What's new

LBSH about kenshi

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Sounds familiar. Hey guys, remember EasyMac? only back then it was BF1 and it isn't as cheap as what it has become.
Kenshi: SC = 8frame start up (Jab speed, therefore can be used to interupt Cage pressure.) -10 on block with pushback, virtually unpunishable. On hit gives a free DBF4 attempt. Alot of the time on block you can just throw another one since the player is using frames dashing forward to attempt to hit you. Ex with super armour and launches in the corner.

Ermac: TKP = 14frame start up, -17 on block with minimal pushback and easy to punish, slightly more range and no real good wakeup options after it. Ex is just a little flashy.

2 completely different moves :p

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I play him all the time and kenshi is cheap.

I just play other cheap characters like skarlet, kabal, and cyblax.

I'd lick him up but that sounds boring as hell to play mirrors.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
You are an exceptional player, but like me also, we don't have anyone to play. Well you do, but we don't train with the very best here.

I assure you if you had weekly casuals with great players you'd be outstanding. You are very knowledgeable
Aw, thanks. :) Yeah, if i showed up in the states right now I'd have problems. But if I got to go to US tournaments regularly and play with the other pro's, I'm confident that I'd do well. Thanks for the situational props! :)

Definitely so. This is a silly thread with bad potential and you know it.
bad potential? nothing wrong with it at all actually. no arguing nor any drama. Just stating something ppl should know. I've seen some silly threads/troll threads, and this isn't one of them. I seriously want to know everyones thoughts on kenshi, i hear about him all the time and others hear about him all the time.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Kenshi: SC = 8frame start up (Jab speed, therefore can be used to interupt Cage pressure.) -10 on block with pushback, virtually unpunishable. On hit gives a free DBF4 attempt. Alot of the time on block you can just throw another one since the player is using frames dashing forward to attempt to hit you. Ex with super armour and launches in the corner.

Ermac: TKP = 14frame start up, -17 on block with minimal pushback and easy to punish, slightly more range and no real good wakeup options after it. Ex is just a little flashy.

2 completely different moves :p
But back when he was EasyMac TKP was like -8 at the time.Obviously not precise because we had no frame data at the time but it was really cheap.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
man i hate that they nerfed ermac, stupid ass nerf from nrs, he really needs dat bf1 back.
He is still solid even without the old TKP. As for Kenshi all i have to say is this: Kenshi requires good spacing. If you dont have that, well, you are dead. People who are bitching about Kenshi dont have the patience to fight him. Same applies with Ermac. Spacing is essential in MK, especially for zoners. Good reaction as well. Now dont get me wrong though, Kenshi IS fucked up, but he isnt unbeatable. He just requires patience. To all the people crying out there, learn the fucking MU and stop whining, thats all i have to say.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
But back when he was EasyMac TKP was like -8 at the time.Obviously not precise because we had no frame data at the time but it was really cheap.
The reason they nerfed TKP was probably cause of his damage output. Ermac has 50% midscreen meter less combos. Now take that and add his old TKP back. S tier. Not awesome. The nerf was justified.

The reason they nerfed TKP was probably cause of his damage output. Ermac has 50% midscreen meter less combos. Now take that and add his old TKP back. S tier. Not awesome. The nerf was justified.
when i look at lao, kabal, and cyrax unnerfed, heck even reptile and compare to ermac, i'm like "why'd yall nerf mac". Also yes he had great dmg, but he isn't the fastest char, nor does he have great pokes, which is why he needs his old tkp so he can zone since that is what he's best at doing. But he was def top 10 before, so yeah he was super solid for sure, him and sub getting nerfed nvr made sense to me but whatever haha.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
when i look at lao, kabal, and cyrax unnerfed, heck even reptile and compare to ermac, i'm like "why'd yall nerf mac". Also yes he had great dmg, but he isn't the fastest char, nor does he have great pokes, which is why he needs his old tkp so he can zone since that is what he's best at doing. But he was def top 10 before, so yeah he was super solid for sure, him and sub getting nerfed nvr made sense to me but whatever haha.
Tbh with you, i find the new Ermac more challenging and fun to play with than the vanilla Ermac. Vanilla Ermac was today's Kenshi. Fucked up. Also he is not as slow as you claim him to be. His standing 1 is 10f, is a combo started which leads to a 38% dmg meterless combo, has great range, is safe and the entire 121 string is also safe and creates push back. His pressure as well is decent compared to the other zoners in MK as well.

Tbh with you, i find the new Ermac more challenging and fun to play with than the vanilla Ermac. Vanilla Ermac was today's Kenshi. Fucked up. Also he is not as slow as you claim him to be. His standing 1 is 10f, is a combo started which leads to a 38% dmg meterless combo, has great range, is safe and the entire 121 string is also safe and creates push back. His pressure as well is decent compared to the other zoners in MK as well.
yeah quite true, the thing i hate about his pressure the most is that on his 3,1 string, the 1 whiffs. New mac is like new sub, more challenging, so if you have great success with them, it feels that much more better.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Pig Of The Hut, a.k.a., Uncle Bernie, you can join in on this.
Alright i dnt know how many times i hear, "oh kenshi is cheap", or "anyone can win with him, just use bf2", and etc. Now me and others hear these things all the times, and I just wonder, if he's so easy, why dnt the haters pick him up? Kenshi requires one main thing: PATIENCE. Ppl act like he just takes bf2 and you'll win for free, that's a lie. Also the only kenshi who has top 8'd at all the majors is Pig, so how in the world is this character so "cheap" and no one else is doing what Pig is doing with him? Well i'll let yall discuss and tell me why he is so cheap or not and why there aren't more kenshis in top 8s.
Uncle Bernie Approves this thread whole heartedly

and i will say its a damn shame Under_The_Mayo doesnt live in the states and able to train w all of us cause I know how smart he is and he'd wreck ship w proper MU exp

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
yeah quite true, the thing i hate about his pressure the most is that on his 3,1 string, the 1 whiffs. New mac is like new sub, more challenging, so if you have great success with them, it feels that much more better.
31 string is tricky. In theory, yeah its risky to use without a jp, but trust me its tricky. Its at 0f on block and it still jails if you block 3 standing and the stagger 2 creates is scary man. Believe me.

31 string is tricky. In theory, yeah its risky to use without a jp, but trust me its tricky. Its at 0f on block and it still jails if you block 3 standing and the stagger 2 creates is scary man. Believe me.
it'd be nice if he could still combo off his 2,2 string, that did hella dmg haha.

better pick him up then haha.
I didn't say he was an easy win. I'm just pointing out that there is a big reason why ppl feel he is cheap. He does take patience and skill to win with at a high level. That's obvious. But if I told you I was making a character that was crazy hard to get in on then I'm going to give him super armor on nearly all his specials including the one that puts you full screen, you'd think iwas joking.

#IamMuffinMuggers