What's new

LBSH about kenshi

All people who hate kenshi just pick up one of his bad MUs or 5-5 MUs and outplay me

#peace
couldn't have said it any better, i say with liu kang in a little different way.." if he isn't that good, then just play me, you'll find out the truth" haha. Also all the wins you got on lao with kenshi, pretty much justifies that you are just a beast haha.

I didn't say he was an easy win. I'm just pointing out that there is a big reason why ppl feel he is cheap. He does take patience and skill to win with at a high level. That's obvious. But if I told you I was making a character that was crazy hard to get in on then I'm going to give him super armor on nearly all his specials including the one that puts you full screen, you'd think iwas joking.

#IamMuffinMuggers
ok i see what your saying now. Heck there's no telling how this game would be with no armor, or if everyone had armor, but that's a whole other discussion.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
The prob with Kenshi isn't bf2, its armor. Dude cmon. All that armor? Plus your opponent is constantly blocking specials moves to get in? That's what is absurd.

#IamMuffinMuggers
Its not the armour, its the BF2 being 8 frames. Anybody can have armour.
8f special move with a bigger AA hitbox than something like Cages jab (also 8f).
Most characters jabs are 9 or 10f too.

ok i see what your saying now. Heck there's no telling how this game would be with no armor, or if everyone had armor, but that's a whole other discussion.
With rush down friendly this game is and there being chip damage, I'm cool with armor. But that much in a character that is designed to make you bust your ass to get in is a head scratcher. Especially spirit charge. It'd be like giving cages ex shadow not only armor, but super armor, that leaves the opponent standing in stagger state.

#IamMuffinMuggers

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Its not the armour, its the BF2 being 8 frames. Anybody can have armour.
8f special move with a bigger AA hitbox than something like Cages jab (also 8f).
Most characters jabs are 9 or 10f too.
Yeah but if you read that and you jump Kenshi loses 40% of his life in exchange for what ? 9% dmg and knock back. Same applies with his EX version as well. That does not apply to normal AA's though. The only thing i would nerf in Kenshi's arsenal would be the SC start up frames. 10f would be ideal imo. Kenshi is NOT easy to play with Foxy.

Post edited.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Yeah but if you read that and you jump Kenshi loses 40% of his life in exchange for what ? 9% dmg and knock back. Same applies with his EX version as well. That does not apply to normal AA's though. The only thing i would nerf in Kenshi's arsenal would be the SC start up frames. 10f would be ideal imo.
Yeah but you dont HAVE to get jumped at as Kenshi, thats why I've been saying to only throw the shoulder out on reaction to a movement that gaurantees the shoulder is hit/blocked.

I've noticed that the only way to really beat Kenshi is either play Kabal, or jump. If the Kenshi player doesnt let you jump, you're fucked.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Yeah but you dont HAVE to get jumped at as Kenshi, thats why I've been saying to only throw the shoulder out on reaction to a movement that gaurantees the shoulder is hit/blocked.

I've noticed that the only way to really beat Kenshi is either play Kabal, or jump. If the Kenshi player doesnt let you jump, you're fucked.
Depends on the MU. For example if i lead Kenshi to the corner with Ermac, he is right where i want him to be. That can be done with just dash blocking, not jumping. Also his huge hit box doenst help him against many rush down characters as well. Same applies with Ermac as well. If you jump against Ermac you are dead. Then why isnt Ermac broken, but Kenshi is, as people claim him to be. I wouldnt trade TKP for SC at any day of the year. SC is the most overrated move in the game imo.

Post edited.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Depends on the MU. For example if i lead Kenshi to the corner with Ermac, he is right where i want him to be. That can be done with just dash blocking, not jumping. Also his huge hit box doenst help him against many rush down characters as well.
Hitbox isnt an issue when you've got 8f shoulder & super armour. What rushdown character can maintain an offense using only 8f or quicker moves?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
KL is the only one.

Sonyas 7f string is full combo punishable, even by Kenshi.
JCs only 8f move is his jab everything else is 9, no JC player will EVER get away with only using jabs.
Yeah but still the chip dmg Cage applies, once he gets in, is ridiculous though. Also Kenshi's high hit box doesnt help him at all there. Sonya has EX cartwheel as well. Cant she break Kenshi's zoning when she is at sweep range ?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

kabal just isnt that bad man i guarentee you

Tong Lung

What is a breaker?
Kenshi is not cheap, he trained for years while waiting for his master Pig to return and turn him into a warrior!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Pig is Cheap not Kenshi LOL

I actually find it funny how this character drama is still the main subject after 2 years, player skill is always discredited for some scrub reason. LOLZ

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
The OP could be for anyone considered "cheap" Freddy, Kabal, KL, Sonya, the list goes on.

The reason everyone says "bf2 durr" is because we're salty.

REO

Undead
kung lao kenshi is really bad. but come on its not 8-2., 7-3 at best.
Kung Lao punishes SC the easiest on block with his long rage 7f 2. Kung Lao gets in on Kenshi the easiest out of any character and pummels him with jab pressure. Kenshi's insane wall game is not effective against Kung Lao since he is the most mobile character and the hardest to keep against the corner. Kung Lao is also the ONLY character in the game that can bait super armor SC / RK from Kenshi with teleport mix-ups after a cross-up and punish with full combo reliably.

If Kabal beats Kenshi 7-3, then Kung Lao beats Kenshi 8-2. It should be basic logic really. Stop downplaying Kung Lao and overlooking his tools in this match-up. It's almost as if Kung Lao was designed to counter Kenshi.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Kung Lao punishes SC the easiest on block with his long rage 7f 2. Kung Lao gets in on Kenshi the easiest out of any character and pummels him with jab pressure. Kenshi's insane wall game is not effective against Kung Lao since he is the most mobile character and the hardest to keep against the corner. Kung Lao is also the ONLY character in the game that can bait super armor SC / RK from Kenshi with teleport mix-ups after a cross-up and punish with full combo reliably.

If Kabal beats Kenshi 7-3, then Kung Lao beats Kenshi 8-2. It should be basic logic really. Stop downplaying Kung Lao and overlooking his tools in this match-up. It's almost as if Kung Lao was designed to counter Kenshi.
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
And Im out of here