What's new

Leading the pack- The Nightwolf Mentor Thread

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR OTHER MENTOR THREADS: Please take this format! It will greatly make life easier for you, and make it easier for the students. Also credit me please. :)

Update:I am now experimenting with having record logs of how the performance of the people I teach are. (Kinda like medical records or a mental institute. :)) I will give them to you at the end of your journey to see how you progressed!

Seeing as how more and more newer players are joining this site, and those newer players are starting to pick up certain characters. I decided to run this as I'm already teaching a few players how to play Nightwolf. Everyone and anyone is welcome to become a mentor/student, don't be shy. :taz::taz:

Term key:
: O =Still being taught
: X = Currently not being taught
: ? =No idea
: S=Stand by, either no mentor to teach, or other students are currently in the way
:Number=Lessons so far

This is how the format will go:
You(Or myself) will invite me(you) to a 1 on 1 private party and match. We'll play 2 sets or 3, and I'll go from there. If the lag prevents us from having those sets, I will begin the lesson from scratch. Things I will go over but not limited too are:
Footsies
F+3 okizeme
Combos
match-ups
Getting in and out (That's what she said :D)
(Feel free to ask questions throughout the training program)

After every 1-3 day, we will go over a new topic(s). After the last day, I will start bringing in other players who play other characters and you will start testing out on people who does not know how you play. I will be watching through this, pointing out how you do and any patterns or mistakes if I notice any. If I do not notice any straight forward patterns/habits and I feel as though you are ready to head out without my guidance, then I will let you go. Then congratulations, you have graduated from the Nightwolf Academy!!!! :cheers:

Mentor gamertag:
Twh Dai

Mentor psn: SeelTheBoss

Xbl Student:
Zercker: S 3
instanoodlz: S 1
Moneycat88: S 1
curled mustache: S 1/2
Bus Orez: S 1
Ix Kupa xI: S 0
RayDe1: S 0
MarcoPolo939: S 0
Unseen Walker:S 1
charmangler: S 0
DST MarkArita: S 0
Waxed Takeover: S 1 1/2
supabokbok: S 1
The MorningFlake: S 1
Tesla Collision: S 0
EVETSdaMONSTER: S 0
j3l4n: S 1
King L11: S 1
Wicked Chedda: S 0
EvilNonsense: S 1
Johnbee24: S 0
TG An Hero: S 0
MajHarryJohnson: S 0
Wi11bur: S 0

Psn Student:
REYTHEGREAT: o 0
SenseOfTense: o 0
Medina4life: o 0
fuzzymic14: o 0
Barrett-Wallhax: o 0
Dope619: o 0
Admiral_Augustus: o 0
Dreadlash: o 0
xfearvirusx: O 0
hanma00: O 0
FirmNips : O 0
Metallica0118: O 0
Dahulk: O 0

GRADUATED:
Sutter pain: X 1

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I'm gonna buy a mic today and get on live tonight. I'm still working on hatchet, b2, hatchet, dash 1, dash 1, dash 122 shoulder. I have no idea how you do it so consistently

Corner combo is easy as dirt you showed me, thanks:)

I strongly recommend taking up this offer if you are a new NW player, or even if you don't like the term "mentor/student", if somebody has already gone through the trouble of breaking this guy down nearly 100% since launch day and is willing to share, ask questions. Don't think for a minute top players don't ask other top players for advice. They just don't post, but trust me they do:)

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
He showed me a bunch with NW early on and he is my secondary, he showed me all sorts of good stuff if you are serious about NW you should take him up on it. The BnB he will show you is hard but doable after lots of practice but its beastly and worth it.

Good shit man.

DaiHuu, do you play on XBox Live? If so I would be interested in getting some games in since I don't get much Nightwolf practice and am willing to learn as much as possible since I do like to play him every so often.

My XBox GT: markcamps87

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
DaiHuu, do you play on XBox Live? If so I would be interested in getting some games in since I don't get much Nightwolf practice and am willing to learn as much as possible since I do like to play him every so often.

My XBox GT: markcamps87
Invite sent, man my schedule is gonna be booked soon :)

Loot

the special effects
You may have to share this technology with me sometime. I enjoyed your NW thoroughly destroying my Lao a few weeks ago.

Sequel

Boob Titbot
Cool. I'm starting up a mentor program too, it's called the Cry Nerf Academy. Must still be in diapers to apply.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
"hatchet, b2, hatchet, dash 1, dash 1, dash 122 shoulder" is that his standard BnB?
Indeed it is. Without meter that is his highest combo I have found. I went through tons of other stuff as well, and that seems to be the kicker.

chores

bad at things
I'd like to be mentored if you have the time.. seems to be pretty well booked.

XBL tag: charmangler

Riggs

Noob
Im starting NW and loving him, he has alot of great stuff. Could really do with some mentorship though, as im pretty suck. Find it hard to get his hatchet off online for some reason, comes out smooth as butter offline mind.

If you would be up for teaching me a few things that would be great, as im a fighting game noobie and an MK noobie, having said that i do alot of reading and adore the game, best buy game wise for a long time :D

The Mornflake is the gamertag, ill add you anyway Daihuu if you dont mind :)

I'd love the chance to improve my Nightwolf via an experienced NW player ;)
if you have time my XBL gamertag is : supabokbok
Btw, i'm in Tokyo so finding a time to hookup may be difficult, plus the lag may prevent us from connecting! Still worth a shot ;)
cheers

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
I'd love the chance to improve my Nightwolf via an experienced NW player ;)
if you have time my XBL gamertag is : supabokbok
Btw, i'm in Tokyo so finding a time to hookup may be difficult, plus the lag may prevent us from connecting! Still worth a shot ;)
cheers
Welcome to TYM, guys do not feel afraid or think it'll waste my time to add you, there's a reason I made this thread! Add me as soon as you see this thread.