What's new

Leading the pack- The Nightwolf Mentor Thread

REYTHEGREAT

one suggestion, if you have some matches recorded post them up! so that way we can see some game play and strategies.

I had my first session with seel the boss on PSN yesterday... Thanks for your time SeeltheBoss. I have to confess that I found it puzzling to be fighting against an other Nightwolf player. What Ive learned is that I dont use my Xmoves enough and that I need to master my juggles, ( I can't do the frigging dash 1 dash 1). Unfortunately, Seeltheboss's mic was dead so I couldnt have any feedback. So how does this academy works for you guys? Get beat down by the wolf, watch, take notes and learn?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Lol at This "academy". Anyone want some real matches against nightwolf. Add me and I'll be happy to fight. And I have a mic so we can talk strategy.

And the best thing is... You don't have to call me master to have games with me. Add me on xbox. Tag is the same as the name.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Lol at This "academy". Anyone want some real matches against nightspot. Add me and I'll be happy to fight. And I have a mic so we can talk strategy.

And the best thing is... You don't have to call me master to have games with me. Add me on xbox. Tag is the same as the name.
Who calls him master?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
lol...everyone who calls games with him or any other mentors "lessons"

just play the game and have fun...compete and you will get better. get on the mic and improve each others game.

Like I said...You don't have to call me master to have games with me. Add me on xbox. Tag is the same as the name.

REMEMBER MY NAME

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Um, not sure what you are reading, but I'm pretty sure student/teacher is WAY different than master....

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
lol same thing...I'm making a point. don't be so literal. I'm saying that I would love games with you guys without the whole teacher student thing.

My problem with this thread is that even these so called "teachers" need to work on their game to improve and be the best, so to be focusing so much time on teaching and no time on improving means they will lose to people like me who focus only on improving.

If you want games let me know...if not, fuck you

DOWNLOADED

The Cowardly Lion
lol same thing...I'm making a point. don't be so literal. I'm saying that I would love games with you guys without the whole teacher student thing.

My problem with this thread is that even these so called "teachers" need to work on their game to improve and be the best, so to be focusing so much time on teaching and no time on improving means they will lose to people like me who focus only on improving.

That last part seemed a bit strong but other than that you do have a point on the mentors spending too much time teaching when they need to balance teaching and learning. I would add but you are on xbox and I only have this game for ps3 :p

"The best way to learn is to teach" and lordofthefly, Once you teach someone something and they master that thing you taught them then they can teach you a few things. Idk if your trolling or not but yeah..i think your taking the teacher/student thing out of proportion a little bit by bringing it up...It is what it is and if you disagree with it why would you be negative toward something that is so positive for the MK community? Just my thoughts.. and btw ive seen your other posts in the nightwolf thread and i see how you keep trying to bait Daihuu...i could careless how you talk to people but if you keep saying these condescending things i want to see it backed up by a Lordofthefly Vs DaiHuu Nightwolf mirror match, recorded and uploaded on youtube.

Didnt mean to put a damper on this thread! just been checking out nightwolf myself lately and having 'great success' with him ;) keep up the great work DaiHuu

GG Dreadlash. If any questions feel free to email me man or shit I'll give you my # if you wanna text me. If you want tO setup a time I can record some matches of us playing. The reptile you played was my buddy Ty. Hes supposed to have some vids uploaded on his YouTube at Twooodz.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
no time on improving means they will lose to people like me who focus only on improving.

Do you enter tournaments? I'm curious cause you seem to act like you are really good and unless I see some tournament results, it's just talk. I think you are missing the ENTIRE point of this thread. Some people want to be taught move by move, frame by frame, setups, combos, situations, matchups etc. If YOU choose not to learn that way and just want to play games, there is an entirely different thread for that. If anybody is acting like they know everything, I think it's you.

I've gotten 3rd and 5th in tournaments so far, yet I act nothing like you are acting. See the difference?

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Do you enter tournaments? I'm curious cause you seem to act like you are really good and unless I see some tournament results, it's just talk. I think you are missing the ENTIRE point of this thread. Some people want to be taught move by move, frame by frame, setups, combos, situations, matchups etc. If YOU choose not to learn that way and just want to play games, there is an entirely different thread for that. If anybody is acting like they know everything, I think it's you.

