What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang Liu Kang and recommended nerf / information

Imagine if Dragon's Fire had fast air to air, pokes, a vortex and Flame Aura...
ppl just want to kill the character....

right above, u can see someone asking for, in other words, liu's flying kick MB push back, so his NORMALS can't reach, except b2 (so just block high then punish). they know he has trash normals, but who cares, let's nerf.

flying kick MB + 0 on block, that's all nerfs he needs.

You're missing the point, Hellfire had the pressure of Dragon's Fire plus the things I mentioned, Hellfire was too much man. The only thing they really need to address is DF's fk mb to be 0 on block, so that everyone has the chance to escape the pressure.
They nerfed 214 universally, taking away the extreme advantage he had after 214 xx FBC and fucking up stuff in his other variations as well.

DF pressure is exactly like Hellfire's was B, so how can you say that then try to make a case to not nerf it?

Hellfire is still very competitive without guaranteed/loop-able pressure. He don't need it B.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
They nerfed 214 universally, taking away the extreme advantage he had after 214 xx FBC and fucking up stuff in his other variations as well.

DF pressure is exactly like Hellfire's was B, so how can you say that then try to make a case to not nerf it?

Hellfire is still very competitive without guaranteed/loop-able pressure. He don't need it B.
The difference is scorpion has a damage buff (flame aura), a vortex (f4 is slow but still an overhead starter) with b3 as a low starter that can net him 40% before restanding you and forcing a guess. He most definitely did not need guaranteed blockstrings. If liu could activate his ff buff in dragons fire and if he had an overhead starter, id compare him to scorpion.

Personally idc about nerf this or buff that, nrs can do as they see fit, but i hate seeing the scorp liu comparison when they are nothing alike

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!

They nerfed Liu's F213 and and Dualist became worse even with the compensation they gave him , to further nerf it is just an awful idea. And please, DF doesn't have guaranteed loopable pressure, did you even watch Xarakamakas video? We all agree Liu still needs to get nerfed, but in the proper way, we all agree it would be fair that fk mb needs to be 0 on block, so that everyone can easily escape it. Isn't that enough?

Last edited:

you havent watched my video at all have you, even when you take away his fb cancels then he can still do the same thing as before since his fk mb will still be plus 2 lol. it wont change anything when those characters have no meter

They nerfed Liu's F213 and and Dualist became worse even with the compensation they gave him , to further nerf it is just an awful idea. And please, DF doesn't have guaranteed pressure loopable pressure, did you even watch Xarakamakas video? We all agree Liu still needs to get nerfed, but in the proper way, we all agree it would be fair that fk mb needs to be 0 on block, so that everyone can easily escape it. Isn't that enough?
sorry i put my response to that dude before even checking your response to him lol, my bad.

disagree i honestly think most characters in the game have only 1 variation that isn't viable but on the liu kang topic i really hope they just leave dragons fire alone and buff dualist and maybe give flame fist a way to be safe without spending bar(which isn't necessarily safe)
Oh yes yes leave it alone he can wall block infinite more than half of the cast, but lets leave it like that...

there is no such thing as an infinite with liu kang, please tell me this infinite. ppl need to think for themselves. write us all this infinite please
NEC Zyphox vs DJT tremor for example, if you dont have a 6 frame poke or a 8 frame armor your screwed, DJT has match knowleadge, why didnt ge get out of the wall? HE COULDNT, even commentators said it, hes cancels need to be less plus on block, thats all problem fixed. So people could armor out after the cancels like with tanya.

PapaRegadetho

NEC Zyphox vs DJT tremor for example, if you dont have a 6 frame poke or a 8 frame armor your screwed, DJT has match knowleadge, why didnt ge get out of the wall? HE COULDNT, even commentators said it, hes cancels need to be less plus on block, thats all problem fixed. So people could armor out after the cancels like with tanya.

Omg, Tremor has a 7 frame high whaaaaat block infinite??

its a just frame for both characters, in most cases it will trade.
And you think its "OK" to take a big risk to a very small reward? if your unlucky you will get a full combo again into blocking? jejeje thanks god your not the one doing the balance patch, this must get normalized, I trust NRS with the patching, they have been doing good.

Tweedy

Noob
You're missing the point, Hellfire had the pressure of Dragon's Fire plus the things I mentioned, Hellfire was too much man. The only thing they really need to address is DF's fk mb to be 0 on block, so that everyone has the chance to escape the pressure.
Doesn't have a vortex, never has.

PapaRegadetho

And you think its "OK" to take a big risk to a very small reward? if your unlucky you will get a full combo again into blocking? jejeje thanks god your not the one doing the balance patch, this must get normalized, I trust NRS with the patching, they have been doing good.
I said, including all Liu Kang mains that fk mb needs to be neutral on block, that's the only nerf Liu Kang needs,so everyone can escape his pressure easily, what else do you guys want? Jesus...and btw, Tremor has full combo punish aswell, its a risk for both sides.

I said, including all Liu Kang mains that fk mb needs to be neutral on block, that's the only nerf Liu Kang needs,so everyone can escape his pressure easily, what else do you guys want? Jesus...
d3 0 on block, all cancels have 2 more frames before being able to do something, they did it with tanya and shes still amazing.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
you havent watched my video at all have you, even when you take away his fb cancels then he can still do the same thing as before since his fk mb will still be plus 2 lol. it wont change anything when those characters have no meter
Man i can see nrs nerfing his fk mb into 0 on blk and ruining his cancels . that would destroy the char and make him more or less useless right?
I think his blkstrings should stay the way they are since as you mentioned in the video are hard to pull off. When Tekken is allowed to have stuff like bryans taunt to jet upper (which is hard as hell to pull off) why arent we allowed to get a reward for high execution stuff.

PapaRegadetho

Man i can see nrs nerfing his fk mb into 0 on blk and ruining his cancels . that would destroy the char and make him more or less useless right?
I think his blkstrings should stay the way they are since as you mentioned in the video are hard to pull off. When Tekken is allowed to have stuff like bryans taunt to jet upper (which is hard as hell to pull off) why arent we allowed to get a reward for high execution stuff.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised...but I will lmao if Summoner stays untouched.

The difference is scorpion has a damage buff (flame aura), a vortex (f4 is slow but still an overhead starter) with b3 as a low starter that can net him 40% before restanding you and forcing a guess. He most definitely did not need guaranteed blockstrings. If liu could activate his ff buff in dragons fire and if he had an overhead starter, id compare him to scorpion.

Personally idc about nerf this or buff that, nrs can do as they see fit, but i hate seeing the scorp liu comparison when they are nothing alike
He can combo of F4 but nobody gets hit with that shit B let's be serious.

So what? Liu Kang has good armor, great neutral game, & zoning, so what's your point? NRS nerfed the guaranteed/looping FBCs obviously because the tactic is unfair & OP.

I guarantee the nerf hammer is coming.

They nerfed Liu's F213 and and Dualist became worse even with the compensation they gave him , to further nerf it is just an awful idea. And please, DF doesn't have guaranteed loopable pressure, did you even watch Xarakamakas video? We all agree Liu still needs to get nerfed, but in the proper way, we all agree it would be fair that fk mb needs to be 0 on block, so that everyone can easily escape it. Isn't that enough?
No it's not enough. Nerf him into the ground for all I care.