my timing? Should I just drill it in training over and over and over till its embedded into my muscles and I can throw it out in my sleep? FYI I'm still a noob and Lobo is the first character I've ever wanted to stick with and learn. Also using a PS3 pad if that matters at all.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
I'm having some real trouble getting toss out after 113. Is it just my timing? Should I just drill it in training over and over and over till its embedded into my muscles and I can throw it out in my sleep? FYI I'm still a noob and Lobo is the first character I've ever wanted to stick with and learn. Also using a PS3 pad if that matters at all.
I'd say we've all had that problem when learning Lobo, buddy. DBF can be a hard motion to cancel into, and today I still have trouble doing it sometimes.
Keep practicing it and you'll be a Lopro in no time :cool:

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
I usually mash out 113 and then enter the toss input as be pauses slightly right before the overhead hook (3). Seems to work pretty well.

Input the string as 11D3, then cancel into Czar Toss as if it's motion is BF2.

so it'd look like this

11D3 xx bf2.

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
I'm having a big trouble getting b3 out after Czar Toss. This shit simply don't connect.

StevoSuprem0

I'm having a big trouble getting b3 out after Czar Toss. This shit simply don't connect.
Wait until they reach the peak of the bounce after the toss and them do the input. Mashing it doesn't work consistently at all. Everyone struggled with that when he first came out, but once you get the timing it's not too bad, though can still be annoying online sometimes:rolleyes:.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Yea, I'm sacrificing a little damage, but even a successful wall bounce is annoying for me personally, because the distance from the wall always needs to be taken into consideration. I'm still taking upwards of 35-40%, so I'm good.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
That reminds me: I gotta start ending my combos with 112, reload or f+2,1 reload. Nuke shots are insanely important now. It's a game changer if I ever saw one.. Anyone with a reactable start up on their projectile/no projectile can be pseudo zoned now.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Hey guys. I've started loading trait at the end of a combo instead of a special finisher now. Similar to how Green Arrow plays.

Just wondered if you guys think the damage trade off is worth it.
Like Hollow said above me, those nukie-dukies are very important to keep loaded.

StevoSuprem0

I think it's matchup dependent. If that full screen presence is important in the matchup, hell yeah load the shells. If not, or if it's easy to load up in the neutral setting without getting punished, take the damage. There are a few matchups that can't easily punish it on reaction.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Hey guys. I've started loading trait at the end of a combo instead of a special finisher now. Similar to how Green Arrow plays.

Just wondered if you guys think the damage trade off is worth it.
Like Hollow said above me, those nukie-dukies are very important to keep loaded.
Most DEF! Just the treat of loaded shots is enough to deter your opponent from acting. Once he's in range, there are alot of attacks they simply can't do casually anymore. No From the Deeps (punish on block) no Batarangs (I shoot on reaction and take the trade off, every time). Any slow traveling projectiles, Lobo can trade with on reaction. Almost everything else, he can duck and close the distance or whiff punish. I hate you, Sinestro...

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
I think it's matchup dependent. If that full screen presence is important in the matchup, hell yeah load the shells. If not, or if it's easy to load up in the neutral setting without getting punished, take the damage. There are a few matchups that can't easily punish it on reaction.
I'm REALLY learning that lately. I look at the 49 frame recovery and I think "Damn. That's a long time." but I am understanding: Players need so many frames to be able to react, input the command, then the start up of the character, travel frames of the character/projectile. You add all that and it greatly exceeds that 49 frames. Every time. As long as we arent predictable with them or we are ending our combos with a reload, we should be good. I hate you, Superman...

StevoSuprem0

Haha yeah, some you need to watch out for are things like Green Lantern's Lift and Raven's Crush and things like those where the travel time is nil, and fast projectiles like Zod's sidearm and Deathstroke's guns. Those, you need to probably hit confirm into or really learn the spacing and play some mind games.

MILE_HIGH_CLUB

FREEDOM'S LABORATORY
A lil trait setup I had after the patch vid is old but viable especially for those button mashing Wakeup players or even a player with experience

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Haha yeah, some you need to watch out for are things like Green Lantern's Lift and Raven's Crush and things like those where the travel time is nil, and fast projectiles like Zod's sidearm and Deathstroke's guns. Those, you need to probably hit confirm into or really learn the spacing and play some mind games.
I get in range and turtle. Unless they jump, I really don't do anything. GL should get a high nuke meter burned, as should Raven. DS should get the mid shot if he shoots low. Either the start up or the recovery should be punished.