What's new

Lex Luthor Gameplay in New Cinematic Injustice: GAU Trailer

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
(before watching the video) #Hoping for any Wonder Woman gameplay
There is no gameplay, remember those really bad MK9 trailers that showed the characters fighting in slowmotion from the side, and how it makes the game look completely retarded and janky as fuck since your really not supposed to view it from that angel? Ya its more of that.

I really don't understand NRS's marketing department, its like they go out of there way sometimes to show there games in the worst possible light.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
There is no gameplay, remember those really bad MK9 trailers that showed the characters fighting in slowmotion from the side, and how it makes the game look completely retarded and janky as fuck since your really not supposed to view it from that angel? Ya its more of that.

I really don't understand NRS's marketing department, its like they go out of there way sometimes to show there games in the worst possible light.
I kinda agree, maybe they don't want to overhype the game, or keep the people hungry for when it comes out.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
our boy JaeRoar with yet another amazing vid regarding this news... (make sure you subscribe to hjis channel... HIs injustice content is the best. STORMS

If you watched the Lex trailer just now i feel like this vid is a must to understand what some of the potential stages and also potentially a big spoiler (its speculation but it has good potential)

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
Wow, this trailer really hurt Batman (for me at least)- his chest looks retarded and his voice sounded terrible there. Supe's voice was kinda "eww" too. Lex & Joker -> yawn & roll eyes...

Say what you want about games like MvC3, SF x TK or any Capcom fighting game, the company are absolute pro's at generating hype through the cinematic trailers they release over the months leading up to release. I loved all of the MvC3 and SF x TK trailers.
Chances are high that I'm getting banned now, but I'm still going to do it.

SHUT THE FUCK, YOU STUPID, FUCKING RETARD and that applies for every single other bitching hater in this thread.

Games like MvC3 hit you and don't offer you any content at all. Then 5 months after you already learn about the new upcoming MvC3 game, the UMvC3 and guess what: besides 12 new characters and a mode that should have been there from the beginning (spectator mode) it still doesn't offer you anything.
No story, no rewards, NOTHING.

SFxTK is even worse, since it's the most boring fighting game out there, that doesn't even manage to represent the characters correctly (if there is a Tekken player who actually likes the way the Tekken characters are in SFxTK, then he is even more stupid than you people).
Additionally to that the game offers you a pathetic story as well and otherwise there is no effort behind it.

What about NetherRealmStudios and their games?
Everyone here knows how much Mortal Kombat 9 had to offer and that it's basically the number 1 fighting game, when it comes to offering the players something for their money. The amount of the content in that game is insane if we take into consideration that it's "only" a fighting game.
And still - there are full singleplayer / multiplayer action / adventure / what so ever games that offer less than MK9 does.

And the NRS guys tell you that Injustice will offer you even more content and a better story experience than MK9 and you don't believe them? Why? because of the lack of information?

Do you know how much brains it requiers to create a game out of nothing? Do you know how good your math-skills have to be to create something like that? If they manage to create a game, then be sure that they're also able to calculate their marketing for the game.
Does it look like it lacks advertising? Yes, it sure does, but what do they have in mind? Are they maybe trying to attract as many people through comics and advertise the game there? How about the various comic and movie conventions?
NRS already have followers who are going to buy the game. People who believe in their work, people who like fighting games and collect them all, people who are into comics and will get it for sure.
I know that many people on Comicvine will buy the game, simply because there are superheroes in it and Comicvine is HUGE. It's 1000 times bigger than TYM.

Your opinion doesn't matter shit, guys.
Most of you will buy the game if they really like NRS.
If you doubt it, you will check out the reviews that will come out before the game launches and you're still going to buy it on day one, because the game will be good. There is no doubt about it.

Especially if you think about the fact that WarnerBros. have their fingers in it. That DC have their fingers in it.
It's not just about NRS. They're not the ones who are pulling all the strings. I would even go as far to say that in the entire line, they're at the short end, since they got the characters. They don't have the rights for them, so who knows.
Maybe WarnerBros and DC are the reason why we don't get as much information as we would like to get.
Maybe the game will get enough advertisiment in the last 2 months, maybe through television, as pre-ads in cinema and and and.

