What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang Liu Kang and recommended nerf / information

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Because it changes a million scenarios instead of just changing the one that people are complaining about. For instance every frame trap that requires a mid to get out would then default to d1 which is not a combo punish. Liu Kang's largest weakness is characters like himself. Pressure with small gaps. He has to outplay those characters with zoning and keeping his pressure on. When he is being pressure he has no threat since his armor is not very strong.
He has a 6f standing normal that can be converted into a full meterless combo, which is faster than his b1 now anyway. Pressure with small gaps that are too small for b1 use anyway, so he has to hold it or use his safe armour, so I can't see the relevance of your post unless I have misunderstood.

Besides, I'm talking about nerfing by a frame or 2.

It is the reverse options, you are basically removing an option in the mid to combo start / reverse pressure.
The options you list 6f high, back dash, jump, armor are all great but here is the break down you are cornered and you block a hat spin.

6f high - low profiled and hit by d1
back dash - same position his turn
jump - forward or back hit convert, neutral same position his turn
armor - congrats you got out of his d1 for a meter.

you have 1 favorable outcome from his d1 that costs a meter and gives you space. if you had zero meter you are boned forever till you get a meter.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
The block infinite has to go, Zyphox destroyed DJT with it on stream, adding a gap after b1 to armor out, and reducing the +frames after cancel, flamefists is not as bad offline as it is online (play murk online to see the online tactic abuse)
No...zyphox did not block infinite djt. People talk about a character and dont even know what they are talking about.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
It is the reverse options, you are basically removing an option in the mid to combo start / reverse pressure.
The options you list 6f high, back dash, jump, armor are all great but here is the break down you are cornered and you block a hat spin.

6f high - low profiled and hit by d1
back dash - same position his turn
jump - forward or back hit convert, neutral same position his turn
armor - congrats you got out of his d1 for a meter.

you have 1 favorable outcome from his d1 that costs a meter and gives you space. if you had zero meter you are boned forever till you get a meter.
It b1 is only 1 frame slower then KL would still have to block after a hat spin, but it gives a range of characters the ability to get a poke out of LK's pressure.

He's mentioned Murk "abusing online tactics" more than once. I don't get it. Wouldn't that be the case for ANYONE that plays online? >_>
You know that Liu, Mileena and Takeda have way better recovery online now do you? some characters feel the same but this 3 are better online.