What's new

List of Locations for UMK3 and other MK Arcade Machines

I found something...I found a UMK3 machine at a local supermarket...forgot the name of it...but it just so happens to be running MK1...and the buttons seem to be broke as well as the joystick being dead because my character was always ducking. It wasn't a good experience, but I found a UMK3 machine that runs MK1 that will not likely survive in its condition...that was a tiny piece of MK I found in Richmond, and probably all I get.

T

TempesT

Going to my local arcade tommorow to check if they have a UMK machine ;o

Anyone within.. eh. 50 miles of SeaWorld Orlando care to PM/post/email me some UMK3/MK machine locations? I haven't played MK in arcades in over 8 years.

Found one at Garcia's Pizza in Champaign Illinois. There's a Mortal Kombat 4 machine at this Decatur Conference and Center Hotel. The High Kick buttons don't work on both sides. That's only for MK4. UMK3 works like it just got bought new. Has the 3 characters (Mileena, Ermac, C. Sub-Zero)

Kaiba

Noob
FINALLY UMK3 comes back to Dallas @ Valley View Mall. The mall is located off I-635. I got a chance to play it again and it seemed to be very functional. Joysticks and buttons respond very well. Looking forward to resuming the destruction of local players once again. :twisted:

They should do a MK4 Road Tour 2007 or something like that to celebrate 10 years since it came out. Where all the machines come out to places. That's what they should've done for the UMK3 10th anniversary.

Kazlaz

Noob
lol @ mk4 roadtrip

that game was fun but you can play that shit for 5 mins and have general knoweldge of game and pull off 50 - 60% combos

I local video game store called G2K games that I work at in Norton Virginia has a UMK3 machine. I play it during all of my lunch breaks! :)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
There really are a lot of locations now, anyone feeling like making a round up post of all of them and the basic info?

Tim Static

Adminerator
TheRagingStorm said:
Kaiba said:
I saw a MKII cabinet at some kids day care. I saw it in the background during a local news report.
ten years ago, that would have been a problem and it would have been that serious...
The VERY first time I ever saw MK was in 1991 at the local Chuck E. Cheese family fun place. Yes, you read correctly. I turned a corner and saw two guys playing it and one of the guys was some blue ninja who threw ice balls at his opponents. That blue ninja won the match and then ripped the head off his opponent.

I was hooked. And I still am.

Any MK boxes in OH-IO??? :(

Tim Static said:
TheRagingStorm said:
Kaiba said:
I saw a MKII cabinet at some kids day care. I saw it in the background during a local news report.
ten years ago, that would have been a problem and it would have been that serious...
The VERY first time I ever saw MK was in 1991 at the local Chuck E. Cheese family fun place. Yes, you read correctly. I turned a corner and saw two guys playing it and one of the guys was some blue ninja who threw ice balls at his opponents. That blue ninja won the match and then ripped the head off his opponent.

I was hooked. And I still am.

Any MK boxes in OH-IO??? :(
OMFG!!!!! FINALLY!! I'm NOT the only one who made this confession!!! Chuck E. Cheese was where its at back then!

Tim Static

Adminerator
Haha....still is the place....Uh, for my kids.

as there about 2 months...and guess what?

NO MK games. lol

I was shocked. :roll:

I hate censorship

Trenia

Noob
The first one I saw was at the arcade in the mall. It was an MKII machine, that was easily rigged for free games. I offered to buy it a buncha times but the manager wouldn't sell it to me. I played on it about a month before katrina. When I came back it was gone. :(

Trenia said:
The first one I saw was at the arcade in the mall. It was an MKII machine, that was easily rigged for free games. I offered to buy it a buncha times but the manager wouldn't sell it to me. I played on it about a month before katrina. When I came back it was gone. :(
That is indeed a very sad story. :(

Oh man I was up in Orlando visting blizzard beach on my 1 year with my girl, and we stayed at a decent motel. I went to the arcade expecting to play some air hockey, and I see an UMK3 box. I was so happy. My girlfriend got so pissed because I spent a good 2 hours teaming up with some Mexican guy beating the computer. The joystick was broken on both sides though =(

Oh and the Royal Pacific hotel at city walk in orlando has a MK4 box. It's alot of fun. =D

Kazlaz

Noob
im actualy looking for a PCB so i could make one

figured its not that hard :p

i mean i can already do the shit if its like all the SF games and shit then its sorta like

you have a CPS2 box *sorta like the console*

then you plug up the game pcb into that with a connector *sorta like the game

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
A few MK sightings from my recent Florida vacation:

first Ramada hotel I was at had a MK II machine. First player stick was pretty busted, didn't try the second one. This was in Ft. Lauderdale.

Next I was shocked to find a UMK3 cabinet on the "Regal Empress" cruise ship, from the "Imperial Majesty" cruise line!

Finally another Ramada in Orlando had a jumbo-size MK4 cabinet. However it had blood and autocombos (!) disabled.

I will try to post more specific location info later.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
It'd be funny to have a little MK icon floating back and forth in the ocean on the map lol.