What's new

Lex Luthor Gameplay in New Cinematic Injustice: GAU Trailer

trufenix

bye felicia
I just hope they don't pull a marvel and leave all these brilliant cinematics off the game.
In actual news, looks like;

Flashes wall bound power shot has been changed from that goofy spin to that goofy roundhouse
Lex's super starts with that big two handed palm strike
Rooftop stage from MKvDC returns, those helicopters undoubtedly shoot. Looks like subway hit transition to area down below.
The space station stage from Bane / Lex reveal has some sort of space shuttle crash transition in it
You can transition outside of the Arkham stage from GL/Joker shot.
Some stage in Themiscyra
And I think Batman is kneeing Cyborg somewhere new, but then later they are obivoulsy fighting in the Space port.

This trailer is LAME AS FUCK!

Didn't show nothing.

Why the FUCK are you wearing a Belt Buckle on your chest Batman.

FUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK BOON BRAAAAAAH YOU DIDN'T DELIEVER!

Unless some of you are here for strictly injustice and did not experience NR in the past, how could you possibly still be getting hyped about Boon teases? It is always a mix of hyperbole and pun when he talks about what is to come. Everyone exaggerates their hopes and then BAM! we get a run of the mill reveal (aka the Mileena costume that was hyped in the challenge tower).

Looking back the HUGE referred to the massive size of Lex in the minimal gameplay shown. We should know better that to see that hint and think it would be some monumental reveal or news. Just think about it, we have had like 5-6 characters revealed through picture or magazine. There is no way we were gonna get a true new character before we have seen at least one or two of those previous reveals in action.

On the bright side, did we catch a glimpse of Wonder Woman's stage?

Unless some of you are here for strictly injustice and did not experience NR in the past, how could you possibly still be getting hyped about Boon teases? It is always a mix of hyperbole and pun when he talks about what is to come. Everyone exaggerates their hopes and then BAM! we get a run of the mill reveal (aka the Mileena costume that was hyped in the challenge tower).

Looking back the HUGE referred to the massive size of Lex in the minimal gameplay shown. We should know better that to see that hint and think it would be some monumental reveal or news. Just think about it, we have had like 5-6 characters revealed through picture or magazine. There is no way we were gonna get a true new character before we have seen at least one or two of those previous reveals in action.

Boon is the new Peter Molyneux. Since Molyneux left the real industry to become a indie dev LAWL.

BOON BRAAAAAAAAAH YOU FAILED TO DELIVER! FUARK!

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master

Boon is a huge troll, but at least with MK9 we actually got a lot of videos revealing things. Including game play/story vids well before release. We don't have shit now!

Bi-on-iC

I'm innocent, I mean..not guilty.
Not really. Ed kept his word. Huge just refers to Luthor's size. However, I'm disappointed that we haven't seen more of what the game can do, or received more information on the clash system. I know there will be detailed information on the clash system from the IGAU tutorial, but yeah.

I feel like we will not be getting a demo because off of what went down with MK9's demo, so we have to wait until release to get some mini analysis of the game? Don't like that.

Why can't I have a video like this? This was 4 months before MVC3's release.
MvC3 advertising was amazing. I don't know what those people are doing the hype of the game keeps going down..

Boon is a huge troll, but at least with MK9 we actually got a lot of videos revealing things. Including game play/story vids well before release. We don't have shit now!
And the MKast series alone crapped on the entire marketing Campaign for INJUSTICE.

For MK9 we had, Cinematic Trailers/Pure Cinematic, Character Reveal Trailers, Character Story Trailers, MKast Series for 2 Seasons, Developer Blogs, KoTH/Ladder videos.

I don't understand this is a new IP, market it well and good! Omg, please someone answer this.

Not really. Ed kept his word. Huge just refers to Luthor's size. However, I'm disappointed that we haven't seen more of what the game can do, or received more information on the clash system. I know there will be detailed information on the clash system from the IGAU tutorial, but yeah.

I feel like we will not be getting a demo because off of what went down with MK9's demo, so we have to wait until release to get some mini analysis of the game? Don't like that.

Why can't I have a video like this? This was 4 months before MVC3's release.
Yeah but what i mean is, he says something HUGE is coming. We expect something big revealed, like real footage or new reveal. We actually get about 10 seconds of a HUGE character in a minute and a half long video.
Sick humor lol

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
And the MKast series alone crapped on the entire marketing Campaign for INJUSTICE.

For MK9 we had, Cinematic Trailers/Pure Cinematic, Character Reveal Trailers, Character Story Trailers, MKast Series for 2 Seasons, Developer Blogs, KoTH/Ladder videos.

I don't understand this is a new IP, market it well and good! Omg, please someone answer this.
I know! Honestly, it makes me a little skeptical about the game.

All my Casual friends who don't like MK is buying Injustice, well they're semi Casual, they play Anime Games like BB, Melty Blood, P4A, GG.

Cus, it looks cool and it has DC.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Don't get me wrong. I'll at the very least rent to play through the campaign, but if I'm not impressed with gameplay footage between now and the release date, I aint buyin lol.

Also, these videos do look really awesome to the casual/comic fan player. Most people on this site love competitive play, which is why we're all kinds of disappointed.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Don't get me wrong. I'll at the very least rent to play through the campaign, but if I'm not impressed with gameplay footage between now and the release date, I aint buyin lol.

Also, these videos do look really awesome to the casual/comic fan player. Most people on this site love competitive play, which is why we're all kinds of disappointed.

Thing is even the most non-competitive fighter can be made competitive, look at Smash Bros: It was made specifically to be a party game but the players made it way deeper than it's intent.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Thing is even the most non-competitive fighter can be made competitive, look at Smash Bros: It was made specifically to be a party game but they players made it way deeper then it's intent.
True, but we all have a itch that needs to be scratched soon. It's obvious a lot of people are getting impatient which can bring down the hype.

trufenix

bye felicia
Unless some of you are here for strictly injustice and did not experience NR in the past, how could you possibly still be getting hyped about Boon teases?
We are well below the MK9 level, which was already a step down from the kind of coverage vsDC and even Armageddon got. Look on the MK youtube channel if you need a refresher, by this time in MKs marketing run we had story vignettes, we had combo videos, we had MKasts. We had that hilarious Johnny Cage video. We had a website that the devs actually looked at the forums of and some renders and all sorts of actual game related shit. The Injustice site doesn't even know Deathstroke and Green Arrow have trailers.

This isn't even about reveals anymore, we know like 90% of the cast, what we don't know is what the game looks like. We got told by Hec that the game we're seeing at cons is months and months out of date, and we swallowed it because we thought somewhere down the line we'd see something current, but all the guys (like me) who've gone to bat for them are eating crow because shit, who knows if the Clash system is any good. Who knows if they cleaned up any of those animations or models or stages or anything. Maybe the game is just still as retarded two flashes spamming can can kicks in russia. Who knows. I mean, they expect us to preorder based on this shit, man.

Don't get me wrong, I've got faith in the game. I've already got my cash ready, but there's a point when teasing with no payoff is just mean. I'm NRS faithful since like, shit, '93, And they've got me upset. What do you think that says about all the new kids who just tuned in when they saw Kung Lao drag Sub Zero across his hat three years ago, or the real newbies who only know MK as "that fighting game with Freddy and Kratos in it".

Take notes from that MAHVEL video NRS.

Do something like that or this.

You have 16Bit and Del in your STUDIO, you can do something like below.

Atlus did lots of stuff like this.