What's new

Leading the pack- The Nightwolf Mentor Thread

McNasty

Moist.
How about you start by not generalizing tym in all of your posts. If you want games theres almost always a MKU TYM room open. I play nightwolf and so do a bunch of other people in the rooms. This nightwolf dick measuring contest is over fly just search elsewhere. Consider this a warning.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
lol...a warning for what? I said countless times all I want is games.

let me start by quoting my last post:

ALL I WANT IS GAMES...if you have time to play scrubs and teach them when to hatchet, then you have time to play me and get some competition.
I would love to play you...PLEASE ADD ME on xbox live so we can get some games I play shang too and it seems you do also...PLEASE ADD ME!!!

DOWNLOADED

The Cowardly Lion
I played some games with SeelTheBoss like two days ago Daihuu and learned a great deal about meter management and not failing on punishes.

It's been great getting in matches with you guys lately. I'm always down for some games just send me an invite. Fly, I sent you a pm but sry we can't get some games in. If you break down and get a ps3 add me!

DOWNLOADED

The Cowardly Lion
I have no idea how you guys play online. I can't even do combos online, it's so bad
If the lag is really bad I either stick with simple combos or mash out the next input. I understand where you are coming from. It could be the netcode, your connection or the opponent's connection.

leek

Noob
If anyone could mentor me, that'd be great :p Teach me up, son. Need something to counter Mr. Cage's weaknesses lol.

I'm on PSN: Metallica0118

What system Halfrican61?

Also anyone have experience with the PDP stick? Mine crapped out yesterday. I am pretty sure it is where the miniusb plugs into the stick. Such a shame to not have a dedicated cable.

What system Halfrican61?

Also anyone have experience with the PDP stick? Mine crapped out yesterday. I am pretty sure it is where the miniusb plugs into the stick. Such a shame to not have a dedicated cable.
An update to my situation with PDP. So the other day when I was getting some games in with Hanma and Metallica my MK stick crapped out. Since it was the weekend I shot an email to customer service on the PDP contact page. I got a call back today at 11am central time from Alex with customer support. He said unfortunately they no longer have the limited edition MK stick for ps3 but they would still like to help. He offered me three options. Option 1 was an xbox 360 stick, two was a refund, third was to get a the MK classic stick when it was released late July early August. I chose option three as I like the PDP stick. Alex took my email and said I would be notified when the stick became available. At that point give him or his supervisor Sergio a call and they would send Fedex to pick up the old stick and when they receive it they will send the new stick out the same day.

It was very refreshing to have such a pleasant customer service experience as I have found it not to be the norm. Obviously I haven't received my replacement stick yet but so far the customer service has been exceptional.

Just thought I would share my experience in case anyone was considering purchasing the MK stick.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
An update to my situation with PDP. So the other day when I was getting some games in with Hanma and Metallica my MK stick crapped out. Since it was the weekend I shot an email to customer service on the PDP contact page. I got a call back today at 11am central time from Alex with customer support. He said unfortunately they no longer have the limited edition MK stick for ps3 but they would still like to help. He offered me three options. Option 1 was an xbox 360 stick, two was a refund, third was to get a the MK classic stick when it was released late July early August. I chose option three as I like the PDP stick. Alex took my email and said I would be notified when the stick became available. At that point give him or his supervisor Sergio a call and they would send Fedex to pick up the old stick and when they receive it they will send the new stick out the same day.

It was very refreshing to have such a pleasant customer service experience as I have found it not to be the norm. Obviously I haven't received my replacement stick yet but so far the customer service has been exceptional.

Just thought I would share my experience in case anyone was considering purchasing the MK stick.
Wow, gotta love pdp. Lol

On topic:
Still waiting for my stupid copy of mk to come back to me. I'll probably get it near the date Kenshi comes out.

CYD

Noob
Great news...I have two PS3 PDP sticks...hahaha one as a backup...though good to know I could swap up to the Klassic.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Need advice on what to do against scorpion and kung lao.
Scorpion shouldn't give you trouble (It's 7-3 Nightwolf, imo.), it depends on what you need help on, the okizeme that he has, or just in general? In general his special moves are HIGHLY unsafe. Even on hit with hellfire I believe he's -. The only wake up move that works mostly all the time is ex teleport (Which is also his only safe special move) so take that into account. Play at a distance (2-4 characters away) where anything he throws out will be trouble for him. Duck under his spears, eat the hell fire (Because they only do like 8% anyways) and don't let him knock you down, or get a teleport hit. (Because he's + on hit after a teleport)

The ONLY thing you should be scared of against Scorpion is his mix ups. Any random spear, teleport, or hit that can cancel into spear will lead to this. If he catches you in the air with a spear, then a good Scorpion will do F+21~teleport. You don't fall, he's right next to you (Which is really bad, especially for Nw) and he's + on that hit. So you have to guess on a throw, high, low, or a jump over. The only thing you can do in this situation is guess correctly.

Kung Lao I haven't fought one offline yet to say, so I'll let someone else fill in the details on that.

Dahulk

Noob
Scorpion shouldn't give you trouble (It's 7-3 Nightwolf, imo.), it depends on what you need help on, the okizeme that he has, or just in general? In general his special moves are HIGHLY unsafe. Even on hit with hellfire I believe he's -. The only wake up move that works mostly all the time is ex teleport (Which is also his only safe special move) so take that into account. Play at a distance (2-4 characters away) where anything he throws out will be trouble for him. Duck under his spears, eat the hell fire (Because they only do like 8% anyways) and don't let him knock you down, or get a teleport hit. (Because he's + on hit after a teleport)

The ONLY thing you should be scared of against Scorpion is his mix ups. Any random spear, teleport, or hit that can cancel into spear will lead to this. If he catches you in the air with a spear, then a good Scorpion will do F+21~teleport. You don't fall, he's right next to you (Which is really bad, especially for Nw) and he's + on that hit. So you have to guess on a throw, high, low, or a jump over. The only thing you can do in this situation is guess correctly.

Kung Lao I haven't fought one offline yet to say, so I'll let someone else fill in the details on that.
Good info. You are right on the spacing. I think thats my main issue. When scorpion closes the distance thats when hes a problem. Is hellfire unsafe enough on hit to ex shoulder? I play against a pretty good scorpion. Hes actually one of the top players in my area. We go back and forth but he comes out on top in the end. Scorpions jump over mix ups is what kills me.

Hi I'm sorta new to MK but not to competitive fighting games, I was wondering if someone with PSN could add me and mentor me via match w/ mic if possible? I want to try to main NW and I tend to learn better from verbal and visual mentor/teaching (if someone doesnt mind helping me D:)

I posted a little bit about Kung Lao in the matchup thread. Basically just use your footsie advantage against him, and learn to hit-confirm 122 and b+22 so you can consistently hatchet on hit and finish with 1 on block. This is basically impossible online though, so don't get discouraged if it isn't working there. Nightwolf really isn't an online character in general...

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Welp, I didn't wanna post this. But I've been MIA for too long and it's about time you guys hear it. I'm done with MK, just saying it out now. I gave the copy to my friend awhile back, and never bothered to attempt to get it back, plus it's just not as fun for me anymore. I'm sorry, I'll come back every now and then to update the list. But at this point, MK is out of my games to play/learn.