I've gotten 3rd and 5th in tournaments so far, yet I act nothing like you are acting. See the difference?
Ignore the troll Lord. ;p and why aren't you calling me master?!?!?

Everyone on xbox will be on stand by at the moment, my copy got jacked by a buddy of mine, so I gotta wait to get it back. I'll try and find a replacement asap. Until further notice, xbox players will be S.

I had my first session with seel the boss on PSN yesterday... Thanks for your time SeeltheBoss. I have to confess that I found it puzzling to be fighting against an other Nightwolf player. What Ive learned is that I dont use my Xmoves enough and that I need to master my juggles, ( I can't do the frigging dash 1 dash 1). Unfortunately, Seeltheboss's mic was dead so I couldnt have any feedback. So how does this academy works for you guys? Get beat down by the wolf, watch, take notes and learn?"

I usually tell the students to study up what I taught them for a week. Then I'll bring someone in the next week and let them play. I highly recommend taking notes while being taught, since it'll be easier to go into training mode, take out your notepad and go. "Oh okay, I have to learn dash canceling, and where all my moves will hit. Okay after that I think I'll learn anti airs and this huge combo"

and Seel, GOOD SHIT MAN!!!! Thanks so much for helping me out on this.

Edit: I can't wait for a Nightwolf to blow up a major tourney. Who's gonna be the first one to do it?!?!

Another edit to prevent a double post:
"careless how you talk to people but if you keep saying these condescending things i want to see it backed up by a Lordofthefly Vs DaiHuu Nightwolf mirror match, recorded and uploaded on youtube."

This wouldn't solve anything. It would just show who knows the night wolf MIRROR match better. If anything, to prove one is better then the other. Just stack up a group of tournament players who play different characters, ft5 for each player, and see who does better then.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
by bait you mean asking him to play me? thats not baiting...I want to play and beat the best...it seems as if he is the best and it seems as if he thinks he is the best by producing a "school" for this one character...I'm on a mission to prove I can compete with the best and that I AM THE BEST.

I entered my first tournament this past weekend...I even posted about it in this nightwolf forum and posted the link. I placed second to the pigofthehut in the grand finals...close games...I wish I could do them over again. vids are going to be watchable soon. and I will post the link for you guys.

I also plan on going to more tourneys as much as possible...it beats the hell out of online.

@Daihuu...call me a troll if you like but all I want is games with the best nightwolf players on here. so add me on live and

REMEMBER MY NAME

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
by bait you mean asking him to play me? thats not baiting...I want to play and beat the best...it seems as if he is the best and it seems as if he thinks he is the best by producing a "school" for this one character...I'm on a mission to prove I can compete with the best and that I AM THE BEST.

I entered my first tournament this past weekend...I even posted about it in this nightwolf forum and posted the link. I placed second to the pigofthehut in the grand finals...close games...I wish I could do them over again. vids are going to be watchable soon. and I will post the link for you guys.

I also plan on going to more tourneys as much as possible...it beats the hell out of online.

@Daihuu...call me a troll if you like but all I want is games with the best nightwolf players on here. so add me on live and

REMEMBER MY NAME
Good luck with that troll. Good stuff that you assume these things without actual proof right? :D Man I knew I was always the best. Of course I wanted to brag and post for this "school" instead of helping the community. Fuck the community amirite? I HATE THE COMMUNITY /end troll.

@Seel
Good stuff, message me and tell me who you taught so far, so I can update the first post.

Hey guys,

Been out of the fighting seen for a bit, having trouble landing some combos...so naturally seeking some help.

I live in Oz so I know the time difference would be a bitch, but If it's possible to join the pack that would be sick.

Wi11bur is my GT, cheers guys.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Regardless, he's derailing a mentor thread by posting non sense. Seems to me he's just attempting to get attention.
wow you are observant...is there any chance of me fighting other great nightwolf players by posting in the scorpian threads? No dipshit!!!

so just add me to your list because I want to play nightwolfs and learn tactics and perfect my own.

That's probably because he can't travel to fight all of you offline, hence why he's asking for Gamertags.
hey still great games the other day at the tourney. I wish guys on here would be as cool as you man.

Oh and I had great games with a guy from here who plays nightwolf too...fun stuff and we both learned a little bit. people here are so damn stuck up and stupid to understand what I am trying to do.

ALL I WANT IS GAMES...if you have time to play scrubs and teach them when to hatchet, then you have time to play me and get some competition.