What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang Liu Kang and recommended nerf / information

omooba

fear the moobs
Mostly stagger and parry and some of the things people said before.

I honestly hope they don't Nerf F213 the wrong way and end up hurting which will change the overally playstyle of DF and FF a little. I was playing against a clan mate who was trying out DF earlier and I do agree that Liu infinite blockstring has to be fix and Liu have to be needed properly.

No matter what changes Liu has I'll still use him.
i guess that's still useable but i feel like he would be pretty bad if all he had to go on is staggers. look at all the pressure characters who have staggers adn something else be it run cancels or ex moves for pls frames. i just feel like he already doesn't have that much but eh it could still work

Diego de Souza Costa

***The Soul Consuming Darkness***
They need to do something with this character ASAP... he has top 3 zoning/counter-zoning, insanely good and safe pressure, an armor breaking normal, and he can build meter faster than a rabbit can fuck another rabbit.....

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Imagine if Liu Kang still had better MUs....oh he does
You're missing the point, Hellfire had the pressure of Dragon's Fire plus the things I mentioned, Hellfire was too much man. The only thing they really need to address is DF's fk mb to be 0 on block, so that everyone has the chance to escape the pressure.

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
Hi guys, just a quick video to clarify as to why destroying liu kangs true block strings is not the best idea and reasons as to why. Also I forgot to mention in the video that nerfing his f213 string only will GREATLY affect his other two vartiations.

p.s we all know liu kang should be nerfed but in the correct manner, i am not a downplayer but have always been a Liu kang up player since the beginning. :D thanks bros
Suggested Changes to Dragon Fire Liu Kang: (( one should be implemented either #1 or #2 because both will fix the problem ))

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Make each Fireballs Cancels consume 70-75% of one bar of Stamina so that he can only do Two reps of the Block infinite string (( F213 -> FBRC -> F213 -> BF2 MB Bicycle Kick, ( Liu Kang Will be able to Front dash if he want to go for the third rep if the opponent was caught sleeping ------ (( F213 -> FBRC -> F213 -> FB dash-cancel -> F213 -> BF2 MB Bicycle Kick.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. BF2 MB Bicycle Kick remains +2 on Block, BUT:

BF2 MB Bicycle Kick if done Midscreen while on block, the opponent is pushed back to the point that none of Liu Kang's normals could reach his opponent. (( except for B2 ))

BF2 MB Bicycle Kick if done in the corner while on block, Liu Kang is pushed back to the point that none of Liu Kang's normals could reach his opponent. (( except for B2 ))

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
you wouldn't kill Kang if you "kill" the cancels, Jax has negative cancels and is still a great character. I'd do both cancels and mb flying kick nerfs, or maybe go a bit easier on the cancel nerf but make f2 an high.

let's be honest here, if you don't do anything about the cancels Kang will still get insane chip, 1 entire bar of meter if not more and he can still spend a bar to make the opponent guess. and he still has zoning.

Kaneki

UPR Kaneki
You're missing the point, Hellfire had the pressure of Dragon's Fire plus the things I mentioned, Hellfire was too much man. The only thing they really need to address is DF's fk mb to be 0 on block, so that everyone has the chance to escape the pressure.
It's would certainly fix him a little bit with an additional non hurtful tweaks.The way he is right now is too dangerous when played in the right hands.

i guess that's still useable but i feel like he would be pretty bad if all he had to go on is staggers. look at all the pressure characters who have staggers adn something else be it run cancels or ex moves for pls frames. i just feel like he already doesn't have that much but eh it could still work
The only reason FF could stagger so well is because people will be expecting windmill punch or a parry(which they can low poke out of)but take that away and he another mileena without proper 5050 and less options to pressure

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Suggested Changes to Dragon Fire Liu Kang: (( one should be implemented either #1 or #2 because both will fix the problem ))

1. Make each Fireballs Cancels consume 70-75% of one bar of Stamina so that he can only do Two reps of the Block infinite string (( F213 -> FBRC -> F213 -> BF2 MB Bicycle Kick, ( Liu Kang Will be able to Front dash if he want to go for the third rep if the opponent was caught sleeping ------ (( F213 -> FBRC -> F213 -> FB dash-cancel -> F213 -> BF2 MB Bicycle Kick.

2. BF2 MB Bicycle Kick remains +2 on Block, BUT:

BF2 MB Bicycle Kick if done Midscreen while on block, the opponent is pushed back to the point that none of Liu Kang's normals could reach his opponent. (( except for B2 ))

BF2 MB Bicycle Kick if done in the corner while on block, Liu Kang is pushed back to the point that none of Liu Kang's normals could reach his opponent. (( except for B2 ))

Yeah, there are certainly better options to fix this issue without killing the character, but it seems that the majority of players just don't care, at this point , people just want the luxury nerf DF's RCs...

x-azeez

you wouldn't kill Kang if you "kill" the cancels, Jax has negative cancels and is still a great character. I'd do both cancels and mb flying kick nerfs, or maybe go a bit easier on the cancel nerf but make f2 an high.

let's be honest here, if you don't do anything about the cancels Kang will still get insane chip, 1 entire bar of meter if not more and if he spends a bar he can make the opponent guess.
a High F2 will kill Dualist and Flame Fist

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
a High F2 will kill Dualist and Flame Fist
it wouldn't kill flame fist in the slightest and to be honest I think would help against Dualist's f213xxStanceChange loop that is already kind of annoying, then they can buff Dualist if it's needed.

ps: flame fist could use a little nerf imo.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Jax is not built around cancels...that isnt even comparable. Would make more since to compare liu cancel nerfs to how dvorah or johnny would deal with them. Cancels with jax are more of an added bonus imo, like gunslinger erron. Those 3 are built around their cancels though.

x-azeez

it wouldn't kill flame fist in the slightest and to be honest I think would help against Dualist's f213xxStanceChange loop that is already kind of annoying, then they can buff Dualist if it's needed.

ps: flame fist could use a little nerf imo.
The only nerf Flame Fist should receive is more Recovery on his low fireball

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Jax is not built around cancels...that isnt even comparable. Would make more since to compare liu cancel nerfs to how dvorah or johnny would deal with them. Cancels with jax are more of an added bonus imo, like gunslinger erron. Those 3 are built around their cancels though.
you do make a good point (even though I don't think that D'Vorah is one of them), but I still think that his canels could be toned down heavily, not necessarely making them negative.

ps: I think that unlike Cage, Kang would still be very viable even with negative cancels, but I agree that NRS could try with a slighter nerf first.

The only nerf Flame Fist should receive is more Recovery on his low fireball
I'd remove the ability to 2in1 cancel out of shaolin flame, but ur idea is valid too.

Last edited:

omooba

fear the moobs
wouldn't plus 1 on block accomplish the same thing? all you need now is 8 frames to trade and other than liu kang i think everyone has an 8 frame move
i'm not sure though so don't eat me