You all know it, you stupid bastards ... Injustice will be a great success!

Not everyone is a sheep Story Hero, some people give a shit about gameplay and how the game is playing for those that are gonna continue to play and find things in this game like MK9 3-4 years down the road, I don't buy that BS. Sorry.

The masses just wanna faceroll for a few weeks and be done with it, once you finish the Story, that's it, gameplay is what matters.

Not everyone is a sheep Story Hero, some people give a shit about gameplay and how the game is playing for those that are gonna continue to play and find things in this game like MK9 3-4 years down the road, I don't buy that BS. Sorry.

The masses just wanna faceroll for a few weeks and be done with it, once you finish the Story, that's it, gameplay is what matters.
If people here play MK9, they will play Injustice.
In my eyes it's fairly easy to top MK9 ...

Flagg

Noob
Killzone, im a fan of fighting games, not companies that make fighting games. I havent bought a Capcom fighter since SSF AE, because MvC3 and SFxTk are broken, dumbed down games with shameless DLC. I wont buy Injustice simply because it's by NRS, i'll buy it if it turns out to be a good fighting game. So stop flaming me for having a opinion or someone will ban you. Then where will you rage about NRS>>everyone else?

Killzone, im a fan of fighting games, not companies that make fighting games. I havent bought a Capcom fighter since SSF AE, because MvC3 and SFxTk are broken, dumbed down games with shameless DLC. I wont buy Injustice simply because it's by NRS, i'll buy it if it turns out to be a good fighting game. So stop flaming me for having a opinion or someone will ban you. Then when will you rage about NRS>>everyone else?
My point was that there is no need in bitching.
No matter who much they ignore the advertisiment for the game, you will be able to find out if it's worth it or not - simply through reviews.

Does your body need more footage on the game? My does, but I'm cool.
I know that there will be reviews up before the game launches and if I want to be sure, I will wait 2-3 more days to check out the user reviews on Metacritic, since these are the ones I check out if I'm curious about a game (obviously you need to pay attention when you're reading them, since many of them are biased, but there are many good and smart ones).

The lack of advertisiment for this game does not:

1. imply if it's going to be a good tournament game or not,
2. if the gameplay will be good or not,
3. if the game will be good or not.

You can't judge the first two points at all - not even if you have more footage. There was footage for MK vs DC and game crushing infinites were discovered on day 1.
The only point you can talk about is number 3 and if we take into consideration that NRS will try to improve and make the game better than MK9... and I'm pretty sure they will.

The game will be good. Just wait 3 more months.

And let me give you a different example.
I was pretty damn hype for Prototype 2, since I really liked the first one. They released more than enough content for Prototype 2 and when the game came up? I bought it on day 1, just to realize that they were LYING to me as a customer and additionally that the game was pure crap, at some points even worse than the first game.
That's not cool man.

There are companies that don't offer you enough for your money (Cashcom, Activision) and there are some that do (NRS, Sega).

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Killzone it seems like you're missing the point of why we want gameplay. This is a competitive fighting game site devoted to Mortal Kombat. This isn't comicvine. Most of the people on this site aren't going to fork over money simply because Batman is in it. Does that mean the game will bomb if members of TYM don't buy it? Surely not. NRS have stated several times that they want Injustice to be a tournament viable game and would like for it to be at EVO. This game is supposedly being built with the fg player in mind.

With that being said, that's why we're all a little irritated. We all want this game to be great and to have great success, but for the fg competitive group we need to see how things work. You're preaching to the wrong crowd.

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
Games like MvC3 hit you and don't offer you any content at all.
Sure, MK9 had more content. You know what it also had? An input bug. I'd give up the challenge tower, all the "Test Your..." modes, and about one third of the story chapters if the game worked right. People can complain about the DHC glitch day and night, but it was consistent, and you could build a strategy against it.

Then 5 months after you already learn about the new upcoming MvC3 game, the UMvC3 and guess what: besides 12 new characters...
Besides 12 new characters? BESIDES 12 NEW CHARACTERS! When you package that with the Heroes/Heralds mode, that's a good deal!

EDIT: and in the end, you're just pushing the fence anyway. WB's marketing campaign is not hype, and all the content in the game isn't going to change that. This is a company with a product. We have a right to criticize.

it seems like you're missing the point of why we want gameplay. This is a competitive fighting game site devoted to Mortal Kombat. This isn't comicvine. Most of the people on this site aren't going to fork over money simply because Batman is in it. Does that mean the game will bomb if members of TYM don't buy it? Surely not. NRS have stated several times that they want Injustice to be a tournament viable game and would like for it to be at EVO. This game is supposedly being built with the fg player in mind
Let me quote myself real quick:

The lack of advertisiment for this game does not:
1. imply if it's going to be a good tournament game or not,
2. if the gameplay will be good or not,
3. if the game will be good or not.

You can't judge the first two points at all - not even if you have more footage. There was footage for MK vs DC and game crushing infinites were discovered on day 1.
With that being said, that's why we're all a little irritated. We all want this game to be great and to have great success, but for the fg competitive group we need to see how things work. You're preaching to the wrong crowd.
It stands above: there is not much you can base of watching someone else play.
Someone who created UMvC3 won't be able to compete with ChrisG, Justing Wong and FilipinoChamp.
Someone who created MK9 won't be able to compete with REO, Pig and Maxter.

But we know that they're trying to create a game and offer tournament players some stuff as well. A better tutorial mode and stuff like that.
It may look simplistic to you what you see right now, but that's because untalented people (aww...) are playing it and they're playing it the way the bigger casual crowd is going to play it, while waiting for TylerLantern and others to come up with the fancy stuff that will be possible.

Just believe in NRS man.

Sure, MK9 had more content. You know what it also had? An input bug. I'd give up the challenge tower, all the "Test Your..." modes, and about one third of the story chapters if the game worked right. People can complain about the DHC glitch day and night, but it was consistent, and you could build a strategy against it.
Doesn't have anything to do with the topic.
You are also not going to find any bugs by watching videos of the game.

Besides 12 new characters? BESIDES 12 NEW CHARACTERS! When you package that with the Heroes/Heralds mode, that's a good deal!
Ouuu fancy. Guess what, it also had new stages! Redesigned ones, but hey ... new stages, oouuuu!

EDIT: and in the end, you're just pushing the fence anyway. WB's marketing campaign is not hype, and all the content in the game isn't going to change that. This is a company with a product. We have a right to criticize.
Of course we do.
Right now my girlfriend has to hear me bitch about the lack of Red Hood in Injustice.
We all have our concernes but in the end of the day: What are we going to change about that? Nothing.

The marketing of the game won't change your decision to buy the game or not. And if it does, then you're ... you're ... oh man, you're a stupid fuck. A TOOL.
There are more than enough instances, where something gets so overhyped and the marketing is so great and they make you feel like you really, really want it and then when you buy it... you start crying, because it SUCKS!

AND THAT IS MY POINT.

It's not important how they advertise the game as long as it delivers in the end and I'm pretty sure it will.
And that's also what you people need to realize.
This is Injustice. It has Superman and Batman in it. It's not going to be a game that will fall under the radar, because there was no advertising for it and no videos. When it comes out it will sell millions, simply because!
Think about it.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Killzone, MK9 had input bugs, P1 advantage, broken characters etc. etc. You cannot simply say, "trust NRS." Granted, they learn and improve, but that doesn't mean there isn't concern. This is simply about wanting to know more about the mechanics and such in the game. Everyone is on the fence about the Clash system, so of course we would like examples/explanations. We just want to see something. Relax bro.

TargetAudience

Burn_the_ city
I just lost hope for this game, the fact that they r scared of showing gameplay says everything. they r basing this game on story mode for comic geeks so they r spending all this time on story and garbage that we only wanna see once but the actual fight is gonna be horrible.