What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang Liu Kang and recommended nerf / information

Hi guys, just a quick video to clarify as to why destroying liu kangs true block strings is not the best idea and reasons as to why. Also I forgot to mention in the video that nerfing his f213 string only will GREATLY affect his other two vartiations.

p.s we all know liu kang should be nerfed but in the correct manner, i am not a downplayer but have always been a Liu kang up player since the beginning. :D thanks bros

The block infinite has to go, Zyphox destroyed DJT with it on stream, adding a gap after b1 to armor out, and reducing the +frames after cancel, flamefists is not as bad offline as it is online (play murk online to see the online tactic abuse)

The block infinite has to go, Zyphox destroyed DJT with it on stream, adding a gap after b1 to armor out, and reducing the +frames after cancel, flamefists is not as bad offline as it is online (play murk online to see the online tactic abuse)
Kung lao is destroying anyone everywhere too:DOGE
plus, watch reo's match against a JC in NEC... PewPewPew...

Leave kang alone!:eek:

useless you say? I would Say piece of crap:confused:
I guess Cage is better than him with pressure, cause a overhead starter for combos, and 113 being able to mix up, a very good string to break armor which I don't remember the inputs:D,plus cancels makes his mix ups SAFE.
also, is far better for defense. not asking Cage nerfs, comparing only....
don't know why ppl complain so much about liu. So salt. where is that infinite I can't see? lel
liu is pure chip, nothing else.

Does your char can have all top points, but mine can't get the best armor breaking?
Again, there's no infinite zZZ
:coffee:;)

st9rm

viennality.com
I guess Cage is better than him with pressure, cause a overhead starter for combos, and 113 being able to mix up, a very good string to break armor which I don't remember the inputs:D,plus cancels makes his mix ups SAFE.
don't know why ppl complain so much about liu. So salt. where is that infinite I can't see? lel

Does your char can have all top points, but mine can't get the best armor breaking?
please pick up takeda and play a set vs @xarakamaka ;)

back to topic though:
i agree with making his flyingkick MB 0 on block as well as maybe adding some pushback

Wigy

There it is...
bf2 mb needs to be 0 on block, he currently rolls over any character with 8frame fastest moves because of this one stupid move.

Maybe make b2 more negative so the whole cast can properly punish, increase recovery on low fireballs by 5 or so frames.

DF Liu Kang is never present in final stages of any tournament, because his execution is hard to master. Being an execution-heavy char, casual players, like me, can't even use Liu to his best potential. I would be very dissapointed if liu cancels would be nerfed
not sooooo hard, but hard. ridiculous hard are the xaraka's hype-iafb x? combos:D.Ppl don't care it's hard, or one error u get full combo salad. they only require nerfs to any char except their main:coffee:

Wigy

There it is...

Cage does not have a better defence. All your armour is safe, it can be low profiled but so can cages. Both of them have slow pokes but at least have a 6 normal. Not to mention your unreal uppercut which stops jump ins.

You have amazing zoning which you've neglected to mention and also cages mixups can all be fuzzy guarded.

Don't compare liu to a character you clearly have no grasp of

Why not make b1 slower instead of nerfing + frames on MB kick? Personally I'd like flying kick to be a high, so he can't just throw it out from 3/4 screen and be in your face at advantage.
Because it changes a million scenarios instead of just changing the one that people are complaining about. For instance every frame trap that requires a mid to get out would then default to d1 which is not a combo punish. Liu Kang's largest weakness is characters like himself. Pressure with small gaps. He has to outplay those characters with zoning and keeping his pressure on. When he is being pressure he has no threat since his armor is not very strong.

n
Cage does not have a better defence. All your armour is safe, it can be low profiled but so can cages. Both of them have slow pokes but at least have a 6 normal. Not to mention your unreal uppercut which stops jump ins.

You have amazing zoning which you've neglected to mention and also cages mixups can all be fuzzy guarded.

Don't compare liu to a character you clearly have no grasp of
ex-nut punch going to combo and stand reset? at least, u have mix ups:confused:, becoming safe with cancels
try watch some killerXinok matches and u will see how good cage is. don't get salty.

xXxNasHxXx

Mighty Champion of EarthRealm
Bicycle kick being 0 sounds actually pretty reasonable, if a lot of liu kang members agree it's pretty fair nerf and you still have a parry option to scare people from poking or armor right after and then again liu in anyone's face is scary.
Parry is in different variation (Flame Fist), we are here discussing Dragon Fire Liu Kang...