What's new

LBSH about kenshi

Kenshi requires one main thing: PATIENCE.
Agreed 100%. when i played Pig Of The Hut for the first time this weekend he was so patient i literally stopped and truned to ask if he was playing seriously midway through round 1 (which i won) before he got me to believe that kenshi might go even with or maybe even beat kung lao. I've never been so unsure about a matchup because i've never played another kenshi like that.

bithc Kensih is su chep lawl Peg of Da Hot just spems whit hes gai ass charactor lul
i read this as pig sperms, lol

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
doesnt make it any easier for kenshi and LBSH there is only one top KL player and that is PL.
while this is true.

Pig is still hashing out MU's himself.
He deserves credit, its not like he is doing the same shit over and over

my god i sound like i'm nose deep in pigs ass..... but c'mon. I like watch pig lose more than any other person (not personal.... your character just hurts me in my heart), but the guy has gone from bf2 and exbf2 abuser.... to being fundamentally sound and adapting in matches rather than running to Mileena.

Scary thing is... there are NO freddy's that travel like pig... and no Skarlets that travel like Pig. Just imagine if someone ever does at the highest possible level. yeesh.

It cant be interupted.

Even this video was far after all the shit was known.

that video doesnt tell you anything about delay tele 3 on block though, it all applies to instant 3.

I will do further testing with delay tele 3 on block.

so according to the new information, these are the strings I should use for each tele 3 situation( if I decide to pressure)?

instant tele 3 on block: 21

delay tele 3 on hit: 21

delay tele 3 on block: 1121.

also this delay tele 3 being able to grant you a free blockstring, does it apply to low hitbox characters as well? not being able to interrupt between tele 3 and the follow upstring is one thing, but whether it jails is another thing, if it jails the whole 1121 should connect, if it doesnt they will be able to uppercut you out mid string if they have a low enough hitbox.

coolwhip

Noob
Agreed 100%. when i played Pig Of The Hut for the first time this weekend he was so patient i literally stopped and truned to ask if he was playing seriously midway through round 1 (which i won) before he got me to believe that kenshi might go even with or maybe even beat kung lao. I've never been so unsure about a matchup because i've never played another kenshi like that.

i read this as pig sperms, lol
Don't be so unsure about the match-up. Lao rapes Kenshi. The reason you had doubts is probably because of the disparity in levels between you and Pig (don't take this the wrong way by the way, Pig would maul most of us anyway).

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
that video doesnt tell you anything about delay tele 3 on block though, it all applies to instant 3.

so according to the new information, these are the strings I should use for each tele 3 situation( if I decide to pressure)?

also this delay tele 3 being able to grant you a free blockstring, does it apply to low hitbox characters as well? not being able to interrupt between tele 3 and the follow upstring is one thing, but whether it jails is another thing, if it jails the whole 1121 should connect, if it doesnt they will be able to uppercut you out mid string if they have a low enough hitbox.
Delay tele 3 will hit any opponent crouching, and give you a blockstring against anybody.

coolwhip

Noob
Reo's the only one winning with Kabal, yet we get to call Kabal 'cheap' still.

LBSH, Kenshi is still cheap as shit, but it takes a great player to make him 'cheap'. I think people are justified in calling him cheap, but they're not at all justified in calling him easy mode.
REO's the best Kabal by far, but do we ignore Detroit winning Anaheim with Kabal, or CD Jr. making the Grand Finals of EVO with his inexperienced Kabal?

Agreed with your post, but felt the need to point that out.

coolwhip

Noob
Delay tele 3 will hit any opponent crouching, and give you a blockstring against anybody.
If your opponent blocks the delay 3, he can D1 you or uppercut you out of 1,1,2,1 (as long as he does it before the first 1 of course) Pig was doing it to Tom all the time in their matches. Sorry to say, but you're wrong on this one. It combos on hit, yeah, but it can be interrupted on block.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"

Teleports really shouldn't be used that liberally against low hit box characters anyway, all the testing in the world won't make it worth doing, but thats only my opinion.

Teleports really shouldn't be used that liberally against low hit box characters anyway, all the testing in the world won't make it worth doing, but thats only my opinion.
I know, but regardless its not info you can miss. I use teleports a lot less nowadays, I actually got some friends to play with again offline and the more I play the more I see how dominant this character is without the teleport.

you can actually interrupt and full combo punish delayed 3 into a blockstring
this is what I thought for a whole year lol, and foxy suddenly said you can actually get a free blockstring off of it.

either way I will have to test this out myself.

edit": now that I think about it, ive never done something else but follow up with a block string after delayed tele 3 lol, I dont even know why. I hope foxy is right though, free blockstring on delay 3 is not a joke.

coolwhip

Noob
this is what I thought for a whole year lol, and foxy suddenly said you can actually get a free blockstring off of it.

either way I will have to test this out myself.
No need to test it. It CAN be interrupted. It's a fact. With all due respect to Foxy, who has a phenomenal Lao, of course.

i made a thread about it a while ago with a video showing how to do it. you can see it here if you scroll down to the kung lao spoiler tag http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/complete-smoke-guide.25171/[/quote]

I asked somberness a long time ago at what frames the 1 in the 21 string comes out and it was 23 frames I believe. standing 2 comes out at 7 frames so there is a 16 frame gap you can use to do that(23-7), I wonder if this is something people can pull off in a real match.

@UsedForGlue @A F0xy Grampa

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
I'll reiterate what I've said before about Kenshi and what many others have said in this thread. As far as execution goes he probably is one of the easiest characters to apply his tools and take full damage in most situations with. That, however, doesn't translate to an easy win at all. I don't think his spot on the tier list needs to change or anything like that. He's right where he belongs on a letter grade tier list among the "best characters not named Kabal" tier. I realize there is also a really big temptation to say "well maybe he's not crazy good, it's only Pig doing it." and that is correct to an extent. But what also has to be noted is that Pig represents the highest level of what the character is capable of just like REO does with Kabal or Dizzy does with Cage. This to me says it is ok to look at a character through one players results with him, especially in a community the size of ours, and especially in the case of Kenshi when Pig's Kenshi is the most traveled and tested by far. Our community really needs to get over MU numbers and charts though but that's another rant for another day.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Uncle Bernie Approves this thread whole heartedly

and i will say its a damn shame Under_The_Mayo doesnt live in the states and able to train w all of us cause I know how smart he is and he'd wreck ship w proper MU exp
Kind words sir. I´ll just have to be the kenshi south of the border. And pig, oh my god that signature. The good old days.

Also, how the hell does ANOTHER thread basically stating the already known (Kenshi is awesome) have 7 pages of replies, and my new video on high damage reversals has THREE comments? Get on it! http://testyourmight.com/threads/ultimate-kenshi-pt-5-advanced-position-reversals.26629/

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Tbh, it can't be denied that Spirit Charge is a ridiculously good move; 8 frames, big hitbox and range, decent push back and it's only -10 on block.

It also can't be denied that having buckets of armour and an armoured move in particular being +7 on block with huge push back is ridiculously good.

But, taking way Spirit Charge leaves Kenshi as really not that great of a character. He has really mediocre damage and is quite meter dependent. I think a lot of people forget that Pig is a beast as well. Players forget footsies and patient when playing against kenshi. He ends up almost always just backing himself into the corner.