What do you say?

• Only gimps play Kung Lao Brah!

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • Where's my 24 Low Hat?

Votes: 85 76.6%

• Total voters

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
There's life beyond Teleport 3. (or a rarely used 4)
I know characters without fast uppercuts like to wait crouching and D1 into AA combo. The grab is a good idea in that case imo.

this guide is incorrect in several places. one big error is on the 21~212 string. if the opponent blocks it standing, they can dash in and full combo punish.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
you also may be able to interrupt it with a parry like CSZ's but I have never tested that. try it out.
If (21212) it's fully punishable on block, then just take the block string and fully combo KL for it, instead of wasting the meter on armour.

But it's good to know it can be armour punished, or even better fully :x'd.

damn, tom bringing the bad news. But I am glad he provides us with some extensive knowledge this is really what the forums needed.

If (21212) it's fully punishable on block, then just take the block string and fully combo KL for it, instead of wasting the meter on armour.

So Johnny cages ex nutpunch must also be working. damn that character is starting to get really good.

MK_Al

Noob
the 21~212 string. if the opponent blocks it standing, they can dash in and full combo punish.
Thank good I didn't practice that string. UFG, you almost ruined my gameplay :D

Yeah, i take the full combo punish route. Just listing all the options.

MK_Al

Noob
you can still use it against so many characters safely, believe me its still a very good tool
Just trollin', I actually love this string :). It hasn't been punished either. I guess 21212 beeing punishable is some sort of secret knowledge.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
you can still use it against so many characters safely, believe me its still a very good tool
This string has tons of uses still.

If you have :x, then you can go to town on the opponent with string, as you can punish them for trying anything on you afterwards.

And if your like me, and like to use something like 21 on block into other strings, then 21212 will catch the opponent more often than not, and i can always hit confirm into spins, and :ex teleports.

Builds meter too, and because its not 100% safe doesn't mean you shouldn't use it, i get blown up by good players that interupt me with full combos when I try to advance after a 112 on block for a throw, so lets not get too hung up on how punishable this string is, and at that, its not very.

This string has tons of uses still.

If you have :x, then you can go to town on the opponent with string, as you can punish them for trying anything on you afterwards.

And if your like me, and like to use something like 21 on block into other strings, then 21212 will catch the opponent more often than not, and i can always hit confirm into spins, and :ex teleports.

Builds meter too, and because its not 100% safe doesn't mean you shouldn't use it, i get blown up by good players that interupt me with full combos when I try to advance after a 112 on block for a throw, so lets not get too hung up on how punishable this string is, and at that, its not very.
Yeah, Im still gonna use it a lot. Its still 8% chip and I will glady take a 10% superman to the face, since I am at a major advantage when it comes to meter, Since I chip my opponent he doesnt get any meter for taking that 8% damage but I will gain a whole meter from inflicting chip damage and taking raw damage from the superman. As of now the only characters I have to be careful about using this on is sonya, johnny cage and reptile.

The thing I am more worried about is actually the last hit which you can armor out of.

i played like this before u made this thread. no soberness nor frama data was used, just creativity xD
great job tho!

Theme

Noob
Been playing Kung Lao since prepatch right before EVO and still use him now. Arguably my best character. Ive never picked up a character and got good with him so fast. I still run into a lot of online KLs, so the train isnt dead, just more geared towards online.

UsedForGlue How do you deal with cross overs? Most of the time My input gets messed up and the spin wont come out and I just hit them with the d1, this is not bet because I can still follow up with 1,1,1,24 but I want the spin to come out because of crossover jumpkicks or sonya's dive kick for example. so whats the problem did I do the input too fast or too slow? Is there some shortcut input for the cross over spin?

MK_Al

Noob
@UsedForGlue How do you deal with cross overs? Most of the time My input gets messed up and the spin wont come out and I just hit them with the d1, this is not bet because I can still follow up with 1,1,1,24 but I want the spin to come out because of crossover jumpkicks or sonya's dive kick for example. so whats the problem did I do the input too fast or too slow? Is there some shortcut input for the cross over spin?
You can do d1 xx spin. If done correctly, the spin will connect launching the enemy. if not you're fu**** :)

ZtrideRz

Noob
I have the same problem my guess was because they change sides you have to do the input backwards if you get me because by the time you input the move he has crossed.. I'm not sure if am right tho.

1 thing I have been working out is in a lao v lao matchup.. There are a lot of pokes, so let's say I block a d1 that's -13 giving me chance to punish with a d3 giving me +10(because they will be in crouch) then I can link it with a spin they won't be able to block correct?

ZtrideRz

Noob
Also should be the same with a counterd d3 I block it there at -7 my d3 becomes 2 frames my d3 hits +10 spin. Is this correct.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
I have a question.

How does Kung Lao get past opponents that wisely block low?
How does he pressure them (or give them reason) to block high?