• Only gimps play Kung Lao Brah!

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • Where's my 24 Low Hat?

Votes: 85 76.6%

• Total voters

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
I have a question.

How does Kung Lao get past opponents that wisely block low?
How does he pressure them (or give them reason) to block high?
24 1+3, f2, grab, tele 2, tele 1, f3, stuff like that. But low blocking can be effective against KL cause both 21 and 112 first hit high.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
UsedForGlue How do you deal with cross overs? Most of the time My input gets messed up and the spin wont come out and I just hit them with the d1, this is not bet because I can still follow up with 1,1,1,24 but I want the spin to come out because of crossover jumpkicks or sonya's dive kick for example. so whats the problem did I do the input too fast or too slow? Is there some shortcut input for the cross over spin?
There is a new fad going about it, and that is risking D1 anti airs on crossovers, its not worth it, just accept that you made the wrong read and didn't poke out, or string out, or NJP as a read on the opponent, and be patient.

If you have :x there is no way the opponent will cross you over, its death.

There is a new fad going about it, and that is risking D1 anti airs on crossovers, its not worth it, just accept that you made the wrong read and didn't poke out, or string out, or NJP as a read on the opponent, and be patient.

If you have :x there is no way the opponent will cross you over, its death.
I, see that sucks. Well I'm still gonna try to find some way around it in the meantime, there must be something we can do.

UsedForGlue

your pressure string 1121 should leave you far enough away that you can f2
I would love it if it did that naturally, but you still need to read, and not dash forward on hit if you think the opponent will mash anything, so its still a read.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
24 1+3, f2, grab, tele 2, tele 1, f3, stuff like that. But low blocking can be effective against KL cause both 21 and 112 first hit high.
f2 and EXTele2 seem to be the only reason to block high against Kung Lao.
And no, i dont cound 241+2 because the first hit will whiff vs crouch like his other staples.

used for glue. whats your opinion on standing 3? I am using it right now because on hit its +4 and leaves you at the furthest possible range for 24. on block its the same just no advantage its neutral.

UsedForGlue

used for glue. whats your opinion on standing 3? I am using it right now because on hit its +4 and leaves you at the furthest possible range for 24. on block its the same just no advantage its neutral.
Standing 3...

I never use it, unless by accident or input bug.

Standing 3...

I never use it, unless by accident or input bug.
yeah thats how I came up with it. after they block the standing 3. 24 is almost guaranteed unless they jump. But by forcing your opponent to jump you leave yourself with a lot of options, especially with lao.

Bromog

Noob
I don't understand how to continue any of the bnb combos after the dive kick. Even when I dash afterwards I still can't land a FP or BP.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I don't understand how to continue any of the bnb combos after the dive kick. Even when I dash afterwards I still can't land a FP or BP.
My tips would be:
Hold forward and up after spin so you jump as early as possible
Hit 4 then down rather than 4 then down 4 to get jump kick, dive kick
Input dash before you land. Practice this without inputting 1 or 2 so you get a feel for when the dash comes out

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
This thread deserves a muffin.

Now I can finally assemble a decent Kung Lao.

Had no idea 11/112 was so dangerous. No wonder all my Hat attempts have failed.

Thank you, guys.

UsedForGlue

This thread deserves a muffin.

Now I can finally assemble a decent Kung Lao.

Had no idea 11/112 was so dangerous. No wonder all my Hat attempts have failed.

Thank you, guys.
Its very simple.

If you notice that the opponent always pokes after 1121, or 112, on block, then block, and punish the poke with your d1 or standing 2, or even spin the opponent if you think they will press buttons.

His rushdown isn't infinite on block, it's smarter than you would